Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Siam Hotel, Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

My favorite hotel in the world right now, bar none.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I have been raving about this place ever since it opened. Glad everyone is finally catching up - it's a unique retreat and yes, the spa is the best in Thailand, not just Bangkok.
If you say, I MUST try
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:00 am

I have been raving about this place ever since it opened. Glad everyone is finally catching up - it's a unique retreat and yes, the spa is the best in Thailand, not just Bangkok.
***pats on back***

Thinking of doing a spa day with the boys. The treatments sound amazing, but any insight to the common areas? Is this a silent spa space or are there common areas (other than the bathhouse) where a friends can relax and have polite conversations and lite beverages?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
It was so nice meeting you and your wife on the CX flight to HKG. I am so glad you had a great time in BKK. The hotel seems to have been a perfect choice. I am not a BKK fan at all but may try the hotel for a couple of days next year as it sounds lovely. Great review.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by purplestraw
***pats on back***

Thinking of doing a spa day with the boys. The treatments sound amazing, but any insight to the common areas? Is this a silent spa space or are there common areas (other than the bathhouse) where a friends can relax and have polite conversations and lite beverages?
Spa common space:

We had tea here and talked a bit, but it's kind of quiet...if I were you, I'd plan the spa day but spend your talking/drinking hours out on the deck, watching river life flow by.

Originally Posted by cruisr
It was so nice meeting you and your wife on the CX flight to HKG. I am so glad you had a great time in BKK. The hotel seems to have been a perfect choice. I am not a BKK fan at all but may try the hotel for a couple of days next year as it sounds lovely. Great review.
Great to meet you two as well! Too funny

I can totally understand the "not a BKK sentiment", but again, the Siam completely negates that sentiment.

It's to the point where, planning Vietnam for next year, my wife wants to fly into BKK, just to spend 5 nights at the Siam "getting over jet lag"...

Hope you had a great time in TPE/TYO!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:33 am

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Thanks for the review. I will be staying there for a few nights (pool villa) early next month. So looking forward.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ozchinois
Thanks for the review. I will be staying there for a few nights (pool villa) early next month. So looking forward.
Jealous!! Have a blast ^

Say hi to Khun Jason from me!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:33 am

***pats on back***

The Opium Spa is very much of the place - i.e. Asian. The most raucous area is the Thai boxing ring. Otherwise it is not a place where you hang out in a jacuzzi and drink beer. It is more of a ginger tea sort of place.

The relaxation room is quiet. The reception room is quiet. The treatments, as you say, are superb.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:00 am

Otherwise it is not a place where you hang out in a jacuzzi and drink beer.
Gross.

Thanks for the insight folks. So maybe not the right place for a friend-filled spa day, but perhaps when I'm in a #treatyoself mood.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Gross.

Thanks for the insight folks. So maybe not the right place for a friend-filled spa day, but perhaps when I'm in a #treatyoself mood.
Sounds about right!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:35 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Beautiful. How much do rates go for on average?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 6:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Beautiful. How much do rates go for on average?
Entry level rates largely depend on time of year. I've seen Siam Suites for anywhere from the mid to high-$200s to the high-$300/low-$400 range. VERY reasonable IMO, and very competitive with the MO/Pen.

I've checked a lot of rates here lately...forget the dates, but on one of my searches the best 2 rooms in the house (Pool Villa & Connie's Cottage) were all sub-$575/night. Killer.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 4:03 pm

I'm excited about all of The Siam enthusiasm on here! We just booked a quick two night stop on our way to Burma. I wish we had more time but I think we are spending most of it relaxing at the hotel. I will definitely spend some time at the Opium Spa, what about the other options? How is the sunset cruise, muy thai and yoga? What are the best dining options at the hotel and in the neighborhood?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cakegirl
I'm excited about all of The Siam enthusiasm on here! We just booked a quick two night stop on our way to Burma. I wish we had more time but I think we are spending most of it relaxing at the hotel. I will definitely spend some time at the Opium Spa, what about the other options? How is the sunset cruise, muy thai and yoga? What are the best dining options at the hotel and in the neighborhood?
You're pretty much limited to Chon and the Art deco bar but not a bad thing. Not much around the neighborhood.

They also offer cooking classes with market field trips in the morning.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:03 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by aa213bb
Yes, Jason is fantastic, and The Siam is such a wonderful property.
I have been much less impressed with this gentleman than others. I used to visit (when living in Bangkok) every week for massages and dinner and the occasional stay but he never even once recognised me. And when an issue came up he handled it extremely poorly.

Maybe I just got unlucky.

I remember staying in one of their 'pool' suites (the ones with a little plunge pool in them) during their opening week and in a few river view rooms, all equally beautiful. The hotel really is gorgeous, if certainly not perfect. It is mainly let down by the service which can be iffy, even downright poor. There are far too many (mostly young) unsupervised staff who have poor English and poor skills. This is a pity because there are also many fabulous staff. I suspect as time goes by service will improve. To be clear though, my last visit was over a year ago so things may be different now.

Last edited by Fliar; Apr 30, 2015 at 2:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.