Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread -- older thread, now closed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread -- older thread, now closed)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's a busy travel period.... with the leaves turning in lots of places. So it's doubtful that prices will go down much, but book a refundable rate anyway.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Arrow29
We may be heading back to Tokyo for a few nights in November and have just been having a look at hotels to get an idea of rates. We absolutely loved our stay at MO - were blown away by the service. So will either go back there or try somewhere different for a change to see how it compares!

Does anybody know if mid-late November is a peak period for Tokyo hotels? The current prices are reasonably expensive. Not sure whether to book now or risk waiting until closer to the date when prices often go down.
Why would you not book a refundable rate now?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Why would you not book a refundable rate now?
Exactly. Make a cancellable reservation to secure availablility and then monitor for price drops.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:21 am

Thanks for the replies - when I read it back I'm feeling quite silly as that's obviously the thing to do (which would have been the case anyway, booking through my TA)! I blame extreme tiredness at the time of posting
Old Jun 19, 2016, 9:35 pm

What's the latest consensus regarding the Palace Hotel? From reading back through this thread, the hard product is quite good, as is the F&B, but the service can be lacking compared to hotels such as the MO / RC Club level etc?

I have a booking for MO in November currently (we stayed there last trip and loved it) - total is 86,000JPY per night inclusive of tax.

The Palace Hotel for the same dates is 58,250JPY per night, which is quite a difference!

Would be interested to hear thoughts, we'd be staying with our 1yr old.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:38 pm

I would stil choose MO. But, if the savings will make a material difference to your trip, i.e. if it will affect your dining or shopping budget, then it might be something to consider. You will be fine at any of Tokyo's high-end hotels.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by Arrow29
What's the latest consensus regarding the Palace Hotel? From reading back through this thread, the hard product is quite good, as is the F&B, but the service can be lacking compared to hotels such as the MO / RC Club level etc?

I have a booking for MO in November currently (we stayed there last trip and loved it) - total is 86,000JPY per night inclusive of tax.

The Palace Hotel for the same dates is 58,250JPY per night, which is quite a difference!

Would be interested to hear thoughts, we'd be staying with our 1yr old.
Palace is aggressive on price, but the quality is very high. I am not sure the difference you are looking at would justify it. And I personally find the service is as good as the other luxe hotels - but it is Japanese service.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:02 pm

Has anyone seen any actual photos from the new Prince Gallery Kioicho yet? The hotel opens in less than 4 weeks and there's not a single photo of the property or rooms other than the same limited and less than inspirational digital renderings that have been displayed on the website for the past many months...
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OliverB
Has anyone seen any actual photos from the new Prince Gallery Kioicho yet? The hotel opens in less than 4 weeks and there's not a single photo of the property or rooms other than the same limited and less than inspirational digital renderings that have been displayed on the website for the past many months...

The hotel has been open for quite awhile. I ate breakfast there several weeks back.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:48 am

Has anyone stayed in the RC Tokyo Modern Japanese Suite?

Need two beds and prefer a suite. This one is the only one that offers both, but not sure how comfortable futons would be compared to regular beds
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:11 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe I am a typical softie westerner but, for me, the whole concept of sleeping on a futon instead of a mattress starts wearing thin after one night at most.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Maybe I am a typical softie westerner but, for me, the whole concept of sleeping on a futon instead of a mattress starts wearing thin after one night at most.
My back agrees.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:33 pm

There are different types of futons just as there are different types of beds. Some are even elevated and resting on a foundation. We've slept on hard futons and we've slept on hard beds. We've slept on some futons that were as comfortable as hotel beds and vice versa. For the most part though, I'd tend to agree. 2 nights on a futon is enough for me. (unintentional poetry)

Our bed at The Peninsula was far and away the most comfortable we've experienced in Japan, if not anywhere.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm

The hotel has been open for quite awhile. I ate breakfast there several weeks back.
That's strange, the website indicates 07/27.

Even less of an excuse to not have actual pictures up on the website.

What was your impression of the property?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:02 pm
THR

Hi all,

Reading through this rather large thread for some good advice on a Tokyo stay (our first time in Tokyo) next year.

I'm wondering whether it is far too early to book though as the rates being returned are rather high. We are looking for about 6 nights from June 16th: RC Tokyo returns a starting rate of 137,000 JPY!

Should I just wait until a lot closer to the time?

*(I'm a habitual early booker and researcher as we are generally reasonably firm with our dates.)

Last edited by THR; Jul 22, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.