Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maalifushi by COMO (Maldives): STUNNING resort! My trip report

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:20 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Having been to the St. Regis Bora Bora (which is basically the same as the Four Seasons), the service and food are of such a higher quality at both COMO properties in the Maldives.

In Bora Bora it is a little weird being among 15,000 overwater bungalows looking at the same mountain. Here we are on our overwater bungalow, doesn't it feel like a cruise, honey?

Como Maalifushi has a get-away-from-the-world feel, yet has far better service and immeasurably better food.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:21 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
So funny, we left Maalifushi a few days ago!
All I can say it's the most friendly, beautiful place on this planet, no kidding!
We stayed at a sunset facing water villa, hope you don't mind me
attaching a few of my own pictures
I'm back from my trip to the Six Senses Laamu (review coming soon) and now I don't want to share any photos because yours are stunning! You take some great pics!

How do you get such good pics out of the seaplane though? The windows are always in need of a good clean and I just can't seem to get the angle right.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:56 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Originally Posted by deathscar
How do you get such good pics out of the seaplane though? The windows are always in need of a good clean and I just can't seem to get the angle right.
Curious as well!

Excellent TR and pics!

Any indication on the average price per person per day in terms of F&B? I saw your comment on the USD110 pp for half-board but given the fact that breakfast is included even in the early bird rate. USD110 for dinner pp isn't exactly cheap.

Many thanks
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:35 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

110 pp + tax and service, so figure around 300. Not sure if you're a rail vodka person or a Krug drinker--if the latter you'll spend a lot. We spent 300+ a day in drinks, a few mixed drinks each throughout the day, a cheap bottle of wine or sake, occasional whisky. I went el chepo on the drinks and you probably have nicer taste than I do. It's not a bad deal and there may be places you can eat for cheaper in the Maldives, but the Maldives are expensive and you just have to expect it.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: AMEX Cent., Relais & Chateaux, LHW, SLH
Amazing photos and trip report!! I wonder how does the combination of the two COMOs compare to the combination of two FS?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by aa213bb

Should we, perhaps, consider other properties instead? This just seems like such great value ...
DON'T! This is great and we are already booked again for the combined
Cocoa/Maalifushi vacation next year.

Don't even think about other places, I did a looong research and from
what I saw there, it might be ugly. Maalifushi is heaven.

Originally Posted by pointspinnacle
So do you prefer como maldives or four seasons bora bora bigfoot?
This is tough. The problem is this year the entire French Polynesia
is sick, the mosquito disease made EVERYBODY sick including every tourist.
So there is no way I'll go back, at least for 2 more years.

Maalifushi is so mach better than expected. It's really, really nice

Originally Posted by Ericka
Love the shadow picture of you and your SO, BigFoot.
How did you find the snorkeling?
Ericka, there are 2 types of Maledivian resorts - those with amazing reefs
and those with amazing lagoons. We prefer the lagoons and Maalifushi
has one, a beautiful one. I guess there are also those with nothing,
but you probably know that
Snorkeling is good, but if that's what you want, you probably need
another place. The problem is it will probably suck. But the underwater world
will be great...

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jan 24, 2023 at 6:28 am Reason: Multiple consecutive posts by same member
Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:29 am

Here now if anyone has any questions they would like help with - am also going to return to Cocoa, which we personally both enjoyed more than Maalifushi (though I suspect this will be the exception rather than the rule).
Old Mar 23, 2015, 6:33 am

Here now if anyone has any questions they would like help with - am also going to return to Cocoa, which we personally both enjoyed more than Maalifushi (though I suspect this will be the exception rather than the rule).
Can you please tell us more? Please

I'm planning Cocoa+Maalifushi next year, would love to hear more.
Also about the transfer, is it really a direct seaplane connection between the two?

Which Cocoa villa did you have? I'm thinking a one-bedroom, but the lofts
look good too. I really want the pristine endless shallow lagoon
in front of our terrace, which one should we choose?

Thanks for any info!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:02 pm

Can you please tell us more? Please

I'm planning Cocoa+Maalifushi next year, would love to hear more.
Also about the transfer, is it really a direct seaplane connection between the two?

