Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Leaders Club Redemption Disappointment - has anyone else experienced this problem

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leaders Club Redemption Disappointment - has anyone else experienced this problem

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2015, 6:02 pm

I actually like the Sacher a lot at Jr. Suite level and higher categories.

I am curious about the Ritz-Carlton, so hope to try it at club level the next time I am in Vienna.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
While this discussion seems completely off topic:

I have stayed in Junior suites in both the Sacher (overlooking the Staatsoper) and the Imperial (overlooking the Musikverein). While both are nice, the Sacher was ten times better in every respect.

If you want a comparison, it's like watching an opera in the Staatsoper compared to watching a performance sold by these guys dressed like Mozart on the streets in Vienna. If you want the tourist experience, you might enjoy the Imperial, but if you want a classy luxury hotel go for the Sacher.

Having said that, the Imperial Torte is much better than the Sacher Torte
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by DUflyer
Having said that, the Imperial Torte is much better than the Sacher Torte
Before I forget it - as mentioned earlier - I will try the Imperial Torte tomorrow or Thursday, and report here if your are right

As we are off topic already let´s go ahead:

Her Majesty Queen Elisabeth II arriving at Adlon in a few minutes. I am just watching the direct transmission of ARD ("Das Erste" - First German Public Channel). I found a live channel via cnn.com may be it works at your end:

http://www.freeintertv.com/view/id-356/Germany-1-0-2
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Her Majesty and the Duke of Edinburgh went in - Queen´s flag raised.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 4:59 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by DUflyer
the Imperial Torte is much better than the Sacher Torte
Agree wholeheartedly! We needed a LOT of schlag (whipping cream) to moisten our Sacher torte at the Sacher but every morsel of the Imperial Torte was sublime.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by luxury
Agree wholeheartedly! We needed a LOT of schlag (whipping cream) to moisten our Sacher torte at the Sacher but every morsel of the Imperial Torte was sublime.
Also prefer Imperial cake^
Old Jun 30, 2015, 6:12 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
While looking up the LHW website earlier today I have noticed that there are no member hotels in India listed anymore?

Has anyone any insights on this?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by uggboy
While looking up the LHW website earlier today I have noticed that there are no member hotels in India listed anymore?

Has anyone any insights on this?
The best hotels in India are managed by groups such as Oberoi, Leela and Taj - all of whom have their own very good sales & marketing operations, so they are not prepared to pay LHW for their representation.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 1:04 am

I have been able to redeem nights at Cape Grace, Ritz London and 3 times at Le Bristol. However I see that so many good hotels are leaving lhw. Also they never do promotions with extra stay credits anymore. Often hotels.com and booking.com offers lower rates than lhw. Sadly this program is getting worse every year:-/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.