Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread -- older thread, now closed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread -- older thread, now closed)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Wow, much more recent than my last stay!

I did go for breakfast last month, and was disappointed by how much that had fallen.
Care to elaborate?
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by itihm
Care to elaborate?
The buffet had less hot items, less bread, less salad, less everything. Except the price, still the most expensive breakfast buffet in Japan.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:58 am

The buffet had less hot items, less bread, less salad, less everything. Except the price, still the most expensive breakfast buffet in Japan.
It's not the most expensive if it's complimentary as a club guest and/or with a Virtuoso or STARS booking...
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
It's not the most expensive if it's complimentary as a club guest and/or with a Virtuoso or STARS booking...
I live in the metro area. I don't need or want to stay at a hotel every time I eat breakfast there!
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:11 am

I live in the metro area. I don't need or want to stay at a hotel every time I eat breakfast there!
Oh I used to just drop in for breakfast at my favorite hotels all the time. I think my highest breakfast tab was at MO actually, but that was a la carte and included a bloody mary or two... I find the set breakfasts to be more or less the same price at all of the hotels.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Well, the rates fluctuate according to occupancy, but tend to be among the highest in town. That's not to say that it can't be great value if one knows how to target upgrades and/or has the right connections

BTW the spa offers Sodashi treatments, and it's worth making a point of eating at the Teppanyaki counter and at Azure 45.
My partner noticed that on the luxury magazine article. Alas, so many great places to stay and spa at in Tokyo but so little time.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:12 pm

Can anyone advise on types of liquor available at Ritz in the club level? Is it champagne, wine, beer? If there's liquor is it available throughout the evening? We're the types who like to have a nightcap on vacation and just trying to decide whether to use points and pay to get club access or not.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by lizs
Can anyone advise on types of liquor available at Ritz in the club level? Is it champagne, wine, beer? If there's liquor is it available throughout the evening? We're the types who like to have a nightcap on vacation and just trying to decide whether to use points and pay to get club access or not.
You're definitely in good hands. R-C tokyo serves only high quality wines and spirits in the club lounge, many of them are right off the menu from the lobby lounge and bar. This is an hotel where I believe paying for club level accommodation actually saves money if you are a drinker like I am. Plus it's one of the best club lounges in the world IMO.

Think wines and cocktails that would cost $20~$30 a glass downstairs. And the afternoon tea is also exactly the same as what people pay a lot of money for in the lobby, except in a quieter more private setting with an even better view from the top of the building.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Oct 13, 2015 at 8:28 pm
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're definitely in good hands. R-C tokyo serves only high quality wines and spirits in the club lounge, many of them are right off the menu from the lobby lounge and bar. This is an hotel where I believe paying for club level accommodation actually saves money if you are a drinker like I am. Plus it's one of the best club lounges in the world IMO.

Think wines and cocktails that would cost $20~$30 a glass downstairs. And the afternoon tea is also exactly the same as what people pay a lot of money for in the lobby, except in a quieter more private setting with an even better view from the top of the building.
Must be good and was also recently redone too. Right?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Must be good and was also recently redone too. Right?
I haven't been since it was refurbished, but the service was already irreproachable before, so it can only have improved.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I haven't been since it was refurbished, but the service was already irreproachable before, so it can only have improved.
If I didn't have my hotels booked. I'd have looked into here. The only Tokyo luxury property I've never been to.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
If I didn't have my hotels booked. I'd have looked into here. The only Tokyo luxury property I've never been to.
Well try it whenever you get the chance. The Teppanyaki counter and the French restaurant Azure 45 are definitely worth trying. Energetic young F&B and club lounge management are just fantastic at what they do.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well try it whenever you get the chance. The Teppanyaki counter and the French restaurant Azure 45 are definitely worth trying. Energetic young F&B and club lounge management are just fantastic at what they do.
Better teppan than Nadaman at SL?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:35 pm

Thank you for the detailed response (and everyone else's)! He's a scotch drinker and I'm a wine drinker, and it will be our honeymoon, so it sounds like it may make sense with those prices. We are definitely drinkers when on vacation - nothing rowdy of course - but one at happy hour, a couple after dinner sort of thing.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lizs
Thank you for the detailed response (and everyone else's)! He's a scotch drinker and I'm a wine drinker, and it will be our honeymoon, so it sounds like it may make sense with those prices. We are definitely drinkers when on vacation - nothing rowdy of course - but one at happy hour, a couple after dinner sort of thing.
You're also around Roppongi and midtown for location and drinking outside the hotel if you choose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.