Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
NYC Mandarin Oriental and Sasakwa Lodge at the Singita Grumeti Game Reserve

Tens of thousands of wildebeast, zebra and gazelles migrating below you when you gaze down from the Sasakwa Lodge, Serengeti National Park is hard to beat.^

So is the floor-to-ceiling window views of the Hudson River, Central Park and Columbus Circle offered by the really cool and chic MO in NYC.

They're my two
Old Jul 19, 2010, 8:43 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum
I only have limited experience (less than 20) as staying at superb hotels, but my absolute favorites are Mandarin Oriental hotels. I have stayed at both San Francisco, as well as in Las Vegas and their services are superb. Two Thumbs Ups ^^
Old Sep 2, 2010, 5:13 am
Suspended

So far it must be the 580 square metres St. Regis Bali Stand Villa...
Old Sep 2, 2010, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by paul2
I'm the same with city hotels Ericka. I spend so much time discovering a city I don't concern myself as much as I do with a beach or cultural resort.
Totally the same here. I am very envious of both of your lists. Mine would have to be the ocean view villa at Trisara. So well designed and so private. Waking up after a perfect night's sleep in the incredibly comfortable and enormous bed and walking (naked if you like) straight into the infinity pool with that gorgeous view is total bliss. Nothing stressful there: No waits for buggies, perfect coffee already in the room, delicious room service arrives without delay and without mistakes.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 7:19 am

My list may be a bit shorter than some of the distinguished travelers in this forum, but nevertheless:

1. Four Seasons Vancouver, Duplex Royal Suite.

30 foot floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the mountains. Enough said. Absolutely stunning views, and fantastic service as well.

2. Hotel Lutecia Paris, Presidential Suite

2-bedroom suite, incredible art and furniture, views of Paris from a 40 foot long balcony. A wonderful way to begin a first visit to Paris.

3. Drake Chicago, Presidential Suite

My father and I wanted to take a quick jaunt to Chicago a few months back. Peninsula, Trump, and PH all wanted around $500 per regular room. Drake promised us an excellent 2-bedroom accommodation for a flat $1000 per night. The suite had a living room large and opulent enough to host a party for 50, and the views of the lake were to die for. It may be old, and not up to the top standard in Chicago, but this suite was something truly special.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
Totally the same here. I am very envious of both of your lists. Mine would have to be the ocean view villa at Trisara. So well designed and so private. Waking up after a perfect night's sleep in the incredibly comfortable and enormous bed and walking (naked if you like) straight into the infinity pool with that gorgeous view is total bliss. Nothing stressful there: No waits for buggies, perfect coffee already in the room, delicious room service arrives without delay and without mistakes.
++1!!^
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:31 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
++1!!^

Now I am looking even more forward to our stay next year.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
If in Seville, Spain...try Westin Alfanso Hotel. In city but almost a Palace from early 1900's.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
Originally Posted by Musken
Now I am looking even more forward to our stay next year.
ME TOO!!!
Old Sep 2, 2010, 1:52 pm

It would appear Bali and Thailand takes most of the accolades in this thread. I'm surprised the Maldives aren't getting more nods.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Number of visitors to Bali/Thailand vs. visitors to Maldives?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by trekker
Number of visitors to Bali/Thailand vs. visitors to Maldives?
True but I would expect posters in this forum to be well travelled, ie not limited to the most common resorts.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by SocialAdept
True but I would expect posters in this forum to be well travelled, ie not limited to the most common resorts.
The Maldives has a very small number of real luxury resorts whilst Thailand and Bali have many. Theres obviously much more space to create a resort with many fantastic suites in,say,Bali than on a small atoll.
Also, some people just dont like The Maldives due to the lack of local culture despite the existence of a few high end hotels there.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 5:21 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by SocialAdept
It would appear Bali and Thailand takes most of the accolades in this thread. I'm surprised the Maldives aren't getting more nods.
My list had a Maldives room. ^
Old Sep 2, 2010, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the rooms in maldives that grab me are beachfront with pool @ OORR and 2BR overwater at FSLG. uninterrupted view, privacy, and the way the pools are @ OORR.

maldives are more about value. not the best diving IIRC. isolation can be good/bad. no aman yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.