Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton - cancel and rebook?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Multiple

Fellow FTers,

I have a reservation for a Ritz Carlton room using points before they run out of rooms for the date. I just received a free night cert from retention, and I wonder how I can swap my reservation to using the free night cert instead of points.

Without data points, I am reluctant to cancel my existing reservation in case the room doesn't reappear for me to book using the cert. Does anyone have experience doing this? Should I call Ritz?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The Marriott/Ritz Carlton forum may be a better source and have some helpful information:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...n-rewards-427/

Also have a look at this thread in that forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...servation.html
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by davidalism
Without data points, I am reluctant to cancel my existing reservation in case the room doesn't reappear for me to book using the cert. Does anyone have experience doing this? Should I call Ritz?
The Marriott rewards forum is the place to get the best answers.

Definitely do not assume a canelled award reservation will immediately go back into award inventory. This type of change should be made by customer service.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:19 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Moving this to the Marriott forum where the OP should get very knowledgable answers.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Call and ask them to switch the reservation. It's the only safe way (and they might be able to get the hotel to do it when it isn't otherwise available).

Or try to make a reservation with the cert first and then cancel the point one, if that way works.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Just call Ritz rewarrds (MR) and they should be able to do it for you. I just called in yesterday to have a MR award point stay I had booked converted over to using my annual Chase Visa certificate. Ritz should be the same. I had pre-booked the award stay before I had the cert to ensure there was award availability. E.g. my scenario is identical to yours except mine was for a FI rather than a Ritz. I have previously done the same thing with other MR brands as well.

--Jon
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all. I will call and report back.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Called in today. It was super easy to change my reservation made using points to using the free night certificate. So I am all set!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.