DEFINITELY fed up with "luxury" hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEFINITELY fed up with "luxury" hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
The Paris hotel referred to here is 'branded' and with '2 Michelin stars' so it is not Le Bristol, Plaza Athénée or Four Seasons George V. It could be MO Paris...
Oh you are naughty

To add insult to the injury: the 1 night rate as quoted was pretty low for a top Paris property. Just saying

So if Paris, I put my chances on the Lancaster... The same hotel where I was not even welcome as a LHW guest. Although I did not doublecheck if they actually have rooms with terraces, do they?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
The Paris hotel referred to here is 'branded' and with '2 Michelin stars' so it is not Le Bristol, Plaza Athénée or Four Seasons George V. It could be MO Paris...
Originally Posted by Epicura
Oh you are naughty

To add insult to the injury: the 1 night rate as quoted was pretty low for a top Paris property. Just saying

So if Paris, I put my chances on the Lancaster... The same hotel where I was not even welcome as a LHW guest. Although I did not doublecheck if they actually have rooms with terraces, do they?
Please be so kind to respect my wish not to be more specific and stop the guessing game which lead already previously to the closure of this thread.

This thread is not about shaming, but about raising the question what is acceptable or not and if it makes sense to pay for a "luxury" hotel to endure things you can have for less.

Interestingly many of us seem to think that "such things happen" and that it is tolerable. Good for the "luxury" hotels .
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:54 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really do think all possible points of view have now not only expressed but re-expressed as well. So I am closing the thread again and this time it will stay closed.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.