Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Washington D.C - Luxury hotel for tourist 27-30 Dec

Washington D.C - Luxury hotel for tourist 27-30 Dec

Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: Virtuoso
@ComplexAnalysis

Thanks!! I always wondered the name of it. Someone else took me to it.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:38 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it's the Blue Duck Tavern, have eaten there on several occasions. Unlike what others say, my experience with it was variable. Food is fine though.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:23 am

For me Four Seasons and Hay-Adams are vastly superior to the other hotels in town. Capella may also be at the same level, but I have not stayed there so cannot comment on it.

I would rather stay in a room at the above hotels than in a standard suite at PH, MO, or the R-C properties.

One does not need to stay at PH or MO to dine at their very good restaurants, visiting once for dinner will do.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:21 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
I am a big fan of the Capella. It has a feel unlike any of the other luxury hotels in DC. Assuming you'll want to go out in the evening, you may find the Georgetown location a strength.

Review here: http://sitinfirst.com/2014/12/capella-washington-dc/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.