Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris luxury hotels (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA plat; SPG Gold; club 5c
Originally Posted by KatW
That's how I feel about Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur which seems to me tacky, nouveau riche, amateur and poorly serviced. Others, however, rave extravagantly.
+1 Whenever I talk to someone about the PRI i feel like i'm in the story "the emperor's new clothes." I just don't get it.

I'm a huge fan of le bristol, but i'll grant the earlier point that i personally don't love the aesthetic of the hotel and i've definitely seen better hard product, but i thought the service / concierge team was amongst the best if not the best i've ever interacted with and food / spa are solid.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:20 pm

Belated thanks

for the multiple suggestions fro the Bristol. I have booked a 5 day stay. I have booked a prestige room, any suggestions as to specific requests I might make to get the best possible room? It sounds as if there are high floor rooms with a view of the top of the ET but the inner courtyard is lovely too...
Old Jun 5, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Just starting to plan for an upcoming stay in Paris later this year, some great information in this thread.

Slightly OT - any suggestions for a side trip to Mont Saint-Michel? I know it can be done as a day trip, but it's quite a long drive. Any good luxury hotels in that area or on the way?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfoactuary
Paris

suggestions for a side trip to Mont Saint-Michel? I know it can be done as a day trip, but it's quite a long drive. Any good luxury hotels in that area or on the way?
hopefully R&C regulars will comment
there are some hotels on the maps >
http://www.relaischateaux.com/spip.p...id_rubrique=31
- Le Clos
- Les Maisons de Bricourt - old posts in other forums >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/franc...ml#post7847425
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...er-2009-a.html

these sites also have maps, but more hotel variation >
https://www.kiwicollection.com/searc...dren=0&rows=20
- Château de Saint Paterne (https://www.mrandmrssmith.com/luxury...-saint-paterne)
- L'Ermitage Mont Saint Michel

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 2, 2015 at 1:57 pm
Old Jun 6, 2015, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by sfoactuary
Slightly OT - any suggestions for a side trip to Mont Saint-Michel? I know it can be done as a day trip, but it's quite a long drive. Any good luxury hotels in that area or on the way?
As Kages said, the R&C properties would be the way to go. However if it's just for one or two nights and you'll be out all day, I would simply choose a well placed hotel like the Mercure St Malo Front de Mer and book a suite to be sure you have space.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 1:34 am
Original Member

Ought one to tip chambermaids in Parisian hotels?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by KatW
Ought one to tip chambermaids in Parisian hotels?
Only if you are American.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by speedbird001
Objection!
Old Jul 2, 2015, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by speedbird001
It's funny because it's true.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 6:48 am

Talking

Originally Posted by stimpy
It's funny because it's true.
Thank you.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 5:53 am

I know some of you are gonna fuss and holler about this, but an always impeccably informed, high fallutin' hotel yenta just whispered to me that 'famous for being famous'-star and Instagram sensation (burden) Kim Kardashian was robbed at gunpoint at an institution in Paris...

It seems that while Ms K was forced into the bathroom, her quirky and sumptuously bedazzled jewelry box was removed from her suite ($10 million). Apparently the culprits were dressed as policemen and bypassed security and Concierge.

Seems like in the aftermath many of the city's grande dames upped their security a bit to keep up with the PFW circus. Contrary to news reports, it did not happen at a private residence.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by scented
I know some of you are gonna fuss and holler about this, but an always impeccably informed, high fallutin' hotel yenta just whispered to me that 'famous for being famous'-star and Instagram sensation (burden) Kim Kardashian was robbed at gunpoint at an institution in Paris...

It seems that while Ms K was forced into the bathroom, her quirky and sumptuously bedazzled jewelry box was removed from her suite ($10 million). Apparently the culprits were dressed as policemen and bypassed security and Concierge.

Seems like in the aftermath many of the city's grande dames upped their security a bit to keep up with the PFW circus. Contrary to news reports, it did not happen at a private residence.
I think this is why Four Seasons George V are currently tweeting that there was NO assault in their hotel. No news, however, on which hotel it was..
Old Oct 3, 2016, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From the newspaper photos and tweets last night it looked to me like the back door of the Ritz. <shrug>

I walked right past there about a month ago.

That said, I saw articles here in French saying it was indeed a hotel-particulier which is used often by American celebrities. They interviewed a waiter from the cafe across the street who says he saw madame K going in and out all week.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
I don't think she'll be back anytime soon. It's a pity really as the city did not need such publicity... terror attacks are trouble enough
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:09 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Kim Kardashian West flees France after being robbed at gunpoint in exclusive hotel as five men escape with jewellery worth millions

The gang had kidnapped and handcuffed a night guard who led them to Kardashian's room.

Kardashian was staying in the Hotel de Pourtalès, a 19th century neo-Renaissance town mansion in Paris' cosseted 8th arrondissement.

The "hôtel partiulier" at 7, rue Tronchet has no internet site and is reportedly a kind of uber-select Airbnb for the superrich rather than a traditional hotel.

According to The Fab Day blog, other regulars to its set of nine apartments whose interiors were recently redesigned by Philippe Starck, are Brad Pitt and Mick Jagger.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...oint-in-paris/

Overall it's pretty sad to read/hear about this story.

Nevertheless. Cheers & Safe Travels. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.