Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Santorini: consolidated thread (combined 1/17)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Santorini: consolidated thread (combined 1/17)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 8:13 am

Any further thoughts on this?

Last edited by Piloteg; Jul 10, 2016 at 8:19 pm
Old Jul 10, 2016, 8:15 pm

Thoughts on what is the current best property in Santorini?

Seems like it's so hard to figure out exactly which option is really best.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:48 am

We just visited Santorini in May. We ended up staying at San Antonio, which we greatly enjoyed as it is private, and not like the places in Oia or Fira which are all stacked one on top of the other.

That being said, we FAR more enjoyed our time in the Peloponnese, at Amanzoe.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:51 am

We just visited Santorini in May. We ended up staying at San Antonio, which we greatly enjoyed as it is private, and not like the places in Oia or Fira which are all stacked one on top of the other.

That being said, we FAR more enjoyed our time in the Peloponnese, at Amanzoe.

I stumbled onto a website very helpful for Santorini ... SantoriniDave. Should be helpful in narrowing down the options.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:23 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat
Based on older posts it seems that Katikies in Oia is the preferred hotel on Santorini. Does anyone have any thoughts on the Grace or Canaves Hotel or Suites? We are currently planning a trip for the first week of May 2017. Our plan at this point is to split a week with four nights in Santorini and four nights at Amanzoe. Also has anyone ever done a helicopter transfer from Santorini to Amanzoe?? If so any idea of the company used or pricing? Thanks
Old Oct 18, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by chelsea2
Based on older posts it seems that Katikies in Oia is the preferred hotel on Santorini. Does anyone have any thoughts on the Grace or Canaves Hotel or Suites? We are currently planning a trip for the first week of May 2017. Our plan at this point is to split a week with four nights in Santorini and four nights at Amanzoe. Also has anyone ever done a helicopter transfer from Santorini to Amanzoe?? If so any idea of the company used or pricing? Thanks
Although I can't help you with Grace or Canaves, I can tell you our stay at Katikies was perfect relaxation and we'd return in a heartbeat.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 10:35 am

Katikies is still the best on Santorini. Grace is not in the same league. There are so many new 'design' hotels on the island now and most have very little to do with good service and food and appear to exist purely so that guests can take selfies.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 5:12 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat
Thanks to stumblefoot and vuittonsofstyle for your responses, much appreciated. We have booked into Katikies.

Any thoughts or experience on the possibility of doing a helicopter transfer to Amanzoe?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Thanks to stumblefoot and vuittonsofstyle for your responses, much appreciated. We have booked into Katikies.

Any thoughts or experience on the possibility of doing a helicopter transfer to Amanzoe?
should be possible but never saw a report about it
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Katikies is still the best on Santorini. Grace is not in the same league. There are so many new 'design' hotels on the island now and most have very little to do with good service and food and appear to exist purely so that guests can take selfies.
We stayed in Katikies last July and it was amazing, no fault in the service, greeting from the GM directly, very tasty food in Seltz as well as in Mikrasia. We enjoyed the property a lot and the design in Katikies suite (#10) was very tasty. It has a loft with a very spacious bathroom, a big terrace and private jacuzzi and is very close to the main pool and Seltz, just some stairs down. I would recommend without hesitation. Enjoy!
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:14 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
+1 A visit to Amanzoe should be considered as well.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 11:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
+1 A visit to Amanzoe should be considered as well.
I don't think Amanzoe is in Santorini
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Obvious. Comment referred to the question about the heli-transfer.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:26 am

Programs: QFF SG, Kris Flyer Silver
Stayed in Canaves Oia Suites which is right next door to Katikies - and found it superb.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:43 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Haha, yes, it is not. I apologize for not being clear.

I simply meant that one should consider visiting Amanzoe once they're in the area. A heli transfer to/from Santorini is sufficient.

I'm currently booked for Amanzoe in April and am looking to head to Santorini afterwards for a few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.