Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Kuda Huraa - Worth It?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: No program whatsoever
Four Seasons Kuda Huraa - Worth It?

I received a very, very good value quote for a week half-board stay at the Four Seasons Kuda Huraa in the Maldives.

I have never visited the Maldives and am very excited about the trip. On similar price points, I have the following alternatives:

Conrad Rangali
Jumeirah Devanafushi

My only concern is that Kuda Huraa is very close to Male and am concerned that the view will be busy with oil tankers / the water won't be as beautiful as other more remote resorts / the reef will be porr (though, in truth, I think that as a first-timer I will be very easily impressed).

On the other hand, I am a Four Seasons fan and have read reports that Conrad and Jumeirah are really not on the same level service-wise. Also, the quote I've received for the FS is pretty unbeatable.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks!
Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:00 pm

The 4S is completely overcrowded! Don't waste the money.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:34 pm

Both FS are well regarded here. I do think they belong into the Top 5 in the Maldives, along with Cheval Blanc and O&O RR. If you love FS and fear being too close to Male, try FS Landaa. Many people combine both resorts, works very well. Yes, it's popular.
You cannot compare FS service with Jumeirah or h̶̶i̶̶l̶̶t̶̶o̶̶n̶ Conrad.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scented
Both FS are well regarded here. I do think they belong into the Top 5 in the Maldives, along with Cheval Blanc and O&O RR. If you love FS and fear being too close to Male, try FS Landaa. Many people combine both resorts, works very well. Yes, it's popular.
You cannot compare FS service with Jumeirah or h̶̶i̶̶l̶̶t̶̶o̶̶n̶ Conrad.
Thank you - This is exactly what I was hoping to hear.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:55 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Stayed at FS kh some years ago and enjoyed it a lot. Did not see oil tankers and water was very clear. Good snorkelling trips to nearby reefs.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 5:57 am

We (wife + 6yr old) went to FSKH in July just gone, and it was our first time to Maldives, and it was hands-down, for us, the best beach holiday ever (admittedly our only other comparison is Dubai, but we have stayed at other MO/FS level hotels before)

The service & food was *top notch*; we were also on HB, and you could have 3 courses from any of the restaurants, including the buffet nights. I think a few times they even comp'd our non-alcoholic beverages too.

There weren't that many kids when we went, but even if there were, I think the resort offers enough seclusion for it not to make a difference.

In terms of the surroundings, I don't recall seeing any oil tankers, or much else at all in terms of boats, but there is the Hura Island next door, as well as another Resort, but in all honesty, none of that 'spoiled' anything for us! I've heard the snorkelling isn't as amazing as some other places, but you can just snorkel straight off the beach, and that worked a treat for us rookies!

Would you mind sharing (via PM if you like) what price you're getting? I loved it so much, I've booked for my parents to go next year with my daughter, in July, and the best price we found was Ł7,050 for 7 nights, HB, with flights from LHR.

Last edited by JSG31; Nov 25, 2015 at 6:02 am Reason: more info
Old Nov 25, 2015, 7:43 am

Yes, please do share info re rate at FSKH if you don't mind

If you can get a good deal at FSKH, by all means just go for it. Don't even think about other options, it's a fantastic resort.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Musken
Stayed at FS kh some years ago and enjoyed it a lot. Did not see oil tankers and water was very clear. Good snorkelling trips to nearby reefs.
Originally Posted by JSG31
We (wife + 6yr old) went to FSKH in July just gone, and it was our first time to Maldives, and it was hands-down, for us, the best beach holiday ever (admittedly our only other comparison is Dubai, but we have stayed at other MO/FS level hotels before)

The service & food was *top notch*; we were also on HB, and you could have 3 courses from any of the restaurants, including the buffet nights. I think a few times they even comp'd our non-alcoholic beverages too.

There weren't that many kids when we went, but even if there were, I think the resort offers enough seclusion for it not to make a difference.

In terms of the surroundings, I don't recall seeing any oil tankers, or much else at all in terms of boats, but there is the Hura Island next door, as well as another Resort, but in all honesty, none of that 'spoiled' anything for us! I've heard the snorkelling isn't as amazing as some other places, but you can just snorkel straight off the beach, and that worked a treat for us rookies!

Would you mind sharing (via PM if you like) what price you're getting? I loved it so much, I've booked for my parents to go next year with my daughter, in July, and the best price we found was Ł7,050 for 7 nights, HB, with flights from LHR.
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Yes, please do share info re rate at FSKH if you don't mind

If you can get a good deal at FSKH, by all means just go for it. Don't even think about other options, it's a fantastic resort.
Thank you all for the very useful comments.

The quote I received is a total of 6,200 pounds for 7 nights, two people sharing a room, half board, in high season (January, but excluding flights and transfers). @JSG31: I would imagine a quote for July would be substantially cheaper - feel free to PM me and I will provide the name of the TA!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: Qantas Chairman's Club, Virgin Australia The Club, AA Executive Platinum, SPG Gold
We did a mixture of FSKH and Laanda in January this year and whilst both were lovely properties Laanda is, in my opinion, a few notches above Kuda both is terms of service, rooms, restaurants, ambience, water quality and off shore snorkelling. if you can get the same rate at Laanda I would go for that option. That's not to say that KH is not without its charms but Laanda is in another league.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: millemiglia - milesmore- spg - goldpassport - priority club- the leader club - others
I have been slightly disappointed by FSKH, main reasons being:

- extreme concentration of villas in a small island
- proximity to Male hence no remote feeling
- food was a hit and miss
- no reef
- high/low tide on one island side creating really trouble in accessing the sea
- bustle on the other side facing the "corridor"between islands and Male
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The_Daddy
I have been slightly disappointed by FSKH, main reasons being:

- extreme concentration of villas in a small island
- proximity to Male hence no remote feeling
- food was a hit and miss
- no reef
- high/low tide on one island side creating really trouble in accessing the sea
- bustle on the other side facing the "corridor"between islands and Male
Which period of the year did you go?
Edit: un altro italiano! Piacevole trovare connazionali su questi schermi : )
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:19 am

Programs: millemiglia - milesmore- spg - goldpassport - priority club- the leader club - others
Originally Posted by 0bsidian
Which period of the year did you go?
Edit: un altro italiano! Piacevole trovare connazionali su questi schermi : )
I was there in summer: your concern about the water and the reef are correct in my view. There is just no reef here, a part an artificial reef they are trying to recreate in the lagoon side. I am a diver so spend lot of time on reefs usually but here you have just nothing.

Piacere mio :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.