Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Prague?

Where to stay in Prague?

Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Where to stay in Prague?

We're planning to go to Prague the first week in October. Where should we consider staying?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:20 am

A quick search pulls up the following threads, though I am sure there are more:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...fs-prague.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...el-prague.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...ls-prague.html
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:27 am
Original Poster

I saw those when I searched the forum for Prague, but they didn't seem current.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:40 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by richarddd
I saw those when I searched the forum for Prague, but they didn't seem current.
I'm the author of the first one, which is from October of 2014. We were debating between the MO and the FS. In the end we picked the FS; which I was ultimately glad for. It's located right by the Charles Bridge, but it feels like a haven from the craziness of all the tourists. The MO is on the other side of the bridge; while convenient to the castle it just seemed like that area was a little quieter....

FDW
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I'm the author of the first one, which is from October of 2014. We were debating between the MO and the FS. In the end we picked the FS; which I was ultimately glad for. It's located right by the Charles Bridge, but it feels like a haven from the craziness of all the tourists. The MO is on the other side of the bridge; while convenient to the castle it just seemed like that area was a little quieter....

FDW
We stayed at the MO back in 2012, and would definitely agree that it is a quiet area. Perhaps that's by design, as the building was a former monastery-turned-hotel, located on a quiet side street.

Overall we were really pleased with our stay, but I admit that our 1st choice was the FS which was sold out during our dates.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:36 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I was very pleased with my stay at the 4S. Lovely corner room overlooking the river and outstanding service. Excellent location.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:17 am

Most recent Prague stay - FS without doubt is the best now in every way. MO food was awful - the usual Prague mish-mash of every country's food on earth - none of it done well.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:45 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Most recent Prague stay - FS without doubt is the best now in every way. MO food was awful - the usual Prague mish-mash of every country's food on earth - none of it done well.
I'll have to second that about the food at the MO. We had lunch there one day and nothing was terribly memorable. In contrast, we very much enjoyed the food at Crudo, the FS restaurant...

FDW
Old Feb 6, 2015, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

It sounds like the FS is everyone's choice.

Has the Augustine deteriorated or is it just not in the same class as the FS and the MO?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:18 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by richarddd
It sounds like the FS is everyone's choice.

Has the Augustine deteriorated or is it just not in the same class as the FS and the MO?
I don't think it was ever in the same class as the FS or MO. Also, I think it's slated to become a Hyatt property sometime soon...

FDW
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not a luxury hotel, but check out the Hotel General. We had a marvelous stay there in a two-room suite. Great breakfasts, and the staff is terrific. Industrial area, but that has its advantages in that the catacorner Staropramen brewery has a terrific restaurant. And the streetcar stops nearby.

Love, love Prague. Make sure you visit the Klášterní pivovar Strahov (Strahov monastery brewpub) in the Mala Strana. Best beer I've ever had.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:45 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
We stayed at FS Prague a few years ago. It was nice. We were not over the moon about it, but that may simply be a function of hotel quality in that part of the world. They were renovating the main restaurant at the time, so we didn't get the full breakfast experience.

The location was great -- I would pick it over the MO's location if you are going to be doing all the tourist stuff on the FS's side of the river.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: HH, SPG, IHG, Club Carlson, Hyatt, AA, DL, AmEx, UR
Hi! We spent 6 months in Prague, and, while I do not have any point-earning/membership hotels to suggest, I highly recommend Hotel Savic. (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...e_Bohemia.html). Our guests found it to be really charming and quaint as well as well-located. If you need any recommendations or other help feel free to PM! You'll have a great trip! :-)
Old Feb 12, 2015, 2:18 pm

We visited Prague 2 years ago. I was hesitating between MO and FS at that time and I am glad we followed the advice of Vuittons and chose the FS. We stayed in a duplex suite in the classical building. The view was beautiful, and Cotto Crudo a nice experience. I would happily go back!
Old Feb 13, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
We stayed at a suite in the MO for our first stay in PRG, and I must say it was stunning. The property being an old monastery is definitely different, and the service was impeccable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.