Which Cocoa villa did you have? I'm thinking a one-bedroom, but the lofts
look good too. I really want the pristine endless shallow lagoon
in front of our terrace, which one should we choose?

Thanks for any info!
Just got back to the States today, so I'll try and provide more info later.

We ended up spending 3 at Cocoa, 3 at Maalifushi, and 2 more at Cocoa - and very much preferred the latter.

As for transfers - from Cocoa to Maalifushi it was a direct seaplane transfer; on the return to Cocoa we stopped at Niyama first, and then went to Cocoa.

We had, in order, a Dhoni Loft, an Overwater Suite, and a 1 BR Villa.

I'll see if I can crank out a rough and short TR over the weekend, with some pics.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:22 am

Just got back to the States today, so I'll try and provide more info later.

We ended up spending 3 at Cocoa, 3 at Maalifushi, and 2 more at Cocoa - and very much preferred the latter.

As for transfers - from Cocoa to Maalifushi it was a direct seaplane transfer; on the return to Cocoa we stopped at Niyama first, and then went to Cocoa.

We had, in order, a Dhoni Loft, an Overwater Suite, and a 1 BR Villa.

I'll see if I can crank out a rough and short TR over the weekend, with some pics.
Yes please, can't wait!
Several reports indicated One bedroom Villa at Cocoa being "the only" choice LOL

Can't wait for your report, please compare Maalifushi OW Villa to Cocoa

Andrew
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
This is tough. The problem is this year the entire French Polynesia
is sick, the mosquito disease made EVERYBODY sick including every tourist.
So there is no way I'll go back, at least for 2 more years.

Maalifushi is so mach better than expected. It's really, really nice
I have been on Bora Bora for the past eight nights and I can confirm that no one in our party contracted the Chikungunya mosquito virus. I realize it may be a concern to travelers, but my wife is a mosquito magnet and has RA, but encountered no problems during our stay and she certainly was bitten a few times during our visit.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Hi guys,

I don't seem to understand why COMO Maalifushi despite its rave reviews is priced much lower than any (comparable?) resort in the maldives ?

Is there any good reason for this ?

Including transfers for the second half of March, for a 5-7 night stay in an overwater villa with pool Cheval Blanc is coming in at A$25k for 5 nights, O&O RR at about the same for 7 nights, Huvafen Fushi at more than A$30k for 7 nights, and COMO Maalifushi at about A$15k for 7 nights.

When I first researched resorts, I immediately dismissed COMO Maalifushi for this reason and I thought it was inferior but I am yet to come across a poor review for it ?

I understand CB is and perhaps should be the most expensive/best in the Maldives but why is COMO Maalifushi priced so much lower than say O&O RR or Huvafen Fushi ?

Any thoughts or comments ?

Thanks
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: No program whatsoever
Does anyone have the email for the GM of Maalifushi, Mr. Pietro Addis?
I have tried to get in touch by contacting the resort and they're taking ages to get back to me.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

or whether como emails follow a standard format for names

another ex aman, i'd forgotten, been there almost a year now

Originally Posted by 0bsidian
Does anyone have the email for the GM of Maalifushi, Mr. Pietro Addis?
I have tried to get in touch by contacting the resort and they're taking ages to get back to me.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 4, 2017 at 2:51 pm
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:44 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Nizar
Hi guys,

I don't seem to understand why COMO Maalifushi despite its rave reviews is priced much lower than any (comparable?) resort in the maldives ?

Is there any good reason for this ?

Including transfers for the second half of March, for a 5-7 night stay in an overwater villa with pool Cheval Blanc is coming in at A$25k for 5 nights, O&O RR at about the same for 7 nights, Huvafen Fushi at more than A$30k for 7 nights, and COMO Maalifushi at about A$15k for 7 nights.

When I first researched resorts, I immediately dismissed COMO Maalifushi for this reason and I thought it was inferior but I am yet to come across a poor review for it ?

I understand CB is and perhaps should be the most expensive/best in the Maldives but why is COMO Maalifushi priced so much lower than say O&O RR or Huvafen Fushi ?

Any thoughts or comments ?

Thanks
Don't know - but I'm loving it! Their deals for 4/3 and 7/5 combined with an added 10% discount and half-board, and 50% off round-trip seaplane transfers for early booking are absolutely incredible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.