Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is LHW done?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2016, 6:52 am

Yes I know that there has to be a match in room categorie, cancellation policy etc...
that's what I ment with "... everything matched and was according to the Terms&Conditions...."

The reason was
"Unfortunetly, we can not match the rates on TRIVAGO.COM, as this website is not one of our partner"
(Reply from hotel to LHW )

That's it... no further explanation. No comment or further action from LHW...
And it looks like LHW has no pull on the hotels that they actually provid the BPG

PS: I had succesfull matches by myself... so it is not that it's never working.
They just advertise it wrong!

"we guarantee that you will not find a better publicly-available rate anywhere else. If you do find one, we will match it.* "

Thats simply not correct. It has to be " if you find one, we will match it some times"
And again of course the claim has to be in line with the Terms. (In the terms it nowhere says that the site where you find the cheaper rate has to be "a partner" of the hotel)

Last edited by Trogger; Jan 26, 2016 at 6:57 am
Old Jan 26, 2016, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by r281
Hotels should always include clauses in their wholesale contracts that prohibit online distribution of net rates without proper mark-up, and be prepared to act on these clauses when a partner cannot commit to keeping unauthorized rates off such websites. Leading Hotels recognizes that in such cases, these rates are not truly available or authorized by the hotel. This is why we announced in 2015 that we will no longer hold these rates subject to our Best Rate Guarantee.
this is about "net rates" which do not have to be discussed in T&C
source is internal, can probably be found on internet

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 27, 2016 at 10:13 pm
Old Jan 26, 2016, 9:00 am

Thanks for the quote. Whats the source for that (beside r281 ) as I cannot find anything about this under the terms&conditions for the BPG

http://de.lhw.com/Book-With-Confidence

( It links to the german site, but all text is in english so I guess there wont be a difference ?)
Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:59 am

-- --

Last edited by QPRfan; Nov 6, 2018 at 8:36 am
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:14 pm

Programs: HH Gold SPG Gold Hyatt Diamond Marriott Gold
I was very pleased with the LHW upgrades and benefits (free breakfast, welcome gift) I received in 2015 and had no problem using a free night in Paris in November (at the Bristol-a fantastic hotel). My 2015 stays were in France, USA, Italy and England. Just paid $150 to renew for another year. Have reservations in Italy in March and was pleased to find great rates on LHW website. I'm a believer for now!
Old Feb 7, 2016, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
368 (346 +22 newest)

those who want to see which hotels left can use this >
https://web.archive.org/web/20151102...browse-by-list
369 (345 + 24 newest) http://www.lhw.com/find-a-hotel

edit >

367 (349 + 18 newest)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 20, 2016 at 11:12 pm
Old Apr 4, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
One of my CCs is offering the complimentary LHW membership for a year, so I'm tempted to try it.
As far as I understand, one can't combine FHR/Virtuoso rates with LHW benefits, is this correct ?
That would basically cut most of LHW hotels for me, since FHR/Virtuoso benefits are better then LHW ones..

The 1 free stay for 5 nights is half-interesting, but seeing the reports that one can't really use it anywhere where it makes sense..Guess I'll take the year for free, just in case But would never, ever pay for this.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Apr 4, 2016, 5:53 am

-- --

Old Apr 4, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dmulvee
You can use the free nights in most hotels - just not all hotels.

Paris and London are getting difficult to use, but I have previously used a free night at Le Bristol, and have an upcoming free night booked for Le Cafe Royal in London in July. Are Virtuoso benefits better than LHW? I thought they were fairly similar?
That's a good data point, but some people in the tread mentions that it's nearly impossible. Well, the only way to find out is to try

Virtuoso is much better imho - you have a 100$ credit or similar in addition to the very similar benefits of LHW. Most of my stays are one night, so free 100$/night are always pleasing in my book.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
That's a good data point, but some people in the tread mentions that it's nearly impossible. Well, the only way to find out is to try

Virtuoso is much better imho - you have a 100$ credit or similar in addition to the very similar benefits of LHW. Most of my stays are one night, so free 100$/night are always pleasing in my book.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
LHW is fine as a supplemental perks program at this point, and the access fee can pay for itself if you factor in the breakfast stuff, and the free night program - which still does work in many locations. But it remains the case that Amex FHR or Virtuoso (I know there are big boosters of Virtuoso on this forum, but I haven't used it) are probably better bets for incentives save the free stay aspect.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:10 am

-- --

Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I think it´s not very fair you get free nights by stays. Let´s say you stay 5 nights at hotel A in a suite (5x900 $), 1 night at hotel B (600 $) and 3 nights at hotel C (3x1000 $) you spend 8100 $ but don´t get anything. If someone stay 5 nights at 5 different hotels (relative cheap ones, perhaps not even 1000 $ in total) you will get one free night. Not really fair....
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:42 pm

-- --

Last edited by QPRfan; Nov 6, 2018 at 8:37 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.