Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ubud decision

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 12:20 pm

I agree - you need at least 3 nights in Ubud.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Alaska MVP 50, Marriott 100 night, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
I agree - you need at least 3 nights in Ubud.
The complication here is that the StR is offering 5th night free on points (in a pool suite), and the FS, Manapa, and Dari are not offering a 3rd night free during these dates. So staying a third night would result in switching from a free night to an ~$800-$1,000 night room.
I don't think I can justify the difference.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by SeeingtheWorldfromIndy
The complication here is that the StR is offering 5th night free on points (in a pool suite), and the FS, Manapa, and Dari are not offering a 3rd night free during these dates. So staying a third night would result in switching from a free night to an ~$800-$1,000 night room.
I don't think I can justify the difference.
Check with the FS directly if they can offer you that promo for those dates. They do offer a third night free but it seems to be for 2017 bookings.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Alaska MVP 50, Marriott 100 night, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Thanks everyone for the advice and input. We changed the plans and are doing 2 days at Dari and 3 days at Amanjiwo. We will start off with a couple of beach days at StR Bali and then move to the Amans.

I have a feeling we are going to be hooked on Amans.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:46 pm

We love the St Regis Bali and did 5 nights there for our honeymoon. Last year went back to Bali and did 3 nights at Four Seasons Sayan. Amazing hotel. We wrapped up at Grand Hyatt Bali. Grand Hyatt was a mistake after Ubud. But would go back to 4 Seasons any day.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 2:24 pm

We stayed at Mandapa in March. Thought it was just wonderful.

FWIW, I agree that 2 nights in Ubud is not enough. The first time we were in Bali we only spent 2 nights in Ubud. The next time we traveled several hours out of our way (we were going to North Sulawesi) so that we could spend more time there. Our last trip we spent a week in Ubud followed by 3 nights at Amankila.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: No program whatsoever
Originally Posted by rschrager
We stayed at Mandapa in March. Thought it was just wonderful.

FWIW, I agree that 2 nights in Ubud is not enough. The first time we were in Bali we only spent 2 nights in Ubud. The next time we traveled several hours out of our way (we were going to North Sulawesi) so that we could spend more time there. Our last trip we spent a week in Ubud followed by 3 nights at Amankila.

How was service at Mandapa? I know RC Reserves usually nail it (differently from RCs...), but heard back things about Mandapa service-wise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.