Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best 6-Bedroom Villas in Phuket

Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

I'm looking for a 6-bedroom villa in Phuket. It doesn't have to be part of a hotel, but does need to be beachfront to or a short walk to a nice beach. Any recommendations? Amanpuri and Trisara appear to be leading contenders. I've stayed at the Amanpuri once, but in a pavilion. The Trisara villas seem nice, but the beach appears to be very small. I've seen a few nice villas in Cape Yamu by the Como Point Yamu, but I've heard the beaches there arent nice. Thanks in advance for any tips.

Also, we'd consider a 5-bedroom or larger place too.

Last edited by Roka; Jul 30, 2016 at 4:39 pm Reason: update
Old Jul 30, 2016, 5:18 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
The villas at Amanpuri are really quite bespoke .
Rather different from the pavilions but with a similar " finish " . The owners generally choose their own soft furnishings , artwork , modified furniture & such .

The newest phase villas may look " fortress like " from the outside unlike the others which are similar to the pavilions , laid out like multiple pavilions . Open air in between . However , this is a case of not judging the book by its cover . The interiors are quite something , each with an elevator / lift & some with numerous AV , spa and / or other rooms too . Also some have multiple dining rooms .. Along with amazing infinity pools .

Easy ride to the lovely beach .

Which months are you planning on ?

Don't recall Point Yamu having so many bedrooms , no onsite beach anyway . More mangrove & mud .
Boat to private beach / island .

This is the luxury hotel forum so can ' t comment on non hotel villas .

Last edited by FlyerEC; Jul 31, 2016 at 8:28 am Reason: iPad typos , etc
Old Jul 30, 2016, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Rather different from the pavilions but with a similar " finish " . The owners generally choose they own soft furnishings , artwork , modified furniture & such .

The newest phase villas may look " fortress like " from the outside unlike the others which are similar to the pavilions , laid out like multiple pavilions . Open air in between . However , this is a case of not judging the book by its cover . The interiors are quite something with own elevator / lift & some with numerous AV , spa and / or other rooms too . Some have multiple dining rooms . Amazing infinity pools .

Thanks very much for the insight. We are focused on March.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 5:26 pm

While I believe Trisara is the better resort overall these days, the villas at Amanpuri have the edge I think. Basically a resort unto itself. Nothing quite like it!
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:19 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by scented
While I believe Trisara is the better resort overall these days, the villas at Amanpuri have the edge I think. Basically a resort unto itself. Nothing quite like it!
Don't think the villas at Trisara compare. The resort, yes - the villas, no.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:26 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Rather different from the pavilions but with a similar " finish " . The owners generally choose they own soft furnishings , artwork , modified furniture & such .

The newest phase villas may look " fortress like " from the outside unlike the others which are similar to the pavilions , laid out like multiple pavilions . Open air in between . However , this is a case of not judging the book by its cover . The interiors are quite something with own elevator / lift & some with numerous AV , spa and / or other rooms too . Some have multiple dining rooms . Amazing infinity pools .

Don't recall Point Yamu having so many bedrooms , no onsite beach anyway . More mangrove & mud .
Boat to private beach / island .

This is the luxury hotel forum so can ' t comment on non hotel villas .

Surely I'm not the only one who prefers the old villas to the new ones? I don't think the infinity pools at the new villas is quite as well presented as it could have been - the whole pool area almost seems to be an afterthought; whereas at the old villas it's the central focus point.

@OP - a quick comparison:

WALKTHROUGH: Review of Amanpuri, Phuket, Thailand - Pavilion + Villas - YouTube

Now I'm wishing I made these videos more detailed, longer, with commentary etc...

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jul 31, 2016 at 8:50 am Reason: Consecutive posts by same poster
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by chinmoylad

Now I'm wishing I made these videos more detailed, longer, with commentary etc...
Surely I'm not the only one who prefers the old villas to the new ones? I don't think the infinity pools at the new villas is quite as well presented as it could have been - the whole pool area almost seems to be an afterthought; whereas at the old villas it's the central focus point.
Not the only one !

But if one is staying the wetter months , the new villas may work better as only in one " block " . Or if one is somewhat handicapped and / or rather senior .

