Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Ski in/out hotels with club lounges

Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:00 am
Original Poster

I am thinking about taking my family on a ski vacation. I will go with my 4 young children and my wife. I wanted the convenience of a ski in/out property with a club lounge. The only ones that I can come up with by searching are Ritz Lake Tahoe and Ritz Bachelor Gulch. We are leaning toward the Ritz Lake Tahoe, because we think it would be less crowded during our spring break in the middle of March. It is also less expensive during that time. Our fellow Texans will flood Colorado in the middle of March. There is also the Fairmont Whistler, but it is in Canada. It seems like the Four Seasons, St. Regis, Montage, etc.. don't offer club lounges at their locations? Any other hotels that are ski in/out with club lounges? Thanks.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:08 am

Is club level a must? When I think of ski in/out I think of a condo or home ON the slopes and you ski right out onto the trails. So if you are at a resort with club level you're still going to have to ski down to the main lodge area. Doesn't seem it would be a needed item.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
The RC Bachelor Gulch is a nice hotel. Beaver Creek never gets crazy crowded and the skiing should be better than Tahoe. There is a lift right out the back door, so it is definitely ski in/ski out.

I never see the need for a club lounge myself, but I think it may have one.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DetailsIM
Is club level a must? When I think of ski in/out I think of a condo or home ON the slopes and you ski right out onto the trails. So if you are at a resort with club level you're still going to have to ski down to the main lodge area. Doesn't seem it would be a needed item.

The club level is something I would like. I would like the convenience of food, drink, snack, etc.. offered throughout the day. It seems that the Four Seasons, St. Regis, Montage, Viceroy, etc.. don't offer them with their ski in/out hotels?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i think no other luxury hotels. IIRC bachelor gulch has positive comments here.

in europe there are some ski properties with inclusive rates, some of which only book individual rooms at last minute, as well as catered/staffed chalets. these can actually cost less than RC... [with rates that include everything]

unique in north america (could ask about packages) >
arrabelle.rockresorts.com/residences/game-creek-chalet.asp

could also ask management about prepaid packages at regular luxury properties

three forks ranch and twin farms have a little bit of downhill skiing onsite
but twin farms only accepts children during family weeks, not sure when

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 27, 2016 at 9:41 am
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
i think no other luxury hotels. IIRC bachelor gulch has positive comments here.

in europe there are some ski properties with inclusive rates, some of which only book individual rooms at last minute, as well as catered/staffed chalets. these can actually cost less than RC...

unique in north america (could ask about packages) >
arrabelle.rockresorts.com/residences/game-creek-chalet.asp

could also ask management about prepaid packages at regular luxury properties

three forks ranch and twin farms have a little bit of downhill skiing on property
but twin farms only accepts children during family weeks, i think usually summer

You guys are fast. Thanks, I will check those out.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
I am certain that the Montage Deer Valley and the FS Jackson Hole do not have lounges. I have also stayed at both of those. They are actually both a little better than the RC Bachelor Gulch, but you can't go wrong at any of them.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

twin farms has had family weeks outside of summer in past

in canada there is upscale/lux heli-skiing with inclusive rates

re negotiating package, some hotels (elsewhere) do not have club lounge but offer rates/packages that include things like open bar in hotel's public dining outlets during certain hours, tea & snacks, cocktails & canapes, breakfast, minibar, etc.

FS denver once had a package that included unlimited dining (not alcohol) and spa treatments

FS jackson hole has done some 'big' packages, dont recall what F&B was included with activities

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 27, 2016 at 9:52 am
Old Sep 27, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Don't discount Canada with this favorable exchange rate.. It isn't that much of a hassle. Plus Whistler had an incredible snow year last year, and they are predicting another one.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by MrQster
ski in/out property with a club lounge.
This is a tall requirement. Can you live without the 'club lounge'? And you need to check the time of spring break. The colleges on the quarter system are off the last week of March'17. You could run into a crowd ...
Old Sep 27, 2016, 3:07 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Twin Farms has a family week in winter. But the skiing is probably not what you are looking for. No snow making, just a few runs, and only a little bit of grooming. It's fun when you are there for other purposes, but the skiing....especially after last season.....is a bit iffy.

If you are interested in New England, your best bet is Stowe Mountain Lodge. No club floors, though.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
When we stayed at Lake Tahoe the club lounge was closed. So you must check your dates. Same at Bachlor Gulch.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Don't discount Canada with this favorable exchange rate.. It isn't that much of a hassle. Plus Whistler had an incredible snow year last year, and they are predicting another one.
I have never been to Canada, but when we go to Mexico and back, I dread customs. It seems to take forever.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
This is a tall requirement. Can you live without the 'club lounge'? And you need to check the time of spring break. The colleges on the quarter system are off the last week of March'17. You could run into a crowd ...
The ski/out is needed. The club lounge is just nice to have for the ease with 4 small kids. There is just not a lot available it seems?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by offerendum
When we stayed at Lake Tahoe the club lounge was closed. So you must check your dates. Same at Bachlor Gulch.
They said it is open when we will go. I think it closes in the late spring, temporarily.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.