Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite Toiletries

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2007, 4:40 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Just returned from a stay at the Ritz-Carlton Naples where they are now featuring Bvlgari Au The Blanc toiletries (at least on their club floor). The scent is light, but in my opinion, not as pleasant as the original Au The Vert. The new packaging however is much nicer, although the bottle size has been decreased.

Back in the day, St. Regis used to offer Lady Primrose toiletries (Los Angeles) which I thought were quite nice, although I believe the chain has since switched to Aqua Di Parma as was the case in San Francisco.

On a side note, I recently returned from a trip to Australia where I stayed at Palazzo Versace. Sadly, the beauty of the bathroom was spoiled by the absolutely horrible quality of their toiletries. The website advertises products from the Versace Dreamer collection, however the very generic looking bottles were simply stamped with the hotel name leading me to believe they were not actually Versace products--very disappointing!
Old Jun 2, 2007, 8:25 pm

Are all R-Cs using Bulgari in all rooms now? I was in Pentagon City a couple months ago (and amazingly had a wonderful stay) and the room had nice, relatively large (probably 45 mL) bottles of the blanc Bulgari products instead of the Spa Fresh or Trevie I'd seen before. And much bigger than the tiny bottles I'd gotten at an RC Gtown suite of the Bulgari stuff in 05.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Yes, RC seems to be close to 100% Bulgari white now. I prefer green...but the white is still good and preferred over L'Occitane and Aromatherapy / other MO brands. FWIW...my last MO stay was in a a suite in DC and the product was not A'therapy, but a lessser known brand that was so-so at best.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by DrivingRain
Yes, RC seems to be close to 100% Bulgari white now. I prefer green...but the white is still good and preferred over L'Occitane and Aromatherapy / other MO brands. FWIW...my last MO stay was in a a suite in DC and the product was not A'therapy, but a lessser known brand that was so-so at best.
Was it Elemis? MO l DC was using that a couple years ago in lieu of some of the AA stuff when they ran out. I've never heard of it, but it might be a well-known brand for all I know.

Thanks, DrivingRain. That is nice that RC is totally Bulgari now. Although I must say, while it smells great, I don't like how it works. I actually way prefer L'Occitane and Aromatherapy Associates (which I actually really, really like!).

Last edited by aa4ever; Jun 3, 2007 at 6:11 am Reason: grammar error: missing a comma!
Old Jun 3, 2007, 6:34 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, AA 2 million miler,Concierge Key, BA Ex Gold, One World Emerald
Originally Posted by Editress
I get the impression that the choice or otherwise of toiletries is quite important when staying in luxury hotels - does it tend to influence your opinion of your stay at that particular hotel? Editress
Lets put it this way, I have hoarded so much L'Occitane soap, shampoo and conditioner from the Four Seasons chain around the globe that I haven't bought any of those bathing needs in years.
"Excuse me, housekeeping? Yes, I need some more soap and shampoo."

Last edited by Donk93953; Jun 3, 2007 at 6:53 am
Old Jun 3, 2007, 6:44 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, SPG Gold, HH, Marriott Silver, Delta, United, TSA Prechk/GE
Bulgari white tea is nice but...

My favorites in order of preference:

1. At JK Place in Florence, Italy, they had hotel-labeled toiletries wth an "exclusive fragrance" by Lorenzo Villoresi, a Florentine perfumer from the time of the Medicis. The fragrance was a light floral/green scent. And they came in large (2-3x the usual sample size size) with a standard size top so the liquids came out easily. And they weren't stingy with them either. So we brought back a big stash.

2. The Savoy in London had Penhaligon's Quercus when I was there. Loved it so much I went to the store and bought the EdT in addition to carting back all the shower gels and soaps I could carry.

3. REN - I loooove - the Great Eastern in London has them too.

4. Rancho Valencia's (Rancho Santa Fe, CA) custom Valencia products have a light and fresh orange scent. They use them in the spa there too.

MB, Bulgari and L'Occitane are also nice to have. I would like to see fresh f21c products in luxe hotels, as they are one of my favorite toiletries/fragrance/cosmetic lines. Anyone know if where they can be found? Until then, I will buy them retail for home use...
Old Jun 3, 2007, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by aa4ever
Was it Elemis? MO l DC was using that a couple years ago in lieu of some of the AA stuff when they ran out. I've never heard of it, but it might be a well-known brand for all I know.

Thanks, DrivingRain. That is nice that RC is totally Bulgari now. Although I must say, while it smells great, I don't like how it works. I actually way prefer L'Occitane and Aromatherapy Associates (which I actually really, really like!).
It wasnt Elemis (I wish it was)...
Old Jun 3, 2007, 9:21 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, AA 2 million miler,Concierge Key, BA Ex Gold, One World Emerald
Was it Elemis?
Elemis is a chain ( be it very small) of spas. Check it out at...www.elemis.com/usa/....
Old Jun 3, 2007, 9:22 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
My favorite is Aromatherapy Associates. It has all-natural ingredients with no chemical fragrances. Because my partner is chemically sensitive, she can be around me when I use these products

This is what was available when the Kahala Resort on Oahu was MO; don't know what they use since they dropped the MO affiliation.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by DavidO
My favorite is Aromatherapy Associates. It has all-natural ingredients with no chemical fragrances. Because my partner is chemically sensitive, she can be around me when I use these products

This is what was available when the Kahala Resort on Oahu was MO; don't know what they use since they dropped the MO affiliation.
I so agree. I know many on here dislike it, but I find it really pleasant! I actually prefer it to lot's of more expensive products.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Face Stockholm at the Mercer Nyc
Old Jun 4, 2007, 4:22 pm
In memoriam

I have used Molton Brown milk/oatmeal bath soap for years. It is no longer available for sale at the retail level. So when I find it in a hotel - I try to get a lot! Robyn
Old Jun 6, 2007, 6:28 am

DrivingRain: was it Gilchrest and Soames? I was booking a room on their website and noticed that it mentioned "luxurious amenities by G&S." If so, that's a BIG downgrade from the AA. That G&S stuff his horrid.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 8:55 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Interesting that R-C's have gone Bulgari; the FS in Milan apologized to me for no longer stocking Bulgari (which is in my profile) as a result of Bulgari's entry into the hotel business (but of course in that case the competing entry is almost down the street!).
In any event, I too, am a major fan of the Blaise Mautin scent at the PH Vendome. I also love Penhaligon's Quercus, which I've had at a few hotels, most recently the Bentley, and (as you might have guessed from the above) Bulgari's The Vert. (I do NOT like the white.) And I'm very fond of Aqua di Parma. Years ago I was quite taken with the apricot-scented toiletries at what is now, I believe, the Fairmont in Sonoma, but I think they've gone away.
I intensely dislike the smell of MB, as well as the effort involved in getting it out of those teensy bottles.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 10:20 am

DrivingRain: was it Gilchrest and Soames? I was booking a room on their website and noticed that it mentioned "luxurious amenities by G&S." If so, that's a BIG downgrade from the AA. That G&S stuff his horrid.
I think that is it, yes. I preferred the Aromatherapy products when putting those teo head to head as well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.