Favorite Toiletries

Old Sep 20, 2004, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I think that the Grand Hotel Baglioni in BLQ had Aqua di Parma (it was almost 10 years ago, so memory is sketchy).

bigguyinpasadena - check the Kiehl's website for travel sizes and "assortment" samplers - here's one example:

http://www.kiehls.com/Default.aspx?p...75&st=0&cc=138

Also, check Neiman Marcus (they may stock some sets for Xmas)
Old Sep 20, 2004, 11:26 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
The Grand Hotel Et De Milan also has Acqua di Parma if memory serves.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 1:10 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Silver, Hyatt GP Platinum, Marriott Rewards Silver
Too cheap to get the really good stuff ... yet

I'm too cheap to get the really good stuff ... yet. Most of my stays are on Priceline.

A stay earlier this year was at the Rancho Bernardo Inn (Rancho Bernardo, CA) and they served up the much mentioned Aveda toiletries.

Although I like the Hyatt standard amenities, the Aveda are very nice and worth mentioning, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe I'll pop for the 5* hotel (on Priceline) in Carefree, AZ at some point ... then we'll see what new toiletries I have to nominate .

Cheers.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 4:18 am
omh

Programs: LH: FTL HH: Gold LHW: LC Sixt: Gold
The Carlye at New York has Keihls products and they aren't stingy with it.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 8:06 am
Suspended

Programs: CX Gold MPO
Actually Kiehls is NOT that exclusive. I personally like Molton Brown better ( I think MB is actually more expensive as well!)

Well I am using the Tea Tree Kiehls Shampoo at the moment and the Blue Face Wash Gel. and the Molton Brown Vitamin C Shower Gel!!!

Also I don't like the Aveda products. They are not that good in quality and the smell is funny (IMO - the roesmary!)
Old Sep 21, 2004, 12:22 pm

From the "what were they thinking" file

Originally Posted by newcx12345
Actually Kiehls is NOT that exclusive. I personally like Molton Brown better ( I think MB is actually more expensive as well!)
My recent experiences with MB products were at the Grand in Stockholm. I didn't like them one bit, especially the cucumber shower gel. I mean, really, who wants to smell like a salad all day?
Old Sep 21, 2004, 3:24 pm
omh

Programs: LH: FTL HH: Gold LHW: LC Sixt: Gold
Maybe Kiehl's isnt't very exclusive in the USA but in Germany it is.
I know there are more expensive products on the market but I love the products from Kiehl's, for me the number two after siseido.
Old Sep 22, 2004, 1:02 am
Suspended

Programs: CX Gold MPO
Originally Posted by WearyBizTrvlr
My recent experiences with MB products were at the Grand in Stockholm. I didn't like them one bit, especially the cucumber shower gel. I mean, really, who wants to smell like a salad all day?

Are you sure that is MB?? Maybe it is some special request from the hotel as I've NEVER heard of a Cucumber Shower Gel from MB!

I love the Vitamin Shower or the Ginseng Shower GEl. The marine series is also pretty good.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by newcx12345
Are you sure that is MB?? Maybe it is some special request from the hotel as I've NEVER heard of a Cucumber Shower Gel from MB!

I love the Vitamin Shower or the Ginseng Shower GEl. The marine series is also pretty good.
Well, having checked the bottles I took from the Grand, I can confirm it's Molton Brown. However, you are right that it's not a shower gel, but rather a conditioning shampoo. The shower gel is Vitamin AB+C, which I find OK but not great. The Dorchester's toiletries still come tops for me, although the Bulgari White Tea I got at the RC in HK comes a good second.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by HKTraveler
Just returned to the GH Tokyo and find that the REN products are gone! So disappointed. This is a very recent change as I was in the hotel two weeks ago.
I was there and I absolutely LOVED them What are they using now? Are they good at all?
Old Sep 25, 2004, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by aa4ever
I was there and I absolutely LOVED them What are they using now? Are they good at all?
From September 1st, they switched to some craporama called "Provinscia", made (not just imported, like MB), by Pelikan Japan, the Sodexho of Japanese toiletries. I mentioned this to the front desk, and they gave me Ren for the rest of my stay, but I assume this too shall end as their supplies dwindle.

You can't even buy it in Japan.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:31 am

Got back last night from Villa Feltrinelli on Lake Garda and Acqua de parma there - including candles, room sprays and stuff too - very nice. Also was at the Splendido in Portofino last month and they provide an enormous bowl of toilettries - a mixture of Bulgari (Green Tea) and MB - basket included things like face wash which makes a nice change. However, best of all IMO is Le Touessrock in Mauritius - where it's just MB - but a huge range of different varieties - a choice of about 3 or 4 different shower gels each for the male and the female - so 6 or 8 in total, in pretty big bottles. I rally loved being able to choose what scent i felt like every time I showed or bathed.....
Old Sep 27, 2004, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Originally Posted by cadogan
Got back last night from Villa Feltrinelli on Lake Garda and Acqua de parma there - including candles, room sprays and stuff too - very nice. Also was at the Splendido in Portofino last month and they provide an enormous bowl of toilettries - a mixture of Bulgari (Green Tea) and MB - basket included things like face wash which makes a nice change. However, best of all IMO is Le Touessrock in Mauritius - where it's just MB - but a huge range of different varieties - a choice of about 3 or 4 different shower gels each for the male and the female - so 6 or 8 in total, in pretty big bottles. I rally loved being able to choose what scent i felt like every time I showed or bathed.....
At the rates for those hotels, you should be able to!
Old Sep 28, 2004, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by brendamc
At the rates for those hotels, you should be able to!
..very true - but at least with decent toiletries you can justify in your mind those enormous rates a bit (I remeber staying at the Burj al arab a couple of years ago and being very pleased when the GM told me the value of the Hermes in the rooms there was over 500 - and that guests were welcome to take the whole lot home with them...although they weren't scents that I particuarly like, my parents did, and it certainly took the sting out of the bill a bit at the end. I am always cross when I pay to stay at really expensive places and they have rubbish toiletries that necessitiate you either hauling your own all over the world or even worse going out to a shop to buy something which actually works!! (and i include in this category any hotel that doesn't include hair conditioner and body lotion, as well as separate body wash and shampoo - i can't stand that combined stuff which leaves your hair a tangled mess and doesn't really do either job very well!). I have over the years stayed in some great hotels with terrible freebie toiletries and it really makes a difference to how pleased I am with the room (maybe odd but there you go!)!
Old Sep 28, 2004, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
I remember falling in love with Trevie's products while at a Ritz Carlton property somewhere in the US. I believe the Ritz Carlton sells their products on their website.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.