Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite Toiletries

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2004, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Talking

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I have to admit that I am slightly obssessed with Blaise Mautin (given at the Park Hyatt Paris and I believe, Milan as well). The scent is rather strong but it is fabulously original. I can't seem to find any retailers in Paris who sell these products, although other scents from BM are available in Parisian department stores. The housekeeping department must have been so annoyed by my requests of additional toiletries when I stay in this hotel.

!
I love the Blaise Moutin too - love that smell - couldn't find it anywhere, either - anyone have any suggestions to help Broadway Boy & I. Going to be at the PH Vendome again in Nov - will have to stock up.

I do love Bulgari, as it reminds me of our first Silversea cruise & brings back wonderful memories... Actually, don't mind the Park Hyatt toiletries too much - the hair conditioner & body lotion work & smell just fine.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 9:44 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Hermes is good, but my personal favourite is very basic: Neutrogena. Particularly Rainwater (and maybe 10% of the price of Bvlgari or Hermes, but better quality in terms of function). Usually I travel with either Neutrogena or Opal and take the upscale toiletries as gifts rather than use them, since I care more about function than packaging. Some make very nice gifts, esp. at hotels like St. Regis Rome which gives full size bottles in their suites (you can wind up with several hundred dollars worth of toiletries at retail price).
Old Sep 10, 2004, 6:17 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Here is another vote for Frederic Fekkai.

This is one of the two hotel amenities that have had a direct effect on my home purchases (linens/towels being the other). It is now my home soap, lotion(s), shampoo(s), and conditioner(s)...among other items such as hair gel, etc. I also get my haircut at the Frederic Fekkai shop in Midtown.

That would be an interesting thread unto itself:
I would like to learn of all of the amenities introduced to us by our favorite luxury hotels that we have brought into our homes.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 10:03 pm

The Grand Hyatt in Tokyo has nice toiletries from REN. Especially like their peach smelling conditioner! Aside from toiletries, I also think they have the best shower head I have ever used in a hotel. Not sure what it is called but it's one of those big round shower head that "rains" on you.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 12:22 pm

I LOVE the Fredrick Feckai (??? spelling) products given at the Alex in NYC. You can also buy them at his spa in Midtown.

I also like the REN products on BA flights in first
Old Sep 13, 2004, 12:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver
I like the Hermes selection at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Hong Kong and the Bulgari kits you get in F on SQ. Also the various hotels that use Aveda products are high on my list.

Last edited by oontiveros; Sep 13, 2004 at 3:50 pm
Old Sep 13, 2004, 1:39 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Originally Posted by oontiveros
I like the Hermes selection at the Mandarin Hotel in Hong Kong and the Bulgari kits you get on F on SQ.

Absolutely my favourites as well, I couldn't agree more. ^

Bvlgari Green Tea is excellent, I love the smell...
Old Sep 14, 2004, 2:11 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by oontiveros
I like the Hermes selection at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Hong Kong and the Bulgari kits you get in F on SQ. Also the various hotels that use Aveda products are high on my list.
I stayed at the MO two weeks ago so I could "stock up" on my Hermes. Still a great hotel.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
I also like the REN products on BA flights in first
REN products are also used at the SIDE Hotel in Hamburg (member of Design Hotels)

IIRC the Royalton in NYC used Kiehls products, which is where I first found their "Wet Look Hair Groom" which works nuicely with my unruly coif
Old Sep 17, 2004, 9:33 pm

Just returned to the GH Tokyo and find that the REN products are gone! So disappointed. This is a very recent change as I was in the hotel two weeks ago.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 5:19 am

Programs: Emirates
Club rooms at the RC in Barcelona have very large bottles of Aqua di Parma, smells fantastic!!
Old Sep 20, 2004, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Aqua di Parma - wow, now THAT's impressive! I have to make a note of that.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 3:20 pm
omh

Programs: LH: FTL HH: Gold LHW: LC Sixt: Gold
Kempinski Hotels have at thieir suites Bulgari products very nice. But Kiehls
is realy great.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I love keihls products-but it is hard to find them in travel sizes.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Aqua di Parma - wow, now THAT's impressive! I have to make a note of that.
The Principe di Savoia in Milan also has nice travel size Aqua di Parma products (and lots of them).

Sadly, the grande dame of Milan is showing a bit of wear and tear. Hopefully the Dorchester Group will fix her up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.