Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Does Mandarin Oriental have a Loyalty Program?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2006, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH-SEN, BA-G, HH-Diamond, PC-Diamond, Marriot-G

I will be working for a while in South East Asia and have just found out that we do have attractive corp rates at MO in SEA.

I was thus planning to stay at two of the MO properties for an extended period of time. Does MO have a Loyalty Program - I did not find any information of google or the board - but then it may be me...
Old Jul 3, 2006, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

RC, Pen, FS, MO = no programs

You can redeem Marriott rewards for RC stays though. (no earning)
Old Jul 3, 2006, 5:27 pm

I might be terribly mistaken, but I seem to recall that the MO Manila had special packages for people staying for extended periods (1 month+). The MO SEA might have the same thing. I would call and ask if something can be arranged.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
No loyalty progam, but you can earn miles with a number of airline programs (mainly all the Asian FF programs + BA and Virgin)

http://www.mandarinoriental.com/hotel/507000064.asp

Still waiting for my 500 Asia miles from a stay at the MO Miami a month ago.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 6:14 pm

I just checked the MO at KL and they have special benefits for people staying for extended periods. They even have apartments that you can reserve.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Serviced apartments" definitely a major thing in Asia..

But other than the discounted rate, what "benefits" are there for extended stays?
Old Jul 4, 2006, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
Originally Posted by dbuckho
No loyalty progam, but you can earn miles with a number of airline programs (mainly all the Asian FF programs + BA and Virgin)

http://www.mandarinoriental.com/hotel/507000064.asp

Still waiting for my 500 Asia miles from a stay at the MO Miami a month ago.
Whoohoo, 500 SQ miles for a US$8,000 stay at the Kahala MO a couple summers ago...

However...at least once I was given air miles for a one-night MO stay that was bought through Hotels.com. ^
Old Jul 5, 2006, 8:22 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Stayed at the MO SF for the New Year's Eve 2000. Paid a ridiculous rate for the privilege. Was denied UA miles (with which they were then participating) because it was a "package rate," rather than a published one.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 5:22 pm

Any update?

Hello,

I took a look at the MO site and could not find any info on this.
So i think there is no loyalty program.

But i thought i ask you too.

Thx,

P.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by PatranoV
Hello,

I took a look at the MO site and could not find any info on this.
So i think there is no loyalty program.

But i thought i ask you too.

Thx,

P.
They give a token amount of miles per stay or night, I forget which. In the past I have chosen Virgin Atlantic, which was 1,000 miles. They never posted and I never followed up to get them.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 11:50 pm

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by fra_muc
I will be working for a while in South East Asia and have just found out that we do have attractive corp rates at MO in SEA.

I was thus planning to stay at two of the MO properties for an extended period of time. Does MO have a Loyalty Program - I did not find any information of google or the board - but then it may be me...
MO, like Four Seasons, don't have a loyalty program. However when you make a reservation with MO you have the option of creating a folio to enable you to fill your details in quickly when making future reservations with MO. This folio enables MO to track its clients and to determine the value that they are worth to the organisation. Regular guests who are tracked through this system can expect upgrades, although as with regular loyalty programs (eg Hilton Honours) these can not be guaranteed.

However if you are planning to stay for an extended period of time I would contact the Front Office Managers directly. The real benefit that MO have is that they are very focussed on guest needs, and there is the ability to develop relationships with management in the hotel (if you stay there regularly). So I would contact the Front Office Manager directly prior to your stay and negotiate any perks directly with them, and from there to develop a relationship with them. You will find that you enjoy the hotels more too once you become known to them and I am sure they will treat you well.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm pretty sure that both MO HQ and individual hotels track your stays. FS too. I sometimes get birthday greetings from some of these hotels. And I've called in to the central reservations and found out they have tracked my previous stays, both at MO and FS (Europe).
Old Jan 2, 2010, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
I'll be very curious to see if any of the high end chains start a loyalty program given the beating they are taking in this economy?
Old Jan 3, 2010, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by bsdstone
I'll be very curious to see if any of the high end chains start a loyalty program given the beating they are taking in this economy?
Leading Hotels of the World is launching one this month. Stay 5 nights at any LHW properties (same calendar year) and get 1 free night, valid at any LHW property.

Could be attractive for some people, and could arbitrage well at cheaper places in Asia and redeeming in Europe / US. Only snag is that only 1 free night can be used per stay so you can't stay 15 nights, get 3 free nights and then use them all together at the same hotel.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

loyalty program = status, which includes paid status

who doesnt have such partner offerings?

re LHW free nights, i just dont buy that there is no min/max. there are dirt cheap properties.
vs >
- €1485 wolgan valley
- €1500 le royal mansour
- €1590 maia (breakfast only)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 3, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.