Friends hated FS Bora Bora

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends hated FS Bora Bora

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
That's why we're only interested in the FS Explorer. The only reason we'd even stay a night at either end of the 7 night cruise at FS KH is simply to ensure we can dive as much as possible on the Explorer--not because we want to stay at the FS KH.

The new StR Maldives on Vommuli Island actually sits in a great area for scuba diving, and with no other luxury or even non-luxe properties in the vicinity. Several friends have done live-aboards and visited the adjacent islands, and have said it would be an extremely good resort to hit for scuba. That's why we're so excited about it--that and the fact that we could blow a ton of SPG points we've accumulated and stay for free.
This sounds like a good plan considering your focus on diving. FS KH is also a good choice to facilitate easier transfers for arrival/departure or onward to PH/StR. It would be great to hear your review of FS Explorer and of StR Vommuli (especially re nearby dive sites).

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Jul 3, 2015 at 10:46 pm
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:54 pm

bhrubin - the views from hotels in Bora Bora are all about the views of Mount Otemanu, the iconic volcano of the South Pacific. The thing changes shape as you circumnavigate the island and it also affects the colours of the lagoon. The IC Thalasso has the worst view IMO, as the volcano looks like a little pointy thing. You get the classic slab as well as whole ridge from the Pearl Resort - the only hotel I'd consider these days and it also has the best beach. Views from the Meridien and the St Regis aren't very good. The FS is OK, a mirror reflection of the Pearl's. So it's not just an 'ocean view' - it's far more special and nothing like what you have in Sunny Cal.

As for the air con thing, sorry and I think I was a bit rude. Personally I think going from the intense heat and humidity of somewhere like Bora Bora and then into a chilly room with artificial air is a recipe for respiratory problems.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 12:04 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Pausanias
bhrubin - the views from hotels in Bora Bora are all about the views of Mount Otemanu, the iconic volcano of the South Pacific. The thing changes shape as you circumnavigate the island and it also affects the colours of the lagoon. The IC Thalasso has the worst view IMO, as the volcano looks like a little pointy thing. You get the classic slab as well as whole ridge from the Pearl Resort - the only hotel I'd consider these days and it also has the best beach. Views from the Meridien and the St Regis aren't very good. The FS is OK, a mirror reflection of the Pearl's. So it's not just an 'ocean view' - it's far more special and nothing like what you have in Sunny Cal.

As for the air con thing, sorry and I think I was a bit rude. Personally I think going from the intense heat and humidity of somewhere like Bora Bora and then into a chilly room with artificial air is a recipe for respiratory problems.
Thanks for that. I do appreciate it. And that sounds a lot more like the real you!

I will enjoy the view, whatever it will be. But I'm more about the luxury and the diving than the view of a mountain from my villa. Besides, we got such a good deal for the StR...
Old Jul 4, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: AMEX Cent., Relais & Chateaux, LHW, SLH
It's very interesting to hear the "lack of insects" part.....I have a friend who loves going to Bora Bora and have stayed at several high end resorts in the area (including FS) and told me there are large flying cockroaches everywhere --> maybe that's the reason why FS spray so much pesticide?
Old Jul 5, 2015, 9:48 am
Suspended

Anyone else with a friend in Bora Bora?

I've been there several times myself, and this whole thread is just a statement about the quality of flyertalk.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:56 am

We just came back from another 2-week stay and if we could,
we would fly back tomorrow. Four Seasons Bora Bora is our 2nd home,
the place we love, the place we come back to as often as we can.

I'm hurting myself by saying that, it's already too "famous"
and can get crowded, but we try to come during slower periods
and it's simply the most breathtaking place on this planet.

The entire crew - the best people, Michel, Ewa, Laurence, everybody.
You make each stay so unique, so amazing, so priceless! THANK YOU!!!

You know we'll be back soon
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
We just came back from another 2-week stay and if we could,
we would fly back tomorrow. Four Seasons Bora Bora is our 2nd home,
the place we love, the place we come back to as often as we can.

I'm hurting myself by saying that, it's already too "famous"
and can get crowded, but we try to come during slower periods
and it's simply the most breathtaking place on this planet.

The entire crew - the best people, Michel, Ewa, Laurence, everybody.
You make each stay so unique, so amazing, so priceless! THANK YOU!!!

You know we'll be back soon
Are you going to thrill us by sharing some of your most recent photos of this trip? Or not this time?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.