Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Old Aug 6, 2011, 11:15 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum
Upgraded on a point stay for one night at the Marriott Rome Grand Flora. Wish I was there longer. Two balconies, lots of marble.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 6:42 am

Jivana Villa at the Intercontinental Bali was spectacular, but I also really enjoyed the 2 bed skyloft in Vegas too.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: DL PM
One of my more recent stays was at Londolozi Tree Camp in the Sabi Sands in South Africa and the villas there are wonderful with an outdoor shower and plunge pool(when the baboons weren't dipping their toes in), large wooden deck for spotting game and getting massages and expansive living room and bedroom surrounded by glass. The bathtub inside also had views of the bush and a shower too if you were not inclined to use the outdoor one. The service is extraordinary as the room is refreshed every time you leave. I could have lived in that villa.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: DL PM
Forgot to mention, the Julia Douma suite at the Shahbandar Palace hotel in Damascus, though the hotel is not a true luxury hotel, but that suite is right out of 1001 Arabian Nights and even has a remnant from the Temple of Jupiter in the marble bathroom!
Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

going back to fairmont SF penthouse - interesting history >
articles.latimes.com/1988-07-10/realestate/re-9155_1_penthouse

Originally Posted by Jac747
Julia Douma suite at the Shahbandar Palace hotel in Damascus...remnant from the Temple of Jupiter in the marble bathroom!

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 1, 2017 at 11:17 am
Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL PM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
Totally the same here. I am very envious of both of your lists. Mine would have to be the ocean view villa at Trisara. So well designed and so private. Waking up after a perfect night's sleep in the incredibly comfortable and enormous bed and walking (naked if you like) straight into the infinity pool with that gorgeous view is total bliss. Nothing stressful there: No waits for buggies, perfect coffee already in the room, delicious room service arrives without delay and without mistakes.
If you are just talking the room/suite, I would have to agree. For a city, the PS at the Boston 4S is pretty nice.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:16 am

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Presidential Suite at BKK Conrad was the nicest hotel suite for me.
I miss the good ol' days when mistake fares were not that uncommon.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 4:22 pm

I'll add the Presidential Suite at the JW Marriott Washington, DC. Though the hotel itself isn't five-star, this suite has some wonderful amenities. The 9 fixture Kohler shower, jacuzzi bath, full bar, and grand piano were all quite nice. So too is the (communal) terrace on the 12th floor.

The hotel has now twice upgraded me to this suite from ~$200 rates, but their flexibility should pay off--I'd be more than happy to, and will, pay full-rate to book it out for a party sometime.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:30 pm

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Four Seasons Singapore - Ambassador suite with connecting room for the kids.

Upgraded and loved it
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:25 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Presidential Suite at the old Ritz Carlton in Hong Kong.

Was 17 at the time and traveling alone. Dad surprised me and booked me a room via FHR. Arrived late at night and after a lot of confusion they showed me to the then largest suite on Hong Kong Island.

Was a great property which I don't believe that the current Kowloon location will be able to match. Going to give it a try in December though but don't have very high hopes.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
4800 square foot oceanfront villa upgrade from standard room category at the Viceroy Resort, Anguilla, West Indies.

Worldspan
Old Oct 16, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, Hyatt Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat/Lifetime Plat, Amex Plat / PRG, DClub
Villa at the Ritz Bahrain. Amazing place on the beach, with a butler that took care of *everything*.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, Hyatt Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat/Lifetime Plat, Amex Plat / PRG, DClub
In the US...loved suite upgrade at the old Swissotel in NY. First time in a luxury suite and my wife and I were amazed.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 2:29 pm

The best upgrades I have had (in order)

1. Presidential Suite at Conrad BKK (upgraded after a $200 room had a leaky faucet)
2. Premium Suite at Landmark MO in HK
3. Corner room suite at FS Las Vegas with gorgeous view of the strip
Old Oct 20, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Room 888 at the Plaza Athenee for me (an Eiffel suite). Had booked a deluxe junior suite and was massively upgraded - As always, booked through DavidO. This was certainly the nicest room I have ever stayed in, and the huge upgrade was the perfect xmas present for me on our stay there over the holidays.
After that, I would say mu suite at the Riad el Fenn, mostly for the bathroom.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.