Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Benefits to booking airport transfers directly with hotel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Benefits to booking airport transfers directly with hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LM225
It appears that Forbes monitors this board for story ideas
http://www.forbes.com/sites/douggoll...g-a-hotel-car/
(And congrats to pricesquire on the press mention)
this forum is definitely watched

James McBride...now managing partner of Indonesian resort Nihiwatu
interesting >

Originally Posted by surftb15
James McBride isn't even involved with the operations anymore.
the GM spoke to Burch
article gets into status. i dont think agents or hotels would be very interested in discussing that, and i did not see any major claims of that in this thread.

there has been discussion of status via agents on forum, including from clients of agents.

i wonder if status/class consciousness is gone at MO BKK. perhaps reported problems involved same few door staff. who may have been retired.

one of the problems with 'programs' >

hotels without a formal tier-based group loyalty program are more likely to reward extra spending via a hotel car, whereas properties that are part of a group where customers track points and status are more likely to follow the specific rules of the program when allocating extra perks.
even things like packages can also make negotiating less easy/simple. i have experienced that.

uber etc includes car service and taxis. i would have zero problem using for that.
i will never use uberX/etc, where literally anyone can sign up and work as driver.
see uber ads on flyertalk/elsewhere - 'become uber driver and make money now!'

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 28, 2015 at 8:43 am
Old Aug 29, 2015, 11:08 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have moved a whole bunch of posts that were a discussion of Uber and other rideshare services to a separate thread in the rideshare forum. If you are looking for those posts, they are now here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=14479

Please use that thread for discussing rideshare services.

Thanks,
RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
I think it really depends on the city and the hotel. Uber is becoming very competitive these days on both price and quality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.