best hotel in Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best hotel in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2007, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by MumbaiFlyer
The Four Seasons pool alone is enough to stay there. But the rooms are fantastic as well. They also had shaving kit and full toolthbrush/toothpaste box in the bathroom - though it was an unexpected nice touch.
I would be very surprised if the other hotels mentioned didn't also offer this. Shaving kits and toothbrush/toothpaste is fairly standard for hotels in many parts of Asia, and not just 5 star properties.

However, if what you mean is that the Four Seasons offered a "full size" toothpaste container, that would be something else. Though personally I would find that to be very wasteful.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 9:52 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

For service: My votes would go to the Peninsula and the Mandarin. It just depends on which location you prefer.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 10:25 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Amanjunkie
I would be very surprised if the other hotels mentioned didn't also offer this. Shaving kits and toothbrush/toothpaste is fairly standard for hotels in many parts of Asia, and not just 5 star properties.

However, if what you mean is that the Four Seasons offered a "full size" toothpaste container, that would be something else. Though personally I would find that to be very wasteful.
I completely agree but at the time I still thought it was awesome. It was a full-size toothbrush and a very small tube of toothpaste.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 5:51 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by MumbaiFlyer
I completely agree but at the time I still thought it was awesome. It was a full-size toothbrush and a very small tube of toothpaste.

I cant remember the last time I stayed in a hotel in Asia that didnt have this!
Old Nov 30, 2007, 8:26 am

Programs: EK Blue,VS,BA, Krisflyer, Hilton Gold , Radisson Gold , Hyatt Gold.
Is the Island Shangri La not be up there with the others?
Old Nov 30, 2007, 10:17 am

On the HK side: Mandarin oriental, and ShangriLa, maybe Conrad.
On K side: Peninsula

You can't go wrong with any of them.....
Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:48 pm

Kind of cool thing about the LMO. It's one of these relatively "cool" hotels. Not too cool (like a W) so that it's a pain in the neck, but very current. The business cards for their restaurants are all really creative. So yesterday, I come into my office and have the card for MO Bar on my desk. It's dark. Then I notice that it is glowing. Yes, they actually use glow-in-the-dark business cards. Cool, I thought!

Yes, it's sort of silly, but it sort of adequately describes the hotel. Really, really luxurious but still trendy and very up to date. If you're willing to live with the mediocre views, it's really an amazing place! But then again, in HK you really can't go wrong with the LMO, MO, Pen, and probably the FS.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 8:41 pm

Programs: Former Starwood Plat, Former Marriott Plat, Delta Million Miler, US Airways Million Miler
If on business in Central, my vote is Mandarin. If on holiday, my vote is Peninsula.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:07 am

Programs: US CP, SPG Gold
My vote is for the Mandarin Oriental, I have always enjoyed my stays there.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:18 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
For Frequent Luxury Hotel users, arguably the Best HKG Hotel is a Free Weekend night at The Intercontinental for Ambassador Club Members.

The $150 Joining fee exceeds the price of the room in HKG and you have status for the next 12 months.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...mbassador.html

IMHO One of the Best Hotel Values/Deals in The World.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 12:23 pm

My vote goes to InterContinental.
Rolls-Royce airport pick-up and check out the view!
http://www.wildlifeland.com/Angkor/H...s/5d_4239.html

We stayed at the top floor and this is by far the best cityscape
view in the world:

http://www.wildlifeland.com/Angkor/HongKong/
Old Dec 6, 2007, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Well the IC free nite certificate has to accompany a paid night and the price of a room with a good view at the IC is pretty high.

As for the Rolls Royce, aren't you thinking of the Peninsula? They have the full Rolls fleet and airport transfers are free to Centurion members.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by stimpy
Well the IC free nite certificate has to accompany a paid night and the price of a room with a good view at the IC is pretty high.

As for the Rolls Royce, aren't you thinking of the Peninsula? They have the full Rolls fleet and airport transfers are free to Centurion members.
What the IC has is even better, in my opinion: two vintage Daimler limousines.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA GS
I love the toothbrushes from the FS in HK! I haven't been able to find them anywhere else but they're great!

FS has an amazing pool, great contemporary rooms and bathrooms, and better-than-expected standard of FS service. Room service food was great. have not used the car service but I understand it's either an S-Class or Bentley Arnage. The Pen is older but if you like room technology, it's the place to be. Service is good (though not as good as the FS I think). The indoor pool is nice, but tiny compared to the FS. The RR Phantom transfer is fun! Molton Brown amenities are great.

The Conrad is a solid hotel, though the rooms are dated and the service not quite as good as the Pen or FS. But it's good and consistent, has an the best location in HK in a natural setting across the road from a British government compound up in the hills. It's also conveniently connected to Pacific Place. Decent views of the harbor. Good value, if somewhat lacking in areas.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy

Has anyone taken advantage of this free night cert? I'm trying to find the T&Cs. I'm staying at the IC in HKG next Thurs, Fri and Sat nights at a rate of $350 per night or something. If I can use this cert to pay for Sat. night, I'd definitely jump on this deal.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.