Wiki Posts
Search

Venice & Garda

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Venice & Garda

I'm planning a trip to Venice & Lake Garda in late June/July and edging towards Ca Sagredo in Venice and Lido Palace in Riva del Garda.

Any thoughts on plus/minuses, service etc.

I'll have a car during the Garda section.

Many thanks
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:29 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
I really liked Ca Sagredo. It's in a quieter neighborhood away from the Piazza San Marco. Incredible main staircase with a 50' painted mural, you do get the feeling of staying in a palazzo.

Not your choice if you want a no-compromise 5* feel (in which case you should consider Aman or Cipriano). A little funky with older bathrooms, etc., but a reasonably priced authentic hotel with a good set of Virtuoso amenities.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
For Venice (some Sagredo discussion in each):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...-please-6.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...ice-italy.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...-venice-5.html
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by DavidO
I really liked Ca Sagredo. It's in a quieter neighborhood away from the Piazza San Marco. Incredible main staircase with a 50' painted mural, you do get the feeling of staying in a palazzo.

Not your choice if you want a no-compromise 5* feel (in which case you should consider Aman or Cipriano). A little funky with older bathrooms, etc., but a reasonably priced authentic hotel.
Totally agree with this. Easy walk to the PSM and lots of local restaurants nearby. We went in January 2015 and had a fabulous time. Here's my photo of the staircase -

Venice, Italy by UltraPanavision, on Flickr

and my photo of the grand salon -

Venice, Italy by UltraPanavision, on Flickr

The breakfast room is in the same style, though the bedrooms are plainer but very comfortable.

Last edited by Pausanias; Feb 6, 2016 at 11:40 pm
Old Feb 7, 2016, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
This rooms looks nice - Venice really has some pearls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.