best hotel in Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best hotel in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
For the moment we made a reservation at FS with FHR program as late check-out is most important for us. Peninsula Suite Life special offer is interesting for the rate but that's it and I guess we'll prefer the Island side.
Actually I made a second reservation at Peninsula.
Size of the suite (nearly twice bigger than FS), fact that they were renovated recently and view makes the Peninsula still appealing.
It's probably the first time ever that I cannot choose.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:14 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by stimpy
As said above, the IC has the best restaurants and views. The best views will be from Alain Ducasse's Spoon which is of course French food with 2 Michelin stars. But also at the IC you have the 1 star Yan Toh Heen. Also you can just sit in a comfy chair in the bar at the IC and enjoy the views day or night.
The food at Yan Toh Heen at the IC was very good -- the views of the Harbour are great as all restaurants at the IC face the Harbour.

I think I preferred Lung King Heen more -- their service was the most polished of all the fine dining restaurants we went to. The peking duck was stellar.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:48 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
+ 1

But I enjoyed the views from Man Wah too , MOHK along with their Peking duck & other dishes .
Needless to say , service was impeccable .
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:59 am

THE RITZ-CARLTON At Kowloon.Great Location And Extra Ordinary In Services. Really Is Great Place For Stay. :-)
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by agathecadieux
THE RITZ-CARLTON At Kowloon.Great Location And Extra Ordinary In Services. Really Is Great Place For Stay. :-)
Only if you can tolerate the location.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:48 pm

Thanks thought it was just me

The Ritz is kind off to the side stuck in a spot with not a lot around it. Thought the Shangri la Kowloon was kind of the same on the other side, but at least it has a Harbour view.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:04 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Speaking of Chinese food, see if you can get a table at The China Club.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LillianJ
The Ritz is kind off to the side stuck in a spot with not a lot around it. Thought the Shangri la Kowloon was kind of the same on the other side, but at least it has a Harbour view.
SL is a nice walk along the seafront to the Star Ferry weather permitting. The walk from the RC is not nice and is a big construction zone at the moment and will be for the next few years.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:29 pm

Going to HK for the first time late November and I am looking for a recommendation on where to stay.

First I'd like to stay away from the protests assuming they will continue for a month. I've experienced tear gas in Buenos Aires in 2001 trying to get back to my hotel; tear gas works. Hopefully, it won't get to that point.

Looking to experience the Harbor Views and a good night life close by.

Thanks
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:33 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Kowloon is a lot quieter than Central… I'd suggest either a Grand Deluxe Harbour View room at the Peninsula (newly renovated, very elegant hotel). I just stayed there; see my review here.

Your other choice in Kowloon is the IC Hong Kong.

Originally Posted by delmardave
Going to HK for the first time late November and I am looking for a recommendation on where to stay.

First I'd like to stay away from the protests assuming they will continue for a month. I've experienced tear gas in Buenos Aires in 2001 trying to get back to my hotel; tear gas works. Hopefully, it won't get to that point.

Thanks
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:50 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Another option would be one of 9 Harbourview Terrace rooms at the IC -- they are not available for booking on-line but have great Harbour views PLUS a small terrace to enjoy the views outside. Terrace is large enough for 2 loungers and a small table. These have to be booked direct with hotel or through your Travel Advisor.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by delmardave
If you care more about nightlife than looking at the island from across the harbor, you should stay on the island (IMO).
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:29 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by moondog
If you care more about nightlife than looking at the island from across the harbor, you should stay on the island (IMO).
No. At the moment that is where the protests are. I'd avoid the island and stay in Kowloon until the protests blow over. That means the Pen or the IC.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
No. At the moment that is where the protests are. I'd avoid the island and stay in Kowloon until the protests blow over. That means the Pen or the IC.
Yes, there are protests on isolated parts of the island (Central and Causeway Bay), and there are also (much more intense) protests in Mongkok. When I suggested the island for nightlife, I was certainly not plugging Central/Admiralty or Causeway Bay.

There aren't any cool bars in TST.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:15 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

We are staying at the FS now (Central, Island). Have been walking around a lot at the Island and never noticed the protests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.