Reload this Page >

Toiletries at Four Seasons Hotels

Old May 14, 2004, 1:10 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G

I was wondering which Four Seasons properties provide L'Occitane toiletries instead of the awesome Bulgari ones. I remember awhile back the FS Philadelphia offered Four Seasons branded toiletries which were nothing special. FS Vancouver has L'Occitane; but the FS Paris offer Bulgari. I think in another thread, the FS Chicago offer L'Occitane as well. . . .

I would think that the higher end FS hotels (Paris, Milan, New York) would stock Bulgari and the lower end (Vancouver, Toronto, Houston) L'Occitane. It thus surprised me to hear Chicago getting L'Occitane.

Any thoughts? Do they offer other kinds of toiletries at other properties around the world? Is it the newer properties -- a la post Prince Al-Waleed properties stocking Bulgari?

Sorry. . . . a slow night here in London for me. . . . .
Old May 14, 2004, 3:10 pm

It seems inconsistent but most FS put L'Occitaine in regular rooms and Bulgari in suites. I was just at the FS Milan and that changed from Bulgari to Aqua de Parma.
Old May 14, 2004, 4:46 pm
Community Director Emerita

OT for Four Seasons, but what brand of amenities say luxury to you? My two personal favorites are Hermes and Penhaligon (Blenheim fragrance, please). The only place I've stayed that used Penhaligon was Inverlochy Castle in Scotland. I've since bought the toiletries at the Burlington Arcade in London. A few places have Hermes; I always consider it a treat.

Molton Brown is waaaaaaay too overused, and I tend not to be impressed by the self branded stuff some high end places use.
Old May 14, 2004, 5:00 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
OT for Four Seasons, but what brand of amenities say luxury to you? My two personal favorites are Hermes and Penhaligon (Blenheim fragrance, please). The only place I've stayed that used Penhaligon was Inverlochy Castle in Scotland. I've since bought the toiletries at the Burlington Arcade in London. A few places have Hermes; I always consider it a treat.

Molton Brown is waaaaaaay too overused, and I tend not to be impressed by the self branded stuff some high end places use.
I agree totally with Penhaligon's, and ESPECIALLY the Blenheim Bouquet!! The Conrad Brussels and The Waldorf Towers use Penhaligon's. BTW, the original shoppe in Wellington Street in Covent Garden is quite nice. I recall at several Hilton Hotels in London that in the Deluxe Plus and above room categories tend to offer various Penhaligon products.

Other luxury brands? Annick Goutal -- I think that was at de Crillon in Paris; Anne Semonin and Hermes at Le Bristol; Floris, is very nice, especially the bespoke Dorchester "blend". . . . but I think my absolute favourite is Bulgari's The Vert, which the Four Seasons George V in Paris uses.
Old May 14, 2004, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The only place I've stayed that used Penhaligon was Inverlochy Castle in Scotland. I've since bought the toiletries at the Burlington Arcade in London.
I first used Penhaligon at The Ritz in London, and then walked over to the Arcade to buy some. I've seen it at a number of other places, although I do not recall any of them, other than The Winsor Court in New Orleans, where I stayed a week last month.
Old May 15, 2004, 7:38 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Thumbs down Why the Cutbacks in Chicago and Austin (Perhaps Other Cities Too)

When I saw this topic name I thought that it would be asking why Four Seasons has cut back so much on these amenities as I have been very disappointed in its recent amenity selection.

In Chicago and Austin very recently (on multiple occasions) all that was there was in a suite or regular room:

Soap
Lotion
Shampoo
Conditioner

No mouthwash, no q-tips, no cotton balls, no sewing kits, no shoe horn, no razor, no shaving cream, no toothbrush, no toothpaste, no shower cap etc., etc. As I had mentioned in a previous post, when I called down for a few extra items they acted like I was asking for their first born.

As a comparison, I have had the misfortune of staying in a market where the best hotel is a Sheraton. The amenities there were of much higher quantity than the Four Seasons. They had mouthwash, sewing kit, shoe horn etc. There have been no such items recently at the Four Seasons.
Old May 15, 2004, 8:37 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
The L'Occitaine products are actually an upgrade from the previous products offered by Four Seasons. In the late 90's, they offered toiletries with no brand. They were ok. Then they started offering Neutrogena. Those were fine too. But I guess the folks in Toronto felt that they should offer toiletries that were more expensive (since standard Hiltons also offered Neutrogena), and hence we have L'Occitaine today in the standard rooms today.

Ritz-Carlton needs to change their toiletries.
Old May 15, 2004, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by francophile
Ritz-Carlton needs to change their toiletries.
It would be great if they would roll out Frederick Fekkai products across the system.

They already use his company's products at the Ritz Carlton Central Park property. It is what I use at home (soaps, lotions, and of course hair products).

Other than on branding, I find Ritz Carlton to be the leader in the in-room amenity category of the major luxury chains in terms of the range of goods offered.
Old May 15, 2004, 9:05 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Nice as Blenheim Bouquet is, I prefer Quercus, which I had at the MO Hyde Park recently and which is NOT available in body lotion at Penhaligon shops--it's a special for hotels. It reminds me a bit of Bulgari, which is my favorite. I also like Hermes, but rarely see it nowadays.
Old May 15, 2004, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by rfrost
I also like Hermes, but rarely see it nowadays.
I last saw Hermes at the Hotel Martinez in Cannes.

I thought there was a chain that carried Hermes in all of its hotels...I forget which one though.
Old May 15, 2004, 10:01 am
In Memoriam, Original Member

Originally Posted by DrivingRain
and Austin very recently (on multiple occasions) all that was there was in a suite or regular room:

Soap
Lotion
Shampoo
Conditioner

No mouthwash, no q-tips, no cotton balls, no sewing kits, no shoe horn, no razor, no shaving cream, no toothbrush, no toothpaste, no shower cap etc., etc. As I had mentioned in a previous post, when I called down for a few extra items they acted like I was asking for their first born.
Ditto for the FS Austin two weeks ago. However the FS Dallas the night before had all the goodies.
Old May 15, 2004, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, US Air Silver Preferred, BA ExecSilver
We had Bulgari at the Four Seasons in New York City - the Four Seasons Miami seems to use L'Occitaine. Will see about FS Prague and Istanbul after trip in June
Old May 15, 2004, 12:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by DrivingRain

I thought there was a chain that carried Hermes in all of its hotels...I forget which one though.
The Peninsula in Hong Kong offers Hermes. I wonder if it's chain-wide.
Old May 15, 2004, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL PM
The FS Hualai(sp?) on the Big Island of Hawaii uses L'Occitane but went from using full sizes to small but not minature, sizes. The FS in Vancouver did not use any name products last time I stayed there.
Old May 15, 2004, 1:35 pm
Community Director Emerita

Hermes

Places I know with Hermes:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.