Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sri Pawna or Phulay Bay?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Sri Pawna or Phulay Bay?

I'm debating between these two. I'm not a fan of six senses, so no go for Yao Noi. Also Amanpuri is a bit too pricey for the private pool room I desire.

So, Sri pawna and Phulay bay are both the same price. Phulay bay agreed to give an upgrade to a reserve pool villa. Sri pawna would book the luxury 1br room.

Leaning towards Sri pawna as the rooms look nicer and the resort seems more posh.

This stay will take place after the Maldives.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Also Banyan tree lang co is a other option
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: No program whatsoever
Have you considered FS Koh Samui?
It remains my favourite island resort in Thailand.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 0bsidian
Have you considered FS Koh Samui?
It remains my favourite island resort in Thailand.
Been there!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Although that was at .... six senses.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Okay so down to Sri Pawna, Banyan Tree Lang Co, Four Seasons Koh Samui (been to KS though).

can land in HKT at 2:00 pm vs 5:00 pm in Banyan Tree, which seems like a good idea. Only 3 nights too.

** also the last big trip was at SS Koh Samui, awful place, so hoping for something with good service, pool, private. Were both traveling so much that we really need the best trip possible!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:40 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
When are you going? What things are most important to you. I would add Trisara (good rates in low season) to your list but it really depends on what you want? I'm not a huge fan of Phulay Bay except taking a boat from there out to the islands is nice and very easy.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 5khours
When are you going? What things are most important to you. I would add Trisara (good rates in low season) to your list but it really depends on what you want? I'm not a huge fan of Phulay Bay except taking a boat from there out to the islands is nice and very easy.
October 10-13

Private pool, good service, privacy.

Right now, considering 4S koh samui (been there), Sri Pawna, Banyan Tree Lang Co, maybe trisara?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by surftb15
October 10-13

Private pool, good service, privacy.

Right now, considering 4S koh samui (been there), Sri Pawna, Banyan Tree Lang Co, maybe trisara?
I would probably recommend Trisara based on what you're looking for. I've stayed at all the resorts except Banyan Tree quite frequently. Have been to Puri, Trisara, and SP within the last two months.

4S you know. Good service, but the rooms and pool are quite small and not all that private.

Sri Panwa. I've only stayed at the larger villas. The 1BR villas don't seem to be quite as private. Food and service are not nearly as good as Trisara. More of a hip vibe. Lot of young Asian couples taking selfies. If you go to SP, you might check the rates on 2BR residence villas.... they are a LOT nicer than the 1BRs.

Trisara - Only slightly more expensive then SP 1BR Villa. Nice rooms, nice pool. Nice view. Spa and gym are currently being renovated so the facilities are temporarily located in one of the private villas. Spa service is vastly superior to SP. More refined and slightly less young clientele.

I usually go to Trisara or Puri when I just want to chill. SP when I'm feeling more social.

All of the resorts are really nice.

Oh one other thing... Trisara is 15 minutes from the airport. SP is an hour. For me that's sometimes a deciding factor.

Last edited by 5khours; Aug 25, 2016 at 9:23 pm
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Okay. So four seasons is out then. I've already been to the island. Trisara seems good. What room do you recommend for privacy? It seems there's 3 categories of 1br room.

The advantage to phucket is I get in earlier too, compared to Banyan tree.. 2 vs 5 pm.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:50 am

Okay. So four seasons is out then. I've already been to the island. Trisara seems good. What room do you recommend for privacy? It seems there's 3 categories of 1br room.

The advantage to phucket is I get in earlier too, compared to Banyan tree.. 2 vs 5 pm.
At Trisara, both Ocean front and Ocean view Pool Villas are incredibly private. I have stayed in both and would find it hard to say that one is more private than the other.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
At Trisara, both Ocean front and Ocean view Pool Villas are incredibly private. I have stayed in both and would find it hard to say that one is more private than the other.
And how would you rate your stay?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:06 am

And how would you rate your stay?
My stays (plural)! I have been returning to Trisara ever since it opened, so I guess that says it all. Great service and food, very comfortable and private Villas and a beautiful, relaxed setting, in acres of lush, tropical grounds. You feel miles from anywhere. Also, the beach is very private as no outside watersports enthusiasts can get near, due to the rocky reef.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
My stays (plural)! I have been returning to Trisara ever since it opened, so I guess that says it all. Great service and food, very comfortable and private Villas and a beautiful, relaxed setting, in acres of lush, tropical grounds. You feel miles from anywhere. Also, the beach is very private as no outside watersports enthusiasts can get near, due to the rocky reef.
Sounds great. I'm looking into booking.. They have one free night offer so would go for partial view villa and hope for an upgrade. It looks like a great place.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
Just to point out that oct 10th is still very much shoulder season on krabi and will most likely be wet on Koh Samui. Ive had an entire week of rain on Krabi a few weeks later two years ago (so much so we gave in and went back to BKK)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.