Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rosewood Hotel, London

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:26 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Just a friendly reminder that Rosewood Elite agents can confirm upgrade at booking and combine with Virtuoso. At Rosewood London, upgrades are within same category; that is, from room to room, suite to suite, house to house.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by luxury
Just a friendly reminder that Rosewood Elite agents can confirm upgrade at booking and combine with Virtuoso. At Rosewood London, upgrades are within same category; that is, from room to room, suite to suite, house to house.
Perhaps that's the case with Virtuoso, but I was offered an upgrade from Suite to House with FHR. From the top suite to the lowest house to be clear.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
Stimpy, we are trained to make those kind of statements Of course, there are exceptions to every rule.

I loved my stay at Rosewood London. For me, the USP is the sense of place and the thoughtful touches in terms of design and amenities. I was in a Premier Suite and it was exactly what I would want for my London flat - it felt like I was somewhere, but at home at the same time.

I also loved the mini-bar (maxi-bar?!). So much of the room seemed to say, we thought of what you would want and need and then we took it to the next level. But not in a form before function, design is king, kind of way.

Erin
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by luxtrvlwrks
For me, the USP is the sense of place
I may or may not have nicked a couple of very stylish pens with the phrase "a sense of place" artfully etched on them.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
OK. If we separate the USP by talking about high end suites versus non-Suite rooms, the Rosewood has the largest and best super high end suites. And the only suite in the world that has its own postcode. IME their suites have the best quality bespoke furnishings. Certainly better than the FS or MO, Connaught or Savoy or Dorchester. We'll see what the new Lanesborough comes up with.

But I think, and this is my guess at this point based on my visit and photos, that the Rosewood also has the best appointed lower end rooms too.

Of course there's more to a hotel than the above and as I mentioned the FS has slightly better service. But the real differentiator and USP of Rosewood is the room/suite itself and the very impressive quality.
Thank you for your detailed reply. It makes me willing to give it a try
Old May 24, 2015, 4:16 pm
Suspended

We're leaving for London tomorrow. Have booked a Premier Suite at the Rosewood. Our dealings with the hotel concierge desk have - to date - been great. Robyn

Last edited by Robyn47; May 24, 2015 at 5:13 pm
Old May 24, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
Rosewood Hotel, London

Welcome back Robyn! Look forward to hearing your thoughts on Rosewood London.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:49 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Am looking at London in August and rates have been extremely high across the board and haven't gone down.

Am considering booking the Junior Suite via FHR (Have AMEX travel credits that have piled up over the last two years so would prefer to use them rather than book through my Rosewood Elite TA) and note they only upgrade within the same pool. Does Junior Suite get upgraded to the Dome Suite, if available?

Also considering the FS at Trinity Square, but keen to try this Rosewood.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Am looking at London in August and rates have been extremely high across the board and haven't gone down.

Am considering booking the Junior Suite via FHR (Have AMEX travel credits that have piled up over the last two years so would prefer to use them rather than book through my Rosewood Elite TA) and note they only upgrade within the same pool. Does Junior Suite get upgraded to the Dome Suite, if available?

Also considering the FS at Trinity Square, but keen to try this Rosewood.
Problem with Trinity is location. Also consider Rosewood now, but tend a little to Lanesborough or Mandarin Oriental, even if it´s double priced.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by offerendum
Problem with Trinity is location. Also consider Rosewood now, but tend a little to Lanesborough or Mandarin Oriental, even if it´s double priced.
We're going to the O2 for two of the three or four nights. Rosewood location is fine. Others will be almost an hour in a car each way.

The Lanesborough room decor is not to my taste. MO, more so but don't particular want to be in Knightsbridge.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 6:23 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Does Junior Suite get upgraded to the Dome Suite, if available?
The Dome Suite is a signature suite on property. I wouldn't count on a multi level upgrade no matter the time of year
Old Mar 1, 2022, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
The Dome Suite is a signature suite on property. I wouldn't count on a multi level upgrade no matter the time of year
The pricing indicates Junior then Dome then Deluxe in order? I would only hope for a one cat upgrade. What would this be if not in order of price?
offerendum likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 8:05 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
The pricing indicates Junior then Dome then Deluxe in order? I would only hope for a one cat upgrade. What would this be if not in order of price?
My understanding in that there is only one Dome Suite and that's why it is listed as a "signature" suite because it is more unique
It is popular and frequently booked
Old Mar 2, 2022, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by ABG
My understanding in that there is only one Dome Suite and that's why it is listed as a "signature" suite because it is more unique
It is popular and frequently booked
It's indeed a Signature Suite, but it's around 200GBP cheaper than the Deluxe Suite.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Yeah that dome suite is very individual. I booked a Dome Suite and got upgraded to the Deluxe suite which I recall being fantastic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.