Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bali Hotels - Bugs/Mosquitoes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Bali Hotels - Bugs/Mosquitoes

My last thread got closed, but anyway now finally considering either Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay or St Regis Bali. Both are international chains and on the beach. Issue is -

Several people have commented on bugs/mosquitoes at FS. I understand this is tropical climate so expect them etc, BUT is it not less likely with bugs on a big complex like St Regis and then multiple floors etc.

If anyone has some comments it would be great

Thank you
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:44 am

They're everywhere in Bali. All you can do is use repellent or some kind of coil. The best hotels out there won't be able to prevent every mosquito from entering your room.

I stayed at Samabe and used electric repellents and burning coils placed outside the room. I would still see a mosquito flying inside the room and bathroom time to time.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:48 am

As this is not hotel specific it should be moved to the Asia thread.

FYI - This is a big issue on Bali as many hotels have open living/bathroom areas. If the bathroom (and other rooms) are enclosed (i.e. have aircon) you won't have an issue.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
It's a troical Island. Mosquitoes are expected.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:19 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by BENLEE
It's a troical Island. Mosquitoes are expected.
I agree. Let us focus on Bali Luxury Hotels. If you wish to discuss mosquitos in Indonesia, please post in the proper forum.
Obscure2k
Luxury Hotels
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I'll report on how good or bad Mandapa RC Reserve was for everything.

Last edited by Aventine; Feb 5, 2016 at 1:40 am
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Exec, CITI Prestige, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold and all ever changing
Originally Posted by Aventine
I'll report on how good or bad Mandapa RC Reserve was for everything.
Please do this. We have heard so much and this would be some great feedback. IMO, the Royal Pita Maha currently has the best views (unobstructed and gorgeous), but I am hearing that Mandapa may have that taken care of with the addition of service/food equivalent of the Sayan and Aman.

On bugs etc, We were at the FS Jambaran in June/July and had NO issues. I agree with what has been said, this is more of a Bali issue than a hotel (and personally, blown out of proportion). Take precautions (all of these luxury hotels do the same) and you will be fine.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

re: bugs

They're here in Ubud but it's tropical. Killed a number of flies in the room. Fingers crossed but no mosquito bites so far even with nighttime dining and walks.

Mandapa does coils, room plugin mosquito killer and probably other natural pest defences here. Very happy here so far. Would just love a beach!

Last edited by Aventine; Feb 7, 2016 at 9:38 pm
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
re: bugs

They're here in Ubud but it's tropical. Killed a number of flies in the room. Fingers crossed but no mosquito bites so far even with nighttime dining and walks.

Mandapa does coils, room plugin mosquito killer and probably other natural pest defences here. Very happy here so far. Would just love a beach!
Mosquitos are just attracted to me, so when we stayed in Amandari we made it very clear that we wanted mosquito defences everywhere. They went completely nuts and made our room into some garrison that would have probably kept us safe from a nuclear fallout. All the same, I inevitably still got bitten and my arm ended up being very swollen. As I was on holiday I didn't care to do anything, but when the different staff keep coming by and start gasping at you, and you can see the look of terror in their eyes, you know it's time to call a doctor. One arrived within an hour.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
Mosquitos are just attracted to me, so when we stayed in Amandari we made it very clear that we wanted mosquito defences everywhere. They went completely nuts and made our room into some garrison that would have probably kept us safe from a nuclear fallout. All the same, I inevitably still got bitten and my arm ended up being very swollen. As I was on holiday I didn't care to do anything, but when the different staff keep coming by and start gasping at you, and you can see the look of terror in their eyes, you know it's time to call a doctor. One arrived within an hour.
Thai mosquitoes love me. Glad to be spared here in Indonesia for once! Sounds like you need Benadryl and DDT at your tropical resorts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.