Search

Aman Sveti Stefan, Amanzo'e & Villa Dubrovnik

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, FHR, SPG
Aman Sveti Stefan, Amanzo'e & Villa Dubrovnik

Hi,

We're headed to the Adriatic and beyond this summer and I'll love any and all advice out there for Aman Sveti Stefan, Amanzo'e and Villa Dubrovnik.

I'm traveling with another couple and 2 children... I'd appreciate any room, excursion and restaurant advice.

We'll be staying in Deluxe Cottages at Sveti Stefan and Deluxe Pavillions at Amanzo'e. Are there any particular ones that are better than others? Any can't miss excursions... any place worth eating off resort?

Also, if anyone knows the Sven the GM's email at Sveti Stefan please PM me... i tried the usual email convention but it didn't work.

I look forward to reporting back when I return.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 21, 2015, 2:41 pm

cjthekid, I'm off to Amanzoe for our 4th visit on this coming Monday, so you'd think I could give you some great advice around the questions you have. However, I love the resort so much that I've never once left it when we've stayed, so can't! I would however add (in my opinion) even though the room upgrade is small, there's no point paying extra for the Deluxe room, as it's exactly the same but has a bigger pool. During our first visit, they actually had 4 room categories which were divided between small/large pool and valley/ocean view, yet so many people (myself included) complained that you couldn't see the ocean that they changed it. However, that's not to say there are not better rooms than others and we always go for a pavilion around the main pool, as it's just so much easier to get to breakfast and walk around the resort; if memory serves, these are 27-29. I've said it to the point of boredom, but I absolutely love the resort, so hopefully you do too.
Old May 21, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Read the thread by SwissBelgiantravelers for Aman Sveti Stefan...it has great pics... including the resort map.

We stayed in Cottage 20 which was great...beautiful view of the Adriatic Sea. We loved Aman Sveti Stefan and only regret we didn't stay longer. Novak Djokovic had rented out the whole resort for his wedding so we were out of luck to stay any longer.
Old May 22, 2015, 5:55 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

I stayed at both Aman Sveti Stefan and Villa Dubrovnik last year.

It was our second stay at Aman Sveti Stefan, and while the facilities have improved since our first stay, quality of service sadly has not. We had severe issues with food (quality and preparation), housekeeping, and other simple requests gone wrong. I believe Kevin Brooke is still GM, or has this changed? Loosing track with all the GM shuffling at Aman these days... We had a serious talk with him after the first 2 nights, and he was very apologetic and ensured a generous service recovery. Still, we would not return, the resort has some great assets (Queen's Beach! Spa!), but it just wasn't up to Aman standards. We spent most of the time in the resort, only went on an excursion to the historic village Kotor and the huge development project Porto Montenegro, which was interesting.

Villa Dubrovnik
on the other hand is a bit "sterile" in terms of hardware, the rooms could be in any big city hotel and - incredible for a new built hotel - have no showers, just shower/bathtub combinations, and toilets are not separated from the bathroom. But service was surprisingly good and proactive, and food was great. It doesn't have a beach though (only a concrete platform on the rocks, with ladders into the sea), which is something to be aware of when staying with kids. The boat service to the old town is great. We went to the old town after breakfast for a stroll or sightseeing (walking around the city on the old city wall is a must, but don't do it in the midday sun), spent the afternoon by the sea, and went into town for dinner. Had a great experience at Proto restaurant, it's a seafood place. They have a very nice terrace on the first floor.
Old May 26, 2015, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, FHR, SPG
Thanks for the advice... we'll definitely downgrade to a regular pavillion.
Old May 26, 2015, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by cjthekid
Thanks for the advice... we'll definitely downgrade to a regular pavillion.
Good choice. FYI we're in pavilion 28 now, and it's the one I'd recommend the most, as it's closest to the rest of the hotel, whilst maintaining a "sea view" (e.g. you can see the sea, providing you stand in the right position on the right day at the right time). You can ask in advance if you want the pool to be heated, which I always do, but I still find it too cold, which is another reason not to bother upgrading. The first time we came here it was a lot warmer, yet for reasons I cannot seem to get explained, it will not go above 30 now, whereas I want it closer to 32.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.