Leading Hotels of the World Leaders Club

Old Sep 28, 2007, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

id definitely recommend considering using Virtuoso in addition to LC
Old Oct 3, 2007, 4:16 am

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
id definitely recommend considering using Virtuoso in addition to LC
How is it to use Virtuoso if based in Europe? It does not seem like the are represented here?
Old Oct 3, 2007, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

anyone can book with a Virtuoso TA.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 1:15 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by tfung
Just stayed at Villa Kennedy in Frankfurt which is part of LHW... made the reservation through LHW website with a weekend rate, which was lower than what was offered through the hotel website. Upon check-in was asked to produce LC card and was upgraded 2 categories without asking from a deluxe room to a junior suite. Granted the hotel was nearly completely empty on the weekend, it was a nice touch..

Also received some wine, cake and sausages as an amenity.
Booked a deluxe room at Villa Kennedy for the upcoming weekend in the same way. Let's see how LC will work then. Deluxe to JS seems to be a one category ug though.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

virtuoso benefits @ villa kennedy >
- Upgrade upon arrival, subject to availability 

- Buffet breakfast daily served in the restaurant or Continental via room service
- Guest's choice of prosecco for two and antipasti OR Apfelwein for two and typical Frankfurter-style appetizer in JFK's Bar & Lounge 

- 12 Noon early check-in, subject to availability 

- 4 PM late check-out, subject to availability

recent virtuoso thread >
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=877066
Old Nov 6, 2008, 3:58 am

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Upgrades Langham Hong Kong

Hi,

Anyone with experience with upgrades through Leader's Club at Langham Hotel Hong Kong?
Old Nov 9, 2008, 2:09 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by ngfan
Booked a deluxe room at Villa Kennedy for the upcoming weekend in the same way. Let's see how LC will work then. Deluxe to JS seems to be a one category ug though.
Just returned from my weekend stay at Villa Kennedy.

I received:

- no welcome present or note
- late check-out until 14:00 hrs only offered after making a request at check-in and some negotiation
- triple upgrade from Deluxe Room to Executive Suite ^

Overall an excellent property and true, elegant luxury hotel. A trip report will follow soon.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Interesting ....

Just got an e-mail from Leaders Club to renew my membership at the free level. However, if I upgrade to Leaders Club Access for a year ($300 or Euro 234) they are offering me 15,000 Miles & More miles.

This compares to a cost of Euro 290 for purchasing just 12,000 M&M miles via the LH website! Now, 1.3p (the £ equivalent) is still not exactly a bargain thanks to the collapse of the £ against the $ but its worth spending a bit of time looking at LHW Access.

(You can also get 30,000 miles by spending $2,000 on Leaders Club Unlimited membership, but I think I'll pass ....)
Old Mar 3, 2009, 2:11 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Virgin Flying Club Red, Swiss M&M Blue
Access membership

Ive had access membership for a short while now and it has paid off compared to the free membership I had.

I know the $250 may seem a lot considering you dont really know what you are getting for your money (the Ts and Cs seem suitably vague) especially with the -$ exchange rate now.

However, if you are a frequent user of their hotels then this has to be a bargain way of getting upgraded rooms.

I have been upgraded each time I have stayed as an acess member and would have had to pay far more then $250 extra for even one of the upgrades so for me it has been worthwhile. I even tend to book lower category rooms as I know at certain hotels that the upgrades are liiley to be forthcoming.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

how often do you get upgraded at booking?
Old Mar 3, 2009, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Virgin Flying Club Red, Swiss M&M Blue
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
how often do you get upgraded at booking?
I've not been upgraded at booking although I beleieve there are some rates at some properties that will guarantee that.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dobba
Ive had access membership for a short while now and it has paid off compared to the free membership I had.

I know the $250 may seem a lot considering you dont really know what you are getting for your money (the Ts and Cs seem suitably vague) especially with the -$ exchange rate now.

However, if you are a frequent user of their hotels then this has to be a bargain way of getting upgraded rooms.

I have been upgraded each time I have stayed as an acess member and would have had to pay far more then $250 extra for even one of the upgrades so for me it has been worthwhile. I even tend to book lower category rooms as I know at certain hotels that the upgrades are liiley to be forthcoming.
I have to say I think you're wasting your money. I have only the basic level of membership (the free version) and I've been UGed at every single property I've stayed at (an average of 5 / yr) over four years - bar one. Many of the establishments have been even more generous still: gifts etc.

I'm not trying to one up you here, just I think you're wasting your cash in expectation of a benefit that you likely would've had anyway.

I agree with other posts expressing similar sentiment though: the benefits aren't always volunteered. It feels a bit vulgar having to ask, but I suspect that other than the occasional front desk staff issue of non-familiarity with the program, it's often quite deliberate.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 3:15 pm

Programs: QFF WP, PG Premier, LHW LeadersClub Ultimate, R&C 5C Club,HHonour GOLD,
Leaders Club

I have basic Leaders Club membership.
I booked a Broadwater suite at the Pallazzo Versace through LHW in Sydney
On Arrival we we met by the manager who informed us that we had been upgraded to the "Imperial Suite" absolutely beautiful without a doubt the best room in the entire hotel.
Had the pleasure of revisiting a few weeks later although the Imperial was unavailable they discounted the room by $200
Bravo LHW.
I certainly can not complain.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 7:50 am

Just got an e-mail through from Leaders Club touting the fact that effective Jan 1st, you can start earning towards free nights at LHW properties. Apparently full details will be available in Spring (presumably including earn and burn rates), but the earning of free nights will commence in January....
Old Dec 18, 2009, 8:17 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, HH Diamond, HY Explorist, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Au, UA Ag
Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
Just got an e-mail through from Leaders Club touting the fact that effective Jan 1st, you can start earning towards free nights at LHW properties. Apparently full details will be available in Spring (presumably including earn and burn rates), but the earning of free nights will commence in January....
This is certainly a welcome enhancement to the program!

There are some preliminary details here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.