Search

Four Seasons Seoul, Korea -- Reviews and Comments

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by HKTraveler
I love Eggs Benedict as well but don't eat it much these days. If you eat it a lot, suggest you look into what Anthony Bourdain has to say about Eggs Benedict and Hollandaise sauce!
I don't eat it all that often either but think they should have it on their card. A lot of other Seoul luxury hotels do.

Last edited by Aventine; Oct 13, 2015 at 1:46 am
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by HKTraveler
I love Eggs Benedict as well but don't eat it much these days. If you eat it a lot, suggest you look into what Anthony Bourdain has to say about Eggs Benedict and Hollandaise sauce!
I couldn't care less about Anthony Bourdain, and rarely eat Eggs Benedict, although I do enjoy it at hotels that do a very good job of it. S-L Tokyo comes to mind.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I couldn't care less about Anthony Bourdain, and rarely eat Eggs Benedict, although I do enjoy it at hotels that do a very good job of it. S-L Tokyo comes to mind.
I believe they have 5 varieties? I forget from my last stay
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
I believe they have 5 varieties? I forget from my last stay
I once had lobster eggs benedict that was very good.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

FS Seoul sinus problems

I don't know if the sinus infection I have now is due to the sinus pressure and fumes from FS Seoul. There was a day and a half in between first stay and unintentional stay but I think the first night did a lot of damage. The ENT doc said they were quite irritated.

I know they will have air cleaners, HVAC circulating air, etc but I can't recommend FS Seoul for anyone with sinus problems or nose sensitivities. I've seen the unfinished rooms (they have the new room construction smell) and well I don't think housekeeping is up to the task of cleaning the new rooms either. I would wait until the new year if you have issues like myself.

Last edited by Aventine; Oct 15, 2015 at 5:15 am
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:35 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

At the request of the OP, and given there is a lot of interest in this hotel, I have moved the review and follow-up commentary to its own thread.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Oct 27, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Having spent a bit of time in the restaurants very recently, I can comfortably say that it is best to wait a few months before they (hopefully) get better.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by grumbler
Having spent a bit of time in the restaurants very recently, I can comfortably say that it is best to wait a few months before they (hopefully) get better.
The Chinese restaurant charges an arm and a leg. Fried rice for 35,000 won. It should be better than your Korean-Chinese takeout but that's still a lot.

There's such a price disparity between Boccalino and the rest. Almost like the Italian restaurant is to get normal people into the hotel and the specialty restaurants are for those on corporate accounts or high earners.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Protests in Central Seoul

Prepare for noise at the hotel this weekend. Massive anti-government protests in the Jongno, Gwanghwamun area. Would definitely try to get a room on the palace side or non Sejong Avenue side. Korean protests are annoying as they vacillate between loudspeaker, singing and chanting.

Last edited by Aventine; Nov 15, 2015 at 10:25 pm
Old Nov 14, 2015, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aventine
Prepare for noise at the hotel this weekend
room on the palace side or non Sejong Avenue side
http://www.fourseasons.com/seoul/acc...om_comparison/
seems palace view exec suite is only one labeled palace view
club rooms are on highest floors

edit - above is re "guarantee" in addition to requesting location

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 14, 2015 at 9:39 pm
Old Nov 14, 2015, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
http://www.fourseasons.com/seoul/acc...om_comparison/
seems palace view executive suite is only category labeled palace view
club rooms are on highest floors
The rooms on the Northwest side would probably avoid the most protest noise. I'm sure intrepid FSPP agents can make it clear for their guests here this week and weekend.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The situation in Gwanghwamun as of yesterday. Four Seasons is located maybe 300m back from where those trees are (left hand side).
Old Nov 15, 2015, 7:49 pm
Suspended

It sounds like you had a tough time. If I was a manager I would have comped your whole stay either through a refund to your bank account or through a free stay at anyone of the overseas properties. Its not that hard.

3. Hotel and hardware.

Interior
You've already seen a lot of the hotel from my other posts but here are some pictures of the hallways, elevator and carpets. I really think they should have chosen a different carpet color and not used one that looks worn out 10+ years.

The 15th floor Garden terrace is probably going to go unused until late Spring at least. A nice place to get some fresh air from the rest of the hotel.

Parking lot
The Parking lot was underground, modern but very small. If Friday was controlled capacity then I can't imagine how a full capacity weekend with non-staying guests would swamp the garage. Nice that there's both valet and self parking options.

Public transit options
Subway, Line 5 is there to get you from GMP and ICN (with a change from Arex to Sangildong and Macheon bound Line 5 trains).[/QUOTE]
Old Nov 15, 2015, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

NinaThompson.

I'm fine with the property now. Decent to good service recovery. Was going to give it a try later this month but probably not now with the demonstrations. Just wanted to give people a heads up on the situation here in Seoul.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 8:03 pm

thinking about staying there next month...hopefully things will be up to par by then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.