Wiki Posts
Search

The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scented
Usually FS is good about housekeeping. Think folding clothes, arranging sunglasses, leaving wipes for the iPad and laptop, replacing tooth paste. Thoughtful. All departments probably need time.
Good thing is if you stay in another year or so, you'll be surprised in a good way how far they've come.
This outsourced company was terrible. A hair left in the closet, unknown sticky stain on the floor between bathroom and entryway and dust bunny in the shoe drawer. I think it was just a case of negligence on their part.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

In 2016, Oahu, Surfside, FL & Downtown NY launch.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:04 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Four Seasons Beijing currently has a number of offers available:

MasterCard offer:
Stay 2 or more nights in a Club room or a suite until 31 December 2015 and enjoy a 20% discount on the room rate. Reservations need to be made using a MasterCard directly with the hotel. For details, see http://www.pricelessbeijing.com/cont...otel2015.html#

Virtuoso offer:
Get the 4th night free on stays until 31 December 2015. You will also receive standard Virtuoso rate amenities (free room upgrade on arrival, daily breakfast and USD100 food & beverage credit). Book through a Virtuoso travel advisor. For details, see http://www.virtuoso.com/promotions/1...g#.Vh_NrGvWGVc

Edit: Alitrip offer
Alitrip.com (the travel website that is part of the Alibaba/Taobao group) has an offer for stays until 31 October 2015. Book a room at a flat rate of RMB 1508 per night (valid for both weekdays and weekends; breakfast not included). For details, see https://tuan.alitrip.com/detail.htm?...id=45508460744 (please note that the website is only available in Chinese). Note also that you need to phone after making payment online to finalise your booking - not sure if Customer Services can speak English.

Taobao offer
A travel agency has advertised on Taobao a rate of RMB 1550 per night for a club room (including breakfast for 2). For details, see http://kezhan.trip.taobao.com/item2....te=main#detail (webpage only available in Chinese). To make the booking, you need to phone the travel agency - not sure if they speak English and how reliable they are, though the travel agency appears to have good ratings on Taobao and has been on Taobao since 2010.

Last edited by paul00; Oct 15, 2015 at 10:44 am
Old Oct 17, 2015, 5:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Click here for Four Seasons Bogotá pictures.

Last edited by pricesquire; Oct 18, 2015 at 7:03 am
Old Oct 17, 2015, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Eagerly awaiting the other new FS property opening pics...
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:50 pm
Suspended

http://press.fourseasons.com/news-re...nacoes-unidas/

Four Seasons Sao Paulo
Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:28 pm

I have a upcoming stay at a FS and received an email to check out their newly updated app.

I booked through FHR so I'm hoping for a room upgrade. Anybody know if checking in early via the app will affect the chances of the upgrade?

Looks like you can make spa reservations, order room service, request valet parking etc via the app too.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 4:35 pm

No one answered the previous poster, but I just thought I'd check to see if anyone has recent experiences. Do we know if checking in with the mobile app provides any advantages or disadvantages? Does it really save any time (given that I'll still have to go to the front desk to get keys)? Does it have any effect on upgrades?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Cardboard55
No one answered the previous poster, but I just thought I'd check to see if anyone has recent experiences. Do we know if checking in with the mobile app provides any advantages or disadvantages? Does it really save any time (given that I'll still have to go to the front desk to get keys)? Does it have any effect on upgrades?
I've negotiated a better room at most of my FS stays in a face to face session at the front desk. So I would strongly say no to an impersonal mobile check in. You are likely to get the worst room you are entitled to.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:41 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
How Four Seasons is fighting back against Airbnb

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/inno...ons-vs-airbnb/
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
Originally Posted by Cardboard55
If your have been to the same FS hotel before, once you done with Moible C/I. You are able to collect your room key at curbside. First time to this property, you still need go to Front Desk to fill up your personal details. Usually you can put a note like request upgrade something like that when process Moible C/I.

For AMEX guest, I would say you are part of VIP guests. Normally your room is pre - assigned before your arrival. Therefore you may already got upgraded, or due to operation they are unable to offer you a upgrade.

I recommend if you don't need a 4 pm guarantee late check out, inform the hotel in advance. It will increase the chance for you to get an upgrade.

The advantages of Mobile App it's not only for C/I. You are able to use those functions if you prefer to C/I at desk. I used it several times, for ex - ordering room service through app, requested fill up ice bucket while I am on the way back to my room. I found it's very convenience for me. Highly recommend to use the App.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:20 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Does anyone know anything about the FS Kyoto? It seems like it was supposed to open in 2015 and with a trip to Kyoto in late 2016 this could be a great option.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:53 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
Does anyone know anything about the FS Kyoto? It seems like it was supposed to open in 2015 and with a trip to Kyoto in late 2016 this could be a great option.
No where on my 2016 update from Toronto Corporate. The new Ritz should be your go to I guess. Careful what view you request!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:37 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
Originally Posted by ABG
No where on my 2016 update from Toronto Corporate. The new Ritz should be your go to I guess. Careful what view you request!
Kyoto is for sure opening this year, aiming to open in November 15th. They already hired all the executive team.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
It is under construction and there's an executive team in place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.