Search

My first (and last) experience in four seasons property

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by aceboy44
Yes! All veg. dishes which lack alcohol are indeed Halal, but what would you do if you were not a veg.?

For the price I paid to stay in the property I did expect a Halal food..... I guess my expectations were a bit too high for this hotel, though somehow the RC HKG managed to meet my expectations
In this case you eat vegetarian. What would you do in a buddhist region? I guess you should only stay at the RC HK in the future. Was it your only RC so far?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by WorldLux
Well, bad luck. The simple answer is: You'll adapt and stick to food complying with your religious or ethical view point.

You wouldn't see me going to a Muslim country and ordering an authentic Wiener Schnitzel with a large beer.
Couldn´t say it better. Found it strange that Armani Dubai served pork.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Originally Posted by Kettering Northants QC
Is this the same person who a few years ago wanted compensation from the Peninsula Hong Kong (IIRC) because they sent a Rolls Royce to the airport without curtains?
Great recollection. That was one of my all time favorite complaints on this board!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus
Ok, I am new to these forums, but I am having a hard time understanding something.

Weak water pressure? halal food not available? they did not walk you through the hotel grounds? cleaning took too long?

these seem like very extreme examples of being spoilt to the core to me. you want to see hotel grounds? take a walk, it is probably not to big, and there is usually a sign in the elevator. halal food? i am also a muslim, did you make a request before you arrived at the hotel? also halal food is not like kosher, you can eat almost anything. but even if you have other religious considerations than I would have, you should probably request it, and they might even charge you for it.
i just asked one and only reethi rah in maldives that they make sure our pool villa not be seen from the beach and people walking by. they charge 2500 USD a night and asked for a surcharge to put a fence in front. now that is absolutely crazy, and FS would never do that.
I have been to a lot of four seasons, and have seen most of them to be sincere and caring with my requests. However, you as a guest should also try to take it easy once in a while and enjoy your vacation or business trip, rather than complain about everything.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:19 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by tcmb99
I have been to a lot of four seasons, and have seen most of them to be sincere and caring with my requests. However, you as a guest should also try to take it easy once in a while and enjoy your vacation or business trip, rather than complain about everything.
That's a remarkably good call IMHO.

Btw, welcome to FT tcmb99.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by uggboy
That's a remarkably good call IMHO.

Btw, welcome to FT tcmb99.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
+ 1, well said
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Kettering Northants QC
Is this the same person who a few years ago wanted compensation from the Peninsula Hong Kong (IIRC) because they sent a Rolls Royce to the airport without curtains?
His negative review of the Peninsula was so ridiculous I almost thought it was a joke post. Funniest was when he proclaimed that paying a "ridiculous" rate like $500 per night (seriously? ) entitled him to VIP status (like wanting compensation for not getting a curtained Rolls Royce).

Originally Posted by aceboy44
When I pay approximately $500 USD per night, I expect to get what I paid for, so I would definitely look for faults when hotels are charging such ridiculous prices, but fail to meet up to the guest's expectations.

Despite all of this all I got was a "Sorry sir, we will let our manager know!" Well, for $500 USD per night, an apology for a failed promised service would definitely not satisfy me (I'm pretty confident many of you would feel the same way if you were in my shoes.)
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:37 pm
Original Member

Don't feed the troll.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Aceboy, have you considered a career in writing? There are some available positions here:

http://www.theonion.com/careers/
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Five Star Traveller
His negative review of the Peninsula was so ridiculous I almost thought it was a joke post.
I liked the "I had to get me myself another apple" part .

Either a really talented troll (kudos to him then) or should really lower his expectations for what you get for 500USD a night and carry hand lotion (for those having read the other negative reviews).
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:24 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

As the OP has voiced his complaints in this Forum as well as Trip Advisor, I am now locking this Forum.
Obscure2k
Luxury Hotels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.