The old villas have more charm , character , aesthetically pleasant Thai & sense of place . While for the new villas , one has almost to be inside to know one is at Puri or on a Thai island .
Stepping out of one ' s car or buggy , you can gather though that your villa is special just by looking at the " entry " area .
Been in about all & stayed in too . Some have ' better ' pools than others - shape , size , views , access , etcetera .
Villas definitely way better than Trisara ' s . Trisara beach is rather corally , pebbly too . Speaking from experience when I forgot to wear my swimming , scavenging ' booties ' .

Longer & perhaps separate videos of more villas will be helpful . Next visit

Last edited by FlyerEC; Jul 30, 2016 at 11:58 pm
Old Jul 31, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

just phuket, or considering other places?

also >
- sri panwa
- best yamu villas not in hotel inventory, but rental should have access to hotel?
- could ask six senses yao noi management re booking hilltop reserve overnight

for puri, seems >
#2 rafael
#7 zecha
#15 tuttle
(but those are not 6BR?)

curious which villa this is at puri >
Attached Images  

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 31, 2016 at 8:47 am
Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Roka
Thanks very much for the insight. We are focused on March.
Earlier villas will be fine in March . Do not think 6 " bedrooms " though but if you need the space let the villa manager know when you reserve . Each villa is laid out differently , also to do with the terrain .

The new villas were built differently from the earlier phases as the land there is really steep .
Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks. This was helpful. Do you recall the villa number of the modern villa you took a video of?

I've seen some very nice villas, such as Villa Sawarin, but am concerned that the beach right out from is not very nice. Hotel access is nice, but don't want to deal with the drive. I see some have access to Como Beach Club, but that's 40 minutes away by ferry.

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
just phuket, or considering other places?

also sri panwa

best yamu villas not in hotel inventory, but rental should have access to hotel?

could ask six senses yao noi management re booking hilltop reserve overnight

for puri, seems >
#2 rafael
#7 zecha
#15 tuttle
(but those are not 6BR?)

curious which villa this is at puri >

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jul 31, 2016 at 8:50 am Reason: Conwecutive posts by same poster
Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Roka
I've seen some very nice villas, such as Villa Sawarin, but am concerned that the beach right out from is not very nice. Hotel access is nice, but don't want to deal with the drive.
it's not a drive. this beach, but like you said not sure re quality
https://www.google.com/maps/place/CO...96!4d98.421129
(but re quality, isnt amanpuri the only quality beach?)

villasawarin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/VillaSawarinPan-2-copy.jpg
shows end of beach

villa verai website shows some pictures of beach (i think same beach?)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 1, 2016 at 10:12 am
Old Jul 31, 2016, 10:21 am

Although 30 minutes north of Phuket, Iniala was building 5 and 6 bedroom villas when I was there in December '15. I'm not sure when they are due to be completed though.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 5:29 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
I'm not sure I say it is the best as it is only a year and a bit old, but Anantara Phuket has 15 multi-bedroom residences, including a 6 and 7 bedroom. GM is EX-Amanpuri GM who was at Amanpuri for 21 years and the design was Bill Bensley

http://phuket-layan.anantara.com/residences.aspx

Last edited by ABG; Aug 1, 2016 at 11:03 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 31, 2016, 10:42 pm

Deleted

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Feb 8, 2018 at 3:51 pm
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so Fred V moved to that Anantara, interesting

iniala is 10BR total, until new 5/6BR are done

rosewood (may be open?) - comments on location?
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tr...28!4d98.278091
https://www.bing.com/mapspreview?&ty...=1&form=S00027
http://www.hospitalitydesign.com/new...ila-7290.shtml
87 villas...20 two-to-nine-bedroom tropical mansion residences are set on sites that average half an acre, while the six two-to-three-bedroom forest hideaway homes are positioned on a steep slope with panoramic views of Emerald Bay, with a private gym, large lap pool, and lounge.

...meeting venue called the Pavilion can host up to 300.
"six two-to-three-bedroom" = 13BR > 17BR total

trisara residences do vary, don't they? they book by villa # and show all online

YTL's (surin phuket) Villa Tassana (under Muse hotels?) is adjacent to trisara
has published having access to Trisara gym, tennis, spa (beach/pool unclear?)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 1, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.