Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel 1000 - Seattle, WA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, IHG Priority Club Plat, National Executive
Hotel 1000 - Seattle, WA

Anyone with experiences at this property that they can share? We have an upcoming stay planned in mid September.

I hear mixed reviews depending on where I am reading the reviews but it appears overall people have been happy with their stay.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Some opinions here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...tle-hotel.html
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: Delta, HH, Hyatt, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold
Stayed there about a year ago. Booked through Amex FHR. So upgrade available at check in. Rooms are on the smaller side and unless you get a room on the higher floors, forget about a view of the sound.
FHR benefits included F&B credit which was used at the restaurant. Food was okay, nothing memorable. Good location, walking distance from Pike.
Overall a good hotel with good service.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by nolan222
Stayed there about a year ago. Booked through Amex FHR. So upgrade available at check in. Rooms are on the smaller side and unless you get a room on the higher floors, forget about a view of the sound.
FHR benefits included F&B credit which was used at the restaurant. Food was okay, nothing memorable. Good location, walking distance from Pike.
Same situation, same impression, same verdict: stayed there about 15 months ago but booked through Virtuoso. Got a nice, large room (free upgrade at checkin) and a F&B credit used at their restaurant. Food good but not memorable. Overall a good hotel with good service. But I prefer the FS which feels more luxurious (excellent food and formidable service, better views although not great)
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nolan222
I am also booked on FHR rate with a 4th night free promo. I booked into a low/mid room (city view). I emailed the hotel and have made dining reservations, had them schedule an airport transfer and advised them of the special occasion we are celebrating to increase upgrade chances.

It does look like they have a handful of better rooms currently available so will see if it pays off. I got a Spa credit instead of F&B which i may try to swap as others have reported success in that regard in the past.

Hopefully it will pay off over staying elsewhere since the Edgewater and Four Seasons wanted significantly more.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

I considered the FS but they wanted around 1600 for four nights for their lowest level rooms.

For whatever reason the week that I am in town is quite expensive for the time of year.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by kitkitsune
Anyone with experiences at this property that they can share? We have an upcoming stay planned in mid September.

I hear mixed reviews depending on where I am reading the reviews but it appears overall people have been happy with their stay.
I found it nice enough. Agree it is nowhere near as good as 4S. Nothing negative until a strange experience at checkout; in the middle of my checkout a guy walks up, throws down his key on the desk and the clerk who was helping me turns and starts helping him checkout. No 'Excuse me' to me or anything. I politely said something like 'Excuse me but what are you doing? Why are you helping this guy?' Clerk ignores me, finishes with the guy and comes back to me like some kind of smiley faced robot. No 'Sorry.' No acknowgement of what just happened. Kind of insulting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.