Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanemu -- consoldiated thread (Shima area, Japan)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanemu -- consoldiated thread (Shima area, Japan)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
how are 24 suites and 4 villas are laid out?
(number of suites per building, villa location)
how 'far' aman is from rest of nemunosato?

if one does not care about number of rooms, nonguests, etc

chains can be overpriced in expensive markets (like japan)

nemu starting with flat rate except weekend, holiday, august
and aman tokyo is not fully dynamic rates, at least so far
I'm talking about Marriott, Hyatt etc.. Overpriced or not, definitely much easier on the wallet and with along with it, lowered expectations. As long as they do the basics right like a comfy bed, a good breakfast and good shower, good enough.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 5:33 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Considering... Perhaps.... Possibly a stay in October. Are there sufficient activities to captivate for 3-4 nights?

Fdw
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:01 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Considering... Perhaps.... Possibly a stay in October. Are there sufficient activities to captivate for 3-4 nights?

Fdw
I'm gonna bump this. Anyone else stay recently? Any feedback on activities?

Have they joined Virtuoso or FHR yet? No packages or anything included in the rate from what I can tell.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 4:23 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
No, it's not Virtuoso Yet...but your TA can certainly look into getting Virtuoso (similar) amenities for you. I've done this for clients before regarding properties that have yet to join/be accepted into Virtuoso or FHR.

Last edited by BESVISOR; Oct 13, 2016 at 8:50 am
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: MPC, AM
Amanemu in winter (Shima area, Japan)?

I'm considering a visit to Amanemu in mid February which would be in high winter. Has anyone visited during this season? Would one recommend it? I'm wondering if the resort is designed to be enjoyable during the winter and if the activities will be pleasant or not.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:42 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm going to move this to what is now the master thread on Amanemu.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chut
I'm considering a visit to Amanemu in mid February which would be in high winter. Has anyone visited during this season? Would one recommend it? I'm wondering if the resort is designed to be enjoyable during the winter and if the activities will be pleasant or not.
Would be interested to hear about this as well. I wrote the hotel directly to ask this about December, but never heard back
Old Dec 5, 2016, 2:08 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
Would be interested to hear about this as well. I wrote the hotel directly to ask this about December, but never heard back
Never heard back from them???

That's doesn't bode well from a service stand point...

FDW
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:08 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Never heard back from them???

That's doesn't bode well from a service stand point...

FDW
Well , who did you email ?
GM Hisayo S , replied promptly when another GM copied her in & then it was a long silence ! Then a friend stayed a couple months back who mentioned us & she replied ! She apologized profusely for missing our email & not replying earlier . IT glitch ?
We are hoping to visit late March .

Have met her before when she was at Nusa & is really very nice .

With non replies , the current Pulo GM & his wife , Hotel Manager ( HM ) must take the cake ..

Last edited by FlyerEC; Dec 5, 2016 at 4:28 pm
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Well , who did you email ?
I just filled-in the information on the "Contact us" page with my info and questions, as opposed to reaching out directly to a GM. I am not an Amanjunkie, but have 4 stays at Aman resorts, so in theory they have my email on file somewhere...
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:28 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
I just filled-in the information on the "Contact us" page with my info and questions, as opposed to reaching out directly to a GM. I am not an Amanjunkie, but have 4 stays at Aman resorts, so in theory they have my email on file somewhere...
Oh dear , no wonder .

New website is a pain .. Was disastrous before so likely worse now .

Please PM if you need help .

Got together with Hisayo few times when she was at Nusa , am relieved she is at Nemu .
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
No, it's not Virtuoso Yet...but your TA can certainly look into getting Virtuoso (similar) amenities for you. I've done this for clients before regarding properties that have yet to join/be accepted into Virtuoso or FHR.
Actually I asked my Virtuoso TA about applying similar amenities at Amanemu but we didn't get anything. Paid for breakfast everyday, ~140 USD per day for 2 if I remember correctly. No 100USD credit either.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:57 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by epitopeX
Actually I asked my Virtuoso TA about applying similar amenities at Amanemu but we didn't get anything. Paid for breakfast everyday, ~140 USD per day for 2 if I remember correctly. No 100USD credit either.
It is an FHR property, so at the very least you can get those amenities today if you have the right card.

Looks like it's also a member of Signature as well, which means you can still get "daily continental breakfast in the restaurant" via a Signature agent, card or no card.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LM225
It is an FHR property, so at the very least you can get those amenities today if you have the right card.

Looks like it's also a member of Signature as well, which means you can still get "daily continental breakfast in the restaurant" via a Signature agent, card or no card.
I visited during the opening week when none of those were available. I hope they are doing better now, especially on the service and F&B part. A friend of mine visited in Aug and told me that the food was as bad as I described about my March stay.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 4:15 am

Programs: some
Food was excellent last week (second stay in 3 months). Both breakfast and dinner were outstanding. Not sure what the F&B complaints are about. My experiences have been great...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.