Trump Washington DC soft opening

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Trump Washington DC soft opening

I got an email from Trump hotels and like it or not, Donald Trump is moving in to Pennsylvania avenue in D.C.

https://www.trumphotels.com/washington-dc/

We're proud to announce the soft opening of Trump International Hotel Washington, D.C.

In honor of this, we would like to offer you a complimentary one-category upgrade through executive junior suites*.

Experience Forbes Travel Guide "Most Anticipated Hotel Openings of 2016" and book today.

Politics aside, it looks like it will be a great hotel with an excellent location.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:14 am
Aman Contributor Badge

No matter what - a place where I will never stay. Enough said.
mkm4 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
You're not alone. But those who choose to stay there might be!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

few trump hotels are owned by trump, DC is

Originally Posted by stimpy
Politics aside, it looks like it will be a great hotel with an excellent location.
This looks like a beautiful and historic American hotel and I look forward to trying it out someday.
Originally Posted by offerendum
On one hand beautiful building, on the other hand very special style. Would be interesting how many people would choose it as it belongs to MO, FS or another brand and is owned by some "normal" investor.
228 rooms and 35 suites

DC doesnt have huge luxury hotel supply, and clearly theres lots of business and leisure in DC
most luxury in georgetown/west end and MO's area, only hay adams and jefferson 'historical'

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 30, 2016 at 12:48 pm
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Musken
+1
mkm4 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:13 pm

Echo all the other posters. Regardless of Trump-owned or not, his brand is toxic to me.
mkm4 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Five Star Traveller
Echo all the other posters. Regardless of Trump-owned or not, his brand is toxic to me.
Agree. But beside this Iīm not really sure how I like it. On one hand beautiful building, on the other hand very special style. Would be interesting how many people would choose it as it belongs to MO, FS or another brand and is owned by some "normal" investor.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yeah I don't give a darn about pointless populist politics. I like to stay in nice hotels. And I don't need to try and prove to other people that I'm a hero because I stand against one candidate or another. Some people are far too caught up in this nonsense. This looks like a beautiful and historic American hotel and I look forward to trying it out someday. It doesn't matter whose name is on the door.
soliloquy likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

historic American hotel
Itīs not a historic American hotel. Itīs an old post office.
Beltway2A likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Musken
^

I will stick with Hay-Adams and Four Seasons.

Completely apart from his absurd presidential run, I have never liked any of his hotels at all. They are proof that he has no taste whatsoever.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Itīs not a historic American hotel. Itīs an old post office.
You are right. An historic old American building.

And I've only tried one other Trump, in Doral, and thought it was excellent. Surprisingly good. However I don't know what the other properties are like.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Yeah I don't give a darn about pointless populist politics. I like to stay in nice hotels. And I don't need to try and prove to other people that I'm a hero because I stand against one candidate or another. Some people are far too caught up in this nonsense. This looks like a beautiful and historic American hotel and I look forward to trying it out someday. It doesn't matter whose name is on the door.
There really is nothing historic about the hotel itself. The building itself is historical as the Old Post Office building, but it's been a not-so-special retail center of sorts for far longer than it has been a hotel. It will be many years before the building will end up being a hotel for longer than it's been a place to do some not-so-special shopping.

I would mostly go there for the views of the city, but that was when it was a shopping center more than anything else.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

And I've only tried one other Trump, in Doral, and thought it was excellent. Surprisingly good. However I don't know what the other properties are like.
Trump NYC Int for example has some fans at this forum even if I would never stay because of the bathrooms.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:44 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's really easy to veer into politics on this one, even I am tempted. I view a simple statement saying, "I won't stay here" as OK and so far I judge the responses as just about hitting the line but not yet obviously over it. If everyone can avoid taking the next step, we mods won't have to step in.

RichardInSF, moderator luxury hotels
Old Oct 1, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Trump NYC Int for example has some fans at this forum even if I would never stay because of the bathrooms.
one of few actually consistent here for new york (along with lowell and now mark)

it is odd NY developer (not trump) did not do better bathrooms even in 2BRs, but i guess they were focused on the tower residences (not in hotel inventory) - i wonder if any units on hotel floors were redone by unit owner, and rented privately.

chicago also opened (jan 2008) with great hard product, the best corner suites fairly dramatic

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 1, 2016 at 5:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.