Trip report: Cap Rocat Mallorca

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Trip report: Cap Rocat Mallorca

As many people asked me for a review of Cap Rocat, here one in a separate thread.

Judging from pictures it´s something really special. I booked it via Der Tour (a German tour operator) as the price for a Cap Rocat Suite per night was 440,00 € inclusive tax at Der Tour and around 560,00 € directly via their website.
When I arrived at the gate the guard wasn´t able to find my reservation. Bingo, that´s a great start. After 5 minutes of searching and a call at reception I was allowed to drive to reception.
The way to the main building is really impressive. It´s a long way with high walls at the side. At night it´s even more impressive, when they illuminate it with torches.

The main entrance is a gate with towers and a little bridge. Really impressive.

I was greated by a very nice guy who took my papers and showed me a table at the courtyard, which is also the bar. I got some tea as welcome-drink.

After it I was greated by the guest-relation manager. I think I was the only single-traveler at the property, children are not allowed. It´s not only a question of focus, the hotel is simply not „child-safe“. After check-in was finished I was shown the property with a golf cart. It has over 2 kilometers of coast line. As many will know it´s a fort from the 19th century and was in military use until the 1990s. It´s located in a marine and nature reserve.
The ways and public spaces are all very impressive in my eyes. I think you love this hotel or hate it, it won´t be much in the middel. Here are some impressions from the property:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/GLewE3]

Nature walk:

My Cap Rocat suite was in the 20th row (number 24). The way to the suite:

It had 3 terraces, one with a dining table, one with 2 sun-chairs (the old shooting battery) and one on the roof with a sun-bed. From the roof you had a view to the ocean.

As the terraces are really nice I must say, that the 2 lower ones are not 100 % private. You are relative near to your neighbors. If privaty is really important for you, you should take suite del mar, a sentinel or El Cabo. But they come with double prices while the rooms doesn´t seem to be much bigger, but you get private pools.
The living room was good sized with a sofa and a four poster bed. I wasn´t too happy with the sofa, as it was a roll-away. First it doesn´t look to pretty with wheels under it, it was also always moving when you sit down. Reminded me on Ikea.

The bathroom was big enough with a free standing tub (plastic, don´t sit on it), a shower, dressing area, 2 sinks and a seperated toilet + bidet.

On the first view it was clean but once I searched my contact lense on the floor. I had a lot of dirt on my hand, the tiles weren´t definitively not wet-cleaned for a while. Never less a nice thank you for my tip.

What I didn´t like was, that the curtain in front of the entrance door didn´t close completely. Not what I like, this problem was the same at all suites as far as I could see. I was able to „change“ the arrangement a little bit, so it closed more or less completely.....

The hotel is one of the few on the island which has a direct beach access. It´s some raised sand, to the water you have to climb over a slippery ladder. Ocean was around 16 degree, so not really nice for swimming.

I snorkeled a little bit in my wet-suit. Sight during my first „trip“ was mediocre, during my second trip it was better.
First trip:

Second trip:

The infinity pool is not heated, but I found the water quite warm (perhaps because I came from the ocean). It´s really a nice one and very special again.

I didn´t visit the gym or game room, sorry.
Breakfast is served via room-service, you can choose from a selection of items. I found it more than enough, on the second day I ordered much less than on the first.
First day breakfast:

Second day breakfast:

My dinner at La Fortaleza was a nice one. You could choose between one 5 course (80,00 €) and one 7 course (90,00 €) menu. As I told them I don´t eat meat they made me a special menu, so they changed the dishes from meat to fish. It all tasted good, was creative and was nicely presented. Service was attentive and friendly.

A kind of fondue:

]

Over all a nice dinner. Perhaps not Michelin-star level, but near the mark. Would eat here again every time.
I was really sorry to check out as I liked the hotel a lot. Service was great, the hotel unique. I really recommend it!

Last edited by offerendum; May 2, 2016 at 4:00 pm
Old May 2, 2016, 4:00 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Lovely photographs and the resort looks interesting. However, I do believe that this thread is more suitable for the FT Trip Reports Forum.
Please follow there.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
Luxury Hotels
Old May 2, 2016, 4:01 pm

Is this not a Luxury Hotel review?

Regardless, fantastic pics. Thank you for sharing.
Old May 2, 2016, 7:58 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Thanks for the trip report! I think we are going to skip it with our upcoming trip... we have no reason really to go to Mallorca and while the hotel looks beautiful it's just not quite swaying me to visit....

FDW
Old May 2, 2016, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
As this report is also included in this thread I will close this one.

Moomba
Moderator: Trip Reports

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.