Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2007, 11:27 am

re: suite

May be more modest that the others, but I was bumped into a suite at Chateau Laurier in Ottawa. It was in one of the 'turrets' and looked down onto the hand-cranked locks on the canal. Had the nicest bath products I've ever had at a hotel.
Old May 10, 2007, 10:11 pm

I was upgraded at the Rome Cavaleri - that's amore!
Old May 11, 2007, 2:40 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Imperial Villa and also the Bukit Suite at the Intercontinental Bali. Both are stunning suites comprised of multiple rooms. Needless to say the service was perfect.
Old May 13, 2007, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Southwest A List, United Silver, Jumeirah One Silver, Marriott Silver
2 Room Suite at the Grande Bretagne in Athens, Greece. Molten Brown bath amenities, flat screen TV on wall above bath tub, and butler service. The icing on the cake, a box of chocolates left in our room on the first day. The box contained little oranges and pears that were made of chocolate but tasted like the fruit. Also, the box itself was made of chocolate.

drnp
Old May 14, 2007, 7:17 am

Two come to mind

A Four Seasons private riverfront villa in the jungle at Sayan, Bali and one of the famous bungalows at The Beverly Hills Hotel, California.
Old May 21, 2007, 11:37 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by obscure2k
This thread really has me thinking of all of the beautiful suites I have stayed in over the years and what was so special about each one. In some cases it was the view (Hotel Crillon, Paris, with an obstructed view over the Place de la Concorde and dining on the terrace). The Grande Bretagne, Athens, with a view of the Acropolis, including the sound and light show, which we could see while dining on that terrace. The suite on the QE2, where we were served breakfast in bed on trays by our butlers, Albert and Margaret. Hotel Bora Bora in an over-the-water bungalow from which we could walk down a few steps and swim in the lagoon, watch the sun set over Tahaa and then watch the Manta rays play at night. The suite which had it "all" was the least grand of all; but the most perfect. It was at the Locanda Cipriani (not to be confused with the Hotel Cipriani) on the Island of Torcello (population 29). For many, Torcello is a day trip from the Fondamente Nove in Venice and lunch in the gardens of the Locanda. The Locanda has 2 suites and 4 other rooms. Our suite, the Fosca Suite was a step back in time. The furnishings were simple and beautiful, with handmade lace curtains on the windows, good books on the shelves and a sense of serenity which I have never experienced elsewhere. Not for a moment did we regret not having a television or internet access. Our suite overlooked grape arbors, flowering gardens and the Fosca church. This was certainly not the most extravagent suite, nor the most expensive we have stayed in, but, definitely one of the lovliest and most romantic of all. Go with someone you love, even if that someone is yourself.
What fun revisiting this thread....I still adore the Locanda Cipriani and I cannot believe that I omitted the Hotel Du Cap Antibes from my list. So beautiful...unobstructed view of the sea, sublime service, the best in creature comforts. Great memories of the pool jutting out over the sea and dining at the Eden Roc Pavillion. For me, it is not about the "nicest room" it is the ambiance and service which are most memorable.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 5:31 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I will have to add our SkyLofts at MGM Grand Loft as one of the nicest I have stayed in, not only for the gorgeous room but also for the spectacular service we received. A truly special hotel!!
Old Jan 12, 2008, 5:28 am

amanpuri villas.........some are better than others ........but then .........i would be happy in any one. for a resort.

The Peninsula tower corners or any suites with a view of the HK skyline ...on a good day that is.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 7:54 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I may have a new nicest actual room: Grande Deluxe Park View room on the top floor of the Peninsula Tokyo with a view of the Imperial Palace Grounds and the Maronouchi "neighborhood." The view was wonderful from practically floor-to-ceiling windows, though the subject of the views in HK are better of course. The best part of the room in Tokyo was the room itself. Very spacious for a "standard" room, with a huge walk-in closet (with dressing area inside) and a large bathroom modeled on those in Bangkok. Sliding doors could close off the bathroom and the dressing area, making a little hallway from the exterior corridor to the main part of the room, where a massive piece of natural-looking wood made another sliding door. The big wall installation followed the clean-lines motif of the rest of the hotel, with lots of technology and compartments tucked away inside. Everything in the room was perfectly functional and beautiful--the bed was very comfy too. Granted, we were there only a few months after the hotel opened, so things didn't have any wear on them at all. All the Peninsula technology was top-notch, better than in their other properties (surely because it's latest-generation). The phone, for example, lit up when you waved your hand near it, and in full color displayed my name, the local time and temperature, and the time in my home town.

