Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotel in Tel Aviv

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2004, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Luxury Hotel in Tel Aviv

Couldn't find anything other than a mention of the LC at Eliat and while I'm sure I'd love it, I was looking to stay in Tel Aviv as I'll only be in Israel for two days. I was looking for something like a Ritz or Four Seasons etc for a one night stay next Feb. My other night will be most likely at the Sheraton & Towers. I am not at all familiar with TLV or the 'local' chain hotels (Dan ??) so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 25, 2004, 10:15 am

First of all, there is no such thing as luxury or excellent service in Israel. It just does not exist. I have been staying at the executive floor of the Tel Aviv Hilton for many years. It's nice enough,has a decent pool and is on the ocean. The food is very good. And the lounge on the executive floor is terrific. So much so that you could eat all of your meals there if you wanted.
Old May 25, 2004, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Although I've never stayed in Tel Aviv, I think the Tel Aviv Hilton and the Dan Tel Aviv (run by the same folks as the King David in Jerusalem) are the only real options. Unfortunately, they both pale in comparison with any FS or RC.
Old May 25, 2004, 11:28 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, US Air Silver Preferred, BA ExecSilver
Luxury and Tel Aviv? Surely you jest - if you find it, along with polite, good service, I would like to know about it.
Old May 25, 2004, 1:03 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
The King David was perfectly acceptable and commensurate with the rate paid on my last visit. The room upgrade on check-in was an unexpected bonus too.

Just make sure that if you're not Jewish you respect the fact that this hotel adheres to Shabbat: ie any food you order on Friday will have been prepared the previous day.
Old May 27, 2004, 3:04 pm

Programs: UAL 1K/Million Mile
Try the Tel Aviv Hilton

I usually stay at the Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, and Mandarin Oriental chains. My favorite hotel in Tel AViv is the Hilton.

It's in a top location right on the Mediteranean adjacent to the beachfront promenade. They have an excellent Kosher Sushi Bar with authentic Japanese waitresses in komonas.

There is convenient taxi service at the hotel's doorstep. Security is also great. I attended a wedding there last year and we all had a terrific time.

ENjoy!!!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by thomasldewitt
how about the 5 star hotels tel aviv??
Israel has very few luxury options, they are discussed here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...ls-israel.html

In Tel Aviv you can choose two different kind of properties depending on location:
- beach (large hotels and no real luxury here) => Dan Tel Aviv, Carlton, Intercontinental David
- city (boutique hotels with charm but missing large hotels amenities like pool, spa, etc.) => Montefiore, Rotschild
The most exciting one about to open is http://www.thenorman.com
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by thomasldewitt
how about the 5 star hotels tel aviv??
Nothing. In Tel Aviv, you choose the option that sucks the least.

The Dan Hotel is fine, but make sure you have a view of something other than the pool. Here was my view:
The plastic grass and fake white flamingos is a nice touch ...

The David Tel Aviv InterContinental easily makes my list of 'worst ever'. I'd avoid that one. In my case, this hotel made it a point to take hostility and incompetence and make it an art form. It is simply impossible to be as bad as it was without making an effort.

I'll be trying the Hilton next.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:25 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
TRUTH! I'll be there in October and since I'm SPG Plat, I decided to just suck it up and stay at the Sheraton to get nights/points since there aren't really much better options. At least in the coming year or two, the W will eventually open to give a better SPG option--and most new and international W properties are pretty good. The Ritz Carlton is too far north to be of any use to me.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
TRUTH! I'll be there in October and since I'm SPG Plat, I decided to just suck it up and stay at the Sheraton to get nights/points since there aren't really much better options. At least in the coming year or two, the W will eventually open to give a better SPG option--and most new and international W properties are pretty good. The Ritz Carlton is too far north to be of any use to me.
Good luck.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:26 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla

The Dan Hotel is fine, but make sure you have a view of something other than the pool...

The David Tel Aviv InterContinental easily makes my list of 'worst ever'. I'd avoid that one. In my case, this hotel made it a point to take hostility and incompetence and make it an art form. It is simply impossible to be as bad as it was without making an effort.

I'll be trying the Hilton next.
WRT to the Hilton - it looked ok to me - like other big group/convention oriented Hiltons. But keep in mind that it has smoking rooms (don't know if that's common in Tel Aviv or not). If you have a thing about smoke (many people do these days) - be sure to make your preferences known when you make your reservation. Robyn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.