Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Anatara Kihavah, Huvafen Fushi, Jumeriah Dhevanafushi?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
I certainly feel alone on FT in liking Huvafen Fushi.

We visited Amanpulo later that year and commented that we'd have loved it more if they could have just replaced all the rooms with Huvafen Fushi-esq rooms.
seems latest pulo residences may be different, so of course the owners dont rent them

Originally Posted by aesla11
Huvafen Fushi had a great drop off around it and you could jump in the water from your ocean villa and be amongst the best of the best in snorkeling sites.
You see baby sharks going by from the edge of the beach routinely (and of course many other ocean life).
frequent citing of sharks (even visible without snorkeling) and other larger ocean creatures. In Huvafen Fushi at our first visit a few years back, we could see baby sharks on the shore and full size black and white tips visible while walking on piers.
Huvafen Fushi...Jumping off your room, you would be snorkeling with massive numbers of ocean life, with added excitement of being a few feet away from black and white tip sharks.
and cocoa island has always (years) been recommendation here for reef (and smaller)
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

I really didn't feel it was tired, although I certainly feel alone on FT in liking Huvafen Fushi. I couldn't decide on the room type, so booked half the stay in a Deluxe Beach Bungalow and then moved to an Ocean Bungalow. Both felt very modern, well looked after and contained everything we were looking for. I'll try and upload some pics later, although they'll unlikely be any good. We visited Amanpulo later that year and commented that we'd have loved it more if they could have just replaced all the rooms with Huvafen Fushi-esq rooms.

Im interested in seeing the pictures as well/
Thanks!
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Well what im going to do is this:

Jumeriah OR The Residence - 5 night
Airport Hotel - 1 night
Anatara Kihavah - 4night

I will do the lead in room at Jumeriah or a suite at The Residence.

I wonder how The Residence is? thoughts?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:48 pm

Can't comment on The Residence, but I did not like Jumeirah. However, if you're doing one of Bill Heinecke's resorts, stay at Anantara, not Huvafen Fushi. You would be sorely disappointed.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scented
Can't comment on The Residence, but I did not like Jumeirah. However, if you're doing one of Bill Heinecke's resorts, stay at Anantara, not Huvafen Fushi. You would be sorely disappointed.
What didn't you like about Jumeirah?
And no, not going to Huvafen.
Definetely going to Anatara
Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by surftb15
What didn't you like about Jumeirah?
And no, not going to Huvafen.
Definetely going to Anatara
At this price point, you can do the Maldives much better than Jumeirah. But you probably shouldn't take my comment into consideration, as this is a question of taste and personal preference. Their architecture is hardly inspiring, and I do not like Jumeirah's style. I am not sure if I want to see my towels folded into swans or if I need pink-lit, post-modern outdoor bathtubs. In many parts, the resort feels very 'all inclusive', even though the prices say something else. F&B is good, management so-so. Spa uses Ila, which is rather natural and better than most, if that's important to you. I miss a certain touch with most of the staff. Lots of honeymooners. The UAE wanted to have an own hotel brand and they got one. On paper it's a fine hotel and most people would say it's their dream vacation, but it really comes down to personal preference. For the same price I would stay at one of the FS, which are utterly amazing.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 5:33 am

Im interested in seeing the pictures as well/
Thanks!
I really don't have many good photos, but here's our holiday pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132880...57659304566644
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:07 pm

I really don't have many good photos, but here's our holiday pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132880...57659304566644
Nice holiday destination! ^
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Looks good but plunge pool seems a bit small?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:13 am

Looks good but plunge pool seems a bit small?
I suppose it is a plunge pool, so they are all small, but the Beach Deluxe has two pools, whereas the Ocean has, well, the ocean 5 feet away. Personally I never used either, as even when it's 30° outside I'm not jumping into a cold pool.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: LH HON

Just got back from 14 days at kihavah and it was excellent!
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Pix? I'm doing 7 nights kihavah and 3 at Jumeirah
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:16 pm

Don't have any pictures online. When are you going?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

9 months.

Food.. good?
Room.. Dark?

Did you try the underwater restaurant?
Diving?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:02 pm

Food: very good, though obviously expensive
Room: a little dark in some areas (like the mini bar counter of the over water Villa) but nut unbearable and you're not going to spend a lot of time in those corners

Did not dive but schnorcle. Lots of fish including ray and sharks.

Underwater Restaurant again, overpriced (375 USD vs 220 for a same quality set menu on the beach) but nice setting - went once. Apparently better for lunch due to better view but we never had lunch so can't judge.

Would certainly go to kihavah again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.