Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury Property in Western Michigan (Lake Michigan)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2009, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott PLT, Starwood, American Gold, Delta

We are hoping to visit the region of southwestern Michigan along Lake Michigan, in the general area between Union Pier to Saugatuck. Any suggestions about really nice hotels/inn/etc in this area?

I asked a comparable question about the northwestern Michigan coast several years ago and a number of you came through for me, recommending Inn at Bay Harbor. It was great. I'm hoping for some more good suggestions for the southern part of the state.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:50 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
None that I can think of in Southern Michigan.

You might consider the American Club in Kohler Wisconsin if you are looking for a luxury lakefront resort. I believe that American Club is the only four diamond resort in the midwest.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott PLT, Starwood, American Gold, Delta
mktozd - We've been to the American Club several times. Isn't it a wonderful place?

We really want to experience the southern part of the Lake Michigan coastline. I was just in hopes there might be a hidden "gem" that I didn't know about.

To any other reading this - open to any suggestions! I can find lots and lots of bed and breakfast type places, but most don't really look like our style.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 2:15 pm

Saugutuck is the best bet for a nice hotel. I have not stayed there but according to reviews on another site, the Bella Vita Spa and Suites looks like a premium spot.

There is certainly nothing like the Inn at Bay Harbor in that part of Michigan though. This part of the state is more laid back than Up North.

Thanks, Mike.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:53 am
formerly lelandv

I have a summer house in Leland, MI north of where you are thinking of staying...there is NOTHING worth staying at between Chicago and the Inn At Bay Harbor. The american club is totally amazing but not on the water and if you don't golf its kind of a waste.
Inn at Bay Harbor is also in a better location in terms of summer activities near a better town for shopping/day trips etc

Good luck PM if you have any more questions...i know the area very well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.