Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Oriental Bangkok - only 30 min for wifi password

Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold

I had a quick stop in Bangkok and decided to head to the Oriental for a riverside dinner earlier this week before catching my flight.

I was surprised when I asked for the wifi password and was told it was only valid for 30 minutes. Some staff remember me there so I was always given a new one.

I've only used the wifi there as a staying guest. Is this some obnoxious initiative to keep riff raff out, or could it be related to the passing of the King somehow as was suggested to me ...
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Braniff
I had a quick stop in Bangkok and decided to head to the Oriental for a riverside dinner earlier this week before catching my flight.

I was surprised when I asked for the wifi password and was told it was only valid for 30 minutes. Some staff remember me there so I was always given a new one.

I've only used the wifi there as a staying guest. Is this some obnoxious initiative to keep riff raff out, or could it be related to the passing of the King somehow as was suggested to me ...
Don't think this is related to the passing of His Majesty. MO Barcelona has the same policy. It's enough for day guests to quickly access the internet.

Glad you were well looked after and staff brought you new codes. Seems like all went well.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by Braniff

Pretty common now for non guests.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.