Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leading Hotels of the World Leaders Club

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: BA
Leaders Club v Amex FHR

I made a booking with The Greenwich in NYC and received an invite to join the Leaders Club (at a cost) but after a little investigation it appears that I'd be wiser using an Amex FHR agent as I'll be visiting an MO property during the trip.

I'm platinum free at present and am unable to compare room rates, do they compare favourably with LHW's?

Also how consistant are the walk up benefits of early check in and upgrades for each?

I understand that Amex Platinum has additional benefits and bonuses also but the agent perks passed me by. Seems a no brainer even at Ł450 fee if the benefits are consistent.

Last edited by heronb; Aug 10, 2014 at 7:28 pm
Old Aug 11, 2014, 7:09 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Leaders club

Originally Posted by LR2013
Hi all, I am debating about joining the Leading Hotels of the World Leaders Club for a weeklong stay at the Williamsburg Inn, which will hopefully help ease a family get-together trip!

Does anyone have recent experiences with LHW Leaders Club bookings, benefits received, service at the hotel as a member, etc? I've noticed some of the hotels like the Williamsburg Inn and some Langham properties are not part of any other hotel programs like Virtuoso or Amex FHR, so the LHW Club is pretty much the only way to get some "status" and perks. Thanks kindly!
Hi, i am an unlimited member, my husband the complementary family member limited member. I have asked at the hotels we have stayed and they have all given EXACTLY the same upgrade to limited and unlimited BUT we do not book our holidays in peak season so i guess for a ski hotel in the school holidays or sun hotel in the school holidays its probably worth going unlimited for the guaranteed upgrade.

We find the 4th night free rather than 5th night worthwhile as we do quite alot of leading hotels stays but thats really the only benefit of going unlimited for us.

Status perks for the hotels we have stayed in have been exactly the same as amex BUT amex doesnt give you a night free after 4 nights!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:40 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Receive a Free year of Leaders Club when you complete a 3-night stay!

I had given up on Leader's Club completely, but this e-mail coinciding with a 3-night LHW booking (non Virtuoso-property) comes just at the right time:

Limited time offer - book by April 30, 2015

Complete a 3-night stay by May 31, 2015 and receive a complimentary year of Leader's Club membership

To take advantage of this offer, call your local Leading Hotels reservation center at:
00-800 2888-8882
0-800-55-1123
Mention offer code RETRN
Membership brings benefits to
enhance every stay at a Leading Hotel:
• Earn a free night at any Leading Hotel for every 5 stays*
• Room upgrades, early check-in and late checkout**
• Daily continental breakfast
• Complimentary Internet access
• Welcome amenity
• Exclusive offers and invitations
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by vienna-resident
I had given up on Leader's Club completely, but this e-mail coinciding with a 3-night LHW booking (non Virtuoso-property) comes just at the right time:

Complete a 3-night stay by May 31, 2015 and receive a complimentary year of Leader's Club membership

To take advantage of this offer, call your local Leading Hotels reservation center at:
00-800 2888-8882
0-800-55-1123
Mention offer code RETRN
• Welcome amenity
Good if you don't have to pay to renew. But ultimately, this is a dying program. What a shame.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by grumbler
But ultimately, this is a dying program. What a shame.

Why is that?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:51 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

00-800 2888-8882
0-800-55-1123
Mention offer code RETRN
• Welcome amenity
Hmm, do I qualify, I just stayed three nights at a hotel that happened to be a LHW? However, I booked through Virtuoso.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:14 pm
Suspended

00-800 2888-8882
0-800-55-1123
Mention offer code RETRN
• Welcome amenity
Interesting promo, and worth value - if only for the free night.

God, this program is really starting to stink.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I booked through Virtuoso.
agents can book through LHW, like FHR/SLH/preferred/kiwi(visa?)
in order to use 'club' for LHW/SLH/preferred

Originally Posted by behuman
It's not the program, but the consortium which looses all its partners. Remember once all Orient Express Hotels (now Belmond) and many Mandarin Orientals with some Four Seasons were part of it. All gone.

There are still strongholds like Switzerland where the top is really part of LHW.
non-chain properties in europe

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 20, 2015 at 7:41 pm
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:34 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by grumbler
Good if you don't have to pay to renew. But ultimately, this is a dying program. What a shame.

It's not the program, but the consortium which looses all its partners. Remember once all Orient Express Hotels (now Belmond) and many Mandarin Orientals with some Four Seasons were part of it. All gone.

There are still strongholds like Switzerland where the top is really part of LHW.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Hmm, do I qualify, I just stayed three nights at a hotel that happened to be a LHW? However, I booked through Virtuoso.
It would have to be a new booking made through LHW. I got the offer sent to me too.

Leaders Club is useful for certain properties that do not participate in other consortia.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:59 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Leaders Club is useful for certain properties that do not participate in other consortia.
Exactly. That and only that. I would never have bothered to pay for LC membership, but I was happy to take it for free. The complimentary breakfast alone will safe me 150 GBP during my stay.

Agree with the others that LHW has pretty much lost it's appeal over the recent years.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:19 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
It would have to be a new booking made through LHW. I got the offer sent to me too.

Thanks, I figured that was most likely the case.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by Trogger
Why is that?
As noted by others:

1. Biggest problem is the shrinking pool of LHW properties. Having super coverage in Central Europe doesn't really make up for the fact that offerings in Asia are weak, and even options in NY and London are not great.

2. Amex FHR/Virtuoso is now more consistent in terms of benefits being honoured by properties, in my experience.

3. Even the free night program is tricky because of the various ways stays can be disqualified from counting.

I used to really like the program, but I just don't use it that much anymore and will probably terminate the membership this year.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I wasn't in Leaders Club till a couple of years ago, but I've had nothing but fantastic experiences with it... properties top notch, although yes, they lack numbers in Asia. But what they do have there is tip top, and I'm saving up my stay credits to spend at Laucala Island in Fiji ($4k/night).
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

any agents booked through LHW for clients LC benefits?
curious if it makes any difference in LC/etc recognition

http://www.lhw.com/terms-and-conditions
A travel agent may make a booking on behalf of the Leaders Club member provided the agent books a publically available rate through LHW.com or an LHW reservationist and uses the Leaders Club member’s number at the time of booking.

Reservations made through a travel agent must be cancelled through that agent, as the agency controls the record.

Reservations made using a Complimentary Night Certificate are not commissionable to travel agents.
Originally Posted by vhrum
I'm saving up my stay credits to spend at Laucala Island in Fiji ($4k/night).
no longer possible, but i heard it was originally

edit >
laucala joined in jan 2013
redemptions prompted changes

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 22, 2015 at 4:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.