Reload this Page >

The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I'm not a huge fan of master threads for this forum, primarily because the actual number of trip reports will be small compared to the posts. It takes time to wade through all the questions and comments to find the three trip reports

Fdw
+ 1/2. Sometimes on 20 pages are 3 reports. But its not easy to find. On the other side its not better if I find 4 threads with each 15 pages. So a Wiki is great with links to trip reports in the threads.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Yeah the problem is that every so often someone "discovers" a property and feels they have to start a new thread on it, rather than contributing to an existing thread on that property. This forum has become a bit of a mess because of that. I don't blame the moderator because he is a volunteer with a day job that involves travel, but if someone else wants to volunteer time to clean it up, that would be great.

If you want to put trip reports into their own threads that are titled "Trip Report", thats fine with me. Although those probably ought to go into the Trip Report forum. But posts that discuss details about a property should all go into a single master thread.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stimpy
Yeah the problem is that every so often someone "discovers" a property and feels they have to start a new thread on it, rather than contributing to an existing thread on that property. This forum has become a bit of a mess because of that. I don't blame the moderator because he is a volunteer with a day job that involves travel, but if someone else wants to volunteer time to clean it up, that would be great.

If you want to put trip reports into their own threads that are titled "Trip Report", thats fine with me. Although those probably ought to go into the Trip Report forum. But posts that discuss details about a property should all go into a single master thread.
I agree with you - but I don't think this is a one-size-fits-all approach

For instance, sometimes it's blatantly silly to add a TR to a preexisting thread. Especially with a lot of these older threads of 2007/8/9 floating around.

I'd also argue that, much of the time, TRs need to branch out from some threads. For instance, giving the Siam it's own thread outside of the "luxury hotels of BKK" thread. That's just one example.

Richard: I have no problem "moderating" this thread - for now - but I will end up turning it into a sticky once I move onto Mandarin Oriental, Pen, etc. At that point I'll reach out as I have NO idea how to sticky something!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:52 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Here is the link to the report I wrote on the Hawaii Four Seasons in Dec 2013.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...waii-plus.html
Old May 1, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: millemiglia - milesmore- spg - goldpassport - priority club- the leader club - others
I stayed at Four Season Mexico City two weeks ago and renovation was complete in the common area where they have added a restaurant (entering on the right) and a pastry bar (at the end on the right just before entering the patio)....the lobby has been completely redesigned.
They told me renovation was complete as far as main area. Is more going on in the room (mine was certainly dated)?

I do not see Rome in the list...is it not happening anymore?

Great effort. Thanks
Old May 1, 2015, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by The_Daddy
I stayed at Four Season Mexico City two weeks ago and renovation was complete in the common area where they have added a restaurant (entering on the right) and a pastry bar (at the end on the right just before entering the patio)....the lobby has been completely redesigned.
They told me renovation was complete as far as main area. Is more going on in the room (mine was certainly dated)?

Great effort. Thanks
It is happening. In fact, I heard that FS will open two hotels in Rome.
Old May 1, 2015, 6:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Great effort. Thanks
How was your stay? I hear this hotel is average...bordering on one of the worst in the network. Have any pictures of your room?

Will be in MEX in a few weeks.

RE: Rome, can't find anything online about it. I'll add it to the list though.
Old May 1, 2015, 7:06 am

The first FS Rome will have around 200 keys, most likely bought by the Qataris. It is north of the Borghese Gardens in the 1928 Zecca Poligrafico building (where they used to print the Lira). It is not a pretty building and is too far out of the centre in the Parioli area. Residences are planned, too, as this is a BIG building. This will be mainly used for conferences, banquets, groups, but the second FS is planned more for leisure. I have yet to find out exactly where this is, but hear it is more central.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: millemiglia - milesmore- spg - goldpassport - priority club- the leader club - others
Originally Posted by pricesquire
How was your stay? I hear this hotel is average...bordering on one of the worst in the network. Have any pictures of your room?

Will be in MEX in a few weeks.

RE: Rome, can't find anything online about it. I'll add it to the list though.
My stay was excellent as always even if very short (two nights but have been in the hotel almost only for sleeping). The service delivered by this hotel has been for years (I go there since ten years....alternating with the St. Regis) constantly consistent....I do not recall any incident and the few times I had the possibility to enjoy other services they certainly meet expectations; as an example i remember a foot reflexology I still dream of...
In the past they have been shipping me (taking care of all the packing and custom clearance procedure) piece of arts I purchase in the country, managed my often demanding travel change arrangements by the minutes, reparaing in house damaged luggage...etc..all handled very professionally I would say.

Of course they deliver basic expectation like concierge, fast house keeping services (express night laundry is something I always need) and more.
And finally that Patio in the middle of such a chaotic city is enough to make the hotel in its own league in Mexico City I believe.

The only concern I had with them was maybe the limited food offer (even if I always eat outside) and they just added a restaurant and a pastry bar.

Having tried many Four Seasons I certainly do not rank this as average (a part the dated rooms, of which I have no picture) and definitively not among the worst in the chain
Old May 1, 2015, 8:57 am

FS Bangalore

Hello,

I haven't seen anything in the upcoming about a FS in Bangalore. they have a residence there and a few news articles about a hotel coming

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/39838067.cms

Anyone know if this project is moving forward or chopped?
Old May 1, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
My stay was excellent as always even if very short (two nights but have been in the hotel almost only for sleeping). The service delivered by this hotel has been for years (I go there since ten years....alternating with the St. Regis) constantly consistent....I do not recall any incident and the few times I had the possibility to enjoy other services they certainly meet expectations; as an example i remember a foot reflexology I still dream of...
In the past they have been shipping me (taking care of all the packing and custom clearance procedure) piece of arts I purchase in the country, managed my often demanding travel change arrangements by the minutes, reparaing in house damaged luggage...etc..all handled very professionally I would say.

Of course they deliver basic expectation like concierge, fast house keeping services (express night laundry is something I always need) and more.
And finally that Patio in the middle of such a chaotic city is enough to make the hotel in its own league in Mexico City I believe.

The only concern I had with them was maybe the limited food offer (even if I always eat outside) and they just added a restaurant and a pastry bar.

Having tried many Four Seasons I certainly do not rank this as average (a part the dated rooms, of which I have no picture) and definitively not among the worst in the chain
I think the service there is very good and the breakfast buffet in the courtyard is great. But I stopped staying there on my work trips because of a) the construction next door and b) the room/gym/spa. For that, the St Regis was much better, even though I never found the service to be as good as the FS, and I like the location of the FS slightly better
Old May 1, 2015, 5:18 pm
Mandarin Oriental Contributor BadgeAman 10+ Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Has anyone stayed at the Buenos Aires one recently ?
Or any other in South America opening this or next year ?
Old May 1, 2015, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

removed

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 2, 2015 at 7:27 pm
Old May 2, 2015, 6:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Besides the two in BOG, not that I know of.

I don't think the one in BA is a favorite of many...not that it's bad, per se, but those I speak to tend to drift towards the Park Hyatt or a non-chain hotel (Faena).
Old May 2, 2015, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
I passed by their property in Cartagena (Santa Teresa) while I was there few weeks ago and it is certainly a lovely building within the fortified city in a commanding position.

Location-wise I might say you can't get better...it is probably even better of Santa Clara where I always go. I might give it a try as soon as they are ready even if those guys in Santa Clara do a good job and I like their Sunday Brunch and their juices.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.