Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Pudong Shanghai

Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond

The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong

Map| 2 Reviews | 50% Recommended

Shanghai Ifc 8 Century Rd Shanghai, CN 200120

Ritz Carlton Pudong Shanghai (0 Photo)

Everyone thanks for your input. I just returned from a three night stay in a Club Level Bund View Suite and was fairly impressed.

Arrival Experience

We arranged transportation from Pudong International Airport through the concierge and were greeted upon arrival and shown to an Audi A6 for a 35 minute drive to the hotel. Upon arrival at the hotel club concierge was waiting in the ground lobby and quickly whisked us to our suite for a seamless and efficient check-in. She took a few moments to show us the bathroom, blinds, lighting, TVs, and other various controls Our luggage arrived shortly thereafter. GM left a wonderful assortments of fresh fruit and petit fours along with a welcome note.

Bund View Suite

Overall very impressed with space and contemporary design. Maybe it's just me but I felt the suite (and the property overall for that matter) was over decorated almost in a distasteful Las Vegas style. The sitting area had a large desk, sofa, club chair, and entertainment center. Floor to ceiling windows in both living an bedroom area each with club chair and handy schematic diagram identifying nearby landmarks on the Bund.

The bathroom was the highlight of the room. Almost the size of a traditional guest room with large soaking tub, marble shower, commode, and double vanity. Unlike other properties the TV is positioned against the wall for viewing in the soaking tub rather than integrated in the mirror. Bathroom featured Acqua di Parma amenities, not sure if this just for club level and suites or if standard rooms receive something different.

Club Lounge

The lounge itself is spacious and well laid out with wonderful views of the Pearl Tower and Bund Area. Although the lounge is open 24 hours, it is only staffed 6:30am-10:30pm. The staff was professional and accommodated all of our needs but we did have some communication difficulties as only several staff members seemed conversationally fluent in English. We had difficulty communicating with the lounge staff to arrange train tickets to Hangzhou and redeeming an Amex CNY Travelers Cheque, but eventually they sorted things out.Food presentations were good and offered a nice variety of traditional Chinese and Western items.

Fitness Center & Swimming Pool

Overall very impressed here. Spacious fitness center offering Tecnogym equipment with integrated LCD monitors and a good assortment of strength equipment and dumbbells. Swimming pool and jacuzzi are rather large with ample seating available and have great views of Pudong towards the SWFC and Jin Mao Tower.

Overall

Although I enjoyed my stay the communication barriers with staff are an issue for English speaking guests. Although the staff understood basic phrases and requests we did have some difficulty obtaining directions and other information. The suite, club lounge, and common areas are nice but a bit overdone especially when compared to our stay at the Park Hyatt after checking out. Overall I'll likely be back when I return to Shanghai.

Would you like to write a review on the The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong?

No, thank you.
Yes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.