Reload this Page >

True amanjunkies - UK get together

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

True amanjunkies - UK get together

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:36 am

Does anyone have a latest list of who is where? Might be useful to be kept up to date?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:41 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by aa213bb
Speaking of ... is Pietro still at Amanwella?
I tried to contact him personally and had no success. I hope he moved on. Tea Trails have a new property beach side near Galle.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:48 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Speaking of ... is Pietro still at Amanwella?
No , Henry ' s GM there
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by behuman
I tried to contact him personally and had no success. I hope he moved on. Tea Trails have a new property beach side near Galle.
Sigh. I really liked him. Wonder where he's gone?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:25 am

Sigh. I really liked him. Wonder where he's gone?
I heard he was managing a place in New Delhi - Shakti.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:04 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Another really, really good Aman GM, gone. I wonder if he left on his own or was let go.

I did not stay at either Aman in Sri Lanka, but was considering doing so for a time. And when I contacted him via email, I found him to be incredibly helpful and responsive (and apparently, these qualities also carried through to how he ran the resorts).

Aman loses yet another good one.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:11 pm

I feel so deeply sad so many great GM are gone that may explain the drop in service and rates (sorry service only not rates, at least not yet hahahha ).
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:49 pm

Interesting. What do you know about Shakti? A place we should keep in mind for our next trip to New Delhi?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:04 pm

Interesting. What do you know about Shakti? A place we should keep in mind for our next trip to New Delhi?
I don't think it is open yet. I know that area of Delhi, but have never heard of a luxe hotel there. Maybe someone should ask Robyn Bickford at The Lodhi. OK. I'll ask her.
Old May 4, 2015, 2:30 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
I would love to be part of an Aman do, I will be reviewing the Aman in Venice later this month so will feedback.

For what it is worth, London does seem to be a good and very accessible location for DOs- We hold our Hyatt Do at the Hyatt Churchill in London every October and it's really popular. I attempted to set up an intercontinental Do in Cyprus but there was little interest. But with no Aman actually in London does this make sense?

How about a "Luxury London Do" that incorporates the Aman junkies, Four Seasons Fans and maybe LHW lovers too? (is there a crossover? I love all 3!)

I love the Langham (just refurbished club lounge, great spa and Roux plus their super bar) or another favourite of mine is the Four Seasons Park Lane.. I also love the Club Lounge in the Intercontinental across the road which could make a good venue for a smaller do..

Any thoughts?
Old May 4, 2015, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs
I would love to be part of an Aman do, I will be reviewing the Aman in Venice later this month so will feedback.

For what it is worth, London does seem to be a good and very accessible location for DOs- We hold our Hyatt Do at the Hyatt Churchill in London every October and it's really popular. I attempted to set up an intercontinental Do in Cyprus but there was little interest. But with no Aman actually in London does this make sense?

How about a "Luxury London Do" that incorporates the Aman junkies, Four Seasons Fans and maybe LHW lovers too? (is there a crossover? I love all 3!)

I love the Langham (just refurbished club lounge, great spa and Roux plus their super bar) or another favourite of mine is the Four Seasons Park Lane.. I also love the Club Lounge in the Intercontinental across the road which could make a good venue for a smaller do..

Any thoughts?
Great idea to have a DO in London, would love to try the FS
Old May 5, 2015, 12:28 pm

I don't think it is open yet. I know that area of Delhi, but have never heard of a luxe hotel there. Maybe someone should ask Robyn Bickford at The Lodhi. OK. I'll ask her.
Robyn Bickford knows nothing of Shakti either. I have asked others in India, too, and nobody has heard of anything happening. Strange.
Old May 5, 2015, 11:13 pm

Pietro Addis

Dear all,

Pietro Addis who was GM at Wella didn't move too far cause he followed Olivia Richli at Amangalla, still in Sri Lanka. However, I don't know where Olivia has moved since she left Aman Canal Grande in Venice. This european property its now managed by the charming Claudia Schwarze I met at Amankila...
Old May 6, 2015, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by RodHK
Pietro Addis who was GM at Wella didn't move too far cause he followed Olivia Richli at Amangalla, still in Sri Lanka.
Thank you!

This seems accurate, at least as of January of this year, based on a TA review I found (http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR..._Province.html)

Robyn Bickford knows nothing of Shakti either. I have asked others in India, too, and nobody has heard of anything happening. Strange.
I suspect, like myself, you were duped by the LinkedIn profile showing him at Shakti.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:23 am

Pietro is not at Amangalla, from what I hear. Linkedin has a lot to answer for, though!

Olivia Richli, whose contract was not renewed by the new Aman management, is currently looking for a job.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.