Wiki Posts
Search

Mallorca: What is the best?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
The Pictures don´t work. But what I saw it lookes nice. Now I also consider Son Claret. Seems to be very good value.....
Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by offerendum
The Pictures don´t work. But what I saw it lookes nice.
Strange because the pictures are showing for me.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

new album(s) may not be set to "Public" ?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...nj-albums.html
"Last Picture Sep 2, 14 "

"Edit Album" >
"Public"
vs
"Private - Only visible to contacts and moderators"
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
new album(s) may not be set to "Public" ?
Thanks! Hopefully that did the trick.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by christianj
Thanks! Hopefully that did the trick.
It did^
Old Dec 26, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: millemiglia - milesmore- spg - goldpassport - priority club- the leader club - others
what about the recently open Sant Francesc Hotel Singular for your night in Palma?
http://www.hotelsantfrancesc.com/en
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just back from Castell son Claret and La Residencia.

Loved Castell son Claret. We had an estate room, which was modern and well equipped, if slightly dark. A nice terrace outside with table and chairs. Lovely gardens and a large pool with lots of space and comfortable loungers.

Very attentive service everywhere. Great food in both the main restaurant and the 2* Michelin restaurant Zaranda.

A relaxed and elegant atmosphere. The location is slightly off the beaten track in attractive countryside with nice views. We took taxis to Palma and to Puerto Andraxt. Both took only 20 minutes and were easily arranged. Would definitely go back.

La Residencia is very overrated in my view. Some members of staff were trying hard, but the service was mostly lacking. The answer to most questions at the front desk seemed to be 'no' and we had a full on argument with one member of staff who was very rude. Food is very expensive and average in quality and everywhere feels very busy. The main pool is full of children and the adult pool too small with all of the loungers reserved most days. We managed to find a quiet spot on one of the terraces away from the pools.

We only had an entry level room, but it was VERY small and there was a strange mix of bath products from about 4 different brands. I think the hotel is so famous that it can get away with charging top dollar for an average product.

On the plus side the location is in the prettiest part of Majorca with stupendous views. The cove below the hotel at Cala Deia is beautiful and the beach restaurant is a wonderful place for a relaxed lunch overlooking the water.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
La Residencia is very overrated in my view. Some members of staff were trying hard, but the service was mostly lacking. The answer to most questions at the front desk seemed to be 'no' and we had a full on argument with one member of staff who was very rude. Food is very expensive and average in quality and everywhere feels very busy. The main pool is full of children and the adult pool too small with all of the loungers reserved most days. We managed to find a quiet spot on one of the terraces away from the pools.

We only had an entry level room, but it was VERY small and there was a strange mix of bath products from about 4 different brands. I think the hotel is so famous that it can get away with charging top dollar for an average product.

On the plus side the location is in the prettiest part of Majorca with stupendous views. The cove below the hotel at Cala Deia is beautiful and the beach restaurant is a wonderful place for a relaxed lunch overlooking the water.
Stayed in May and liked my room (Deluxe Junior Suite), but agree about food and the whole hotel it´s simply overpriced. Service was fine during my stay. I also liked the pools, second best compared to Mardavall and Cap Rocat.

@ Son Claret: Didn´t book in the end (4 Hotels were enough). I found the pool looks tiny and not spectacular. Seems I was wrong...
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by offerendum
Stayed in May and liked my room (Deluxe Junior Suite), but agree about food and the whole hotel it´s simply overpriced. Service was fine during my stay. I also liked the pools, second best compared to Mardavall and Cap Rocat.

@ Son Claret: Didn´t book in the end (4 Hotels were enough). I found the pool looks tiny and not spectacular. Seems I was wrong...
No it's a nice pool with lots of space and a little bar right there, so drinks service is always prompt.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:14 am
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

We are at Son Claret right now. Service and food excellent. Good, quiet location. Quick transfers to Palma and beaches. Dislike design as it feels very cold and business hotel like and could have been anywhere. We are in a garden suite which is large with everything we need, but no views. A little private garden at the back and a central courtyard at the front. Both nice, but inside, as said, I lose the holiday feel because of design. Pool nice, but again a bit to "cold" design wise. Just a square pool with few trees and no view to speak off. Loungers comfortable, but plastic cutlery for pool lunches a huge turn off. Now off to Son net and then la Residencia. Will report.

Last edited by Musken; Jul 27, 2016 at 3:47 am
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Look forward to it.

We are passing through Mallorca in a couple of weeks and, having been hugely underwhelmed by the price vs reported quality dynamics of the high end places, we are going to slum at the Hilton. They arranged an exceptionally good deal for a suite and connecting room in one of the buildings my the pool. It will do the job and won't be the €2,000 per night we were facing for badly reviewed places elsewhere.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Look forward to it.

We are passing through Mallorca in a couple of weeks and, having been hugely underwhelmed by the price vs reported quality dynamics of the high end places, we are going to slum at the Hilton. They arranged an exceptionally good deal for a suite and connecting room in one of the buildings my the pool. It will do the job and won't be the €2,000 per night we were facing for badly reviewed places elsewhere.
I thought you would have been staying at PH Mallorca! Used your tip to buy cheap points for our stay in September. It looks amazing!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by jonjparr
I thought you would have been staying at PH Mallorca! Used your tip to buy cheap points for our stay in September. It looks amazing!
There are four of us so the dynamics don't work as easily. I was also nervous about going so close to opening day and, as their rates for cash are OTT, I was worrid it would be 80 per cent empty and there would be no other kids about.

Definitely keen to try it next year, if we go back, when it will be bedded in.

Having been to a newly opened Hilton last year where the chairs hadn't arrived yet so you had a work desk with nowhere to sit, I have got more cautious!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by Raffles
There are four of us so the dynamics don't work as easily. I was also nervous about going so close to opening day and, as their rates for cash are OTT, I was worrid it would be 80 per cent empty and there would be no other kids about.

Definitely keen to try it next year, if we go back, when it will be bedded in.

Having been to a newly opened Hilton last year where the chairs hadn't arrived yet so you had a work desk with nowhere to sit, I have got more cautious!
We were at the PH earlier in the month for 5 days and there were a good number of kids, which was great for us to have others for our little ones to play with. It was fairly sparsely populated though which wasn't a problem for us. There is some major construction down the hill from the property, and you stare right at that from many rooms, that was kind of a downer. But for Points+Cash, a great deal for two enormous connecting rooms. Agree the cash price for the place is out there.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stephem
We were at the PH earlier in the month for 5 days and there were a good number of kids, which was great for us to have others for our little ones to play with. It was fairly sparsely populated though which wasn't a problem for us. There is some major construction down the hill from the property, and you stare right at that from many rooms, that was kind of a downer. But for Points+Cash, a great deal for two enormous connecting rooms. Agree the cash price for the place is out there.
Thought about a stay next year with a suite upgrade-voucher (2000 fort a suite is ambitious). Still not too sure, I wait for the first reports

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.