Last edited by MegatopLover; Jan 12, 2008 at 8:01 am
Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:50 am

I would say the Amankila Suite in Bali is still the best room we've stayed in, followed by the Rajadamri Suite at the Four Seasons Bangkok, and then a Skyloft at the MGM Grand in Vegas.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
My number one best hotel experience: Cape Grace, Cape Town, South Africa.

2nd would be ....... too many to make a decision.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:59 am
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think my two suite experiences are extra sweet because neither cost more than $100/night.

MGM grand with the HUGE marble bathroom (and the 3 kids that thought this was great).

The Palms in Maui with the HUGE marble soaking tub in the center of the master bedroom, multiple bedrooms, multiple patios, and a dinning room that would seat 8. Oh yea and my kids also loved that tub.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 9:23 am

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
I don't think my stays are generally in the league with some of you guys, but here are a few. Interestingly, some are at a nice but not the nicest hotel in town.

In Banff, I was the keynote speaker at a conference and stayed in magnificent suite in the Rimrock Hotel. Huge glass windows (floor to ceiling?) in the room and bathroom overlooking the valley and the Rockies are right there in front of you. The huge bathroom had a huge bathtub (fit two nicely) with a jacuzzi right next to the immense window with a view of the Rockies.

In Mexico City, I remember staying in the Fiesta Americana. Room arranged by client who was real VIP in Mexico. Huge suite overlooking the park. Exercise equipment in the room. A full dining room table (I think) in case I wanted to have room service. Couches. Not sure I remember what else but I was very surprised by the room because the lobby was not impressive.

Very large, nice rooms in Four Seasons, Sydney, and Park Hyatt, Melbourne.

Had the best service imaginable in the Shangri-La in Jakarta. Suharto had just fallen and we had been asked to go help. The hotel was undoubtedly half full -- buildings were still smoking when as we were driven in from the airport. [I assume no one was there on holiday and most businesses probably told their folks to postpone the trip]. The hotel has a grand lobby with a bar with lots of tables and a jazz singer. My colleague and I would sit at one of the tables and plan for the next day and unwind. I typically take off my suit jacket and hang it on the back of the chair. Each time I started to do so (in the lobby bar or in the restaurant), a lovely young woman would have already arrived there silently and would take it from me and place on the back of my chair. The singer regularly came over to chat. My colleague and I were both married, but I had the sense that there might have been more than chatting if circumstances had been different. After I called for a laundry pickup at 8 AM the first work day morning, there was someone who stopped by at the same time to pick up laundry without any request.

As I recall, I had a terrific room in the JW Marriott in Hong Kong. I've stayed at a number of very nice hotels in HK including the Mandarin Oriental, but this was the nicest room, IIRC.

Spectacular room quite a few years ago in a B&B in Fort Ross, California. Russian-inspired architecture. Shower with many heads coming from different directions.

Finally, a new hotel called Luton Hoo in Luton, UK. A magnificent country house for a very wealthy British family, then UK trust property (?), being converted into a resort. While I prefer more modern look and style, the bathroom was about the size of a NYC apartment. The ceiling was high enough for a good basketball game. Views of an exquisite garden. Kind of a novelty, but interesting.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 9:12 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Wow..... it was 4 years ago today that I started this thread!! Thank you to everyone for contributing and please keep them coming!!
Old Jan 13, 2008, 2:09 pm

Programs: SPG: Plat; Amex: Plat.; Star Alliance: Gold, One World: Gold
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
My number one best hotel experience: Cape Grace, Cape Town, South Africa.

2nd would be ....... too many to make a decision.
Cape Grace Penthouse Suite has a private terrace with a jacuzzi. In winter (when there is summer weather) it is nice to be in that jacuzzi in the middle of the night. It is very private in the middle of the Waterfront